Why do you watch English movies with subtitles?

Why do you watch English movies with subtitles?

i unironically do this

i don't know. I just like to just see the correspondence between spoken and written

Because I'm deaf in my right ear you insensitive fuck.

I've got a minor hearing impairment in my left ear so it's comfier. :^)

CAUSE I CAN'T UNDERSTAND THEIR FOOKIN ACCENT SOMETIMES

Because I don't speak English.

I'm a filthy foreigner.

I watch everything with subtitles and I play games with subtitles.

I am good with faces but not with names, so it helps me see the name of the person or place so I can put them together.

Because dialogue is hard as fuck to hear in a lot of movies. It's unbelievable that they get away with this.

I watch English movies with subs, and every time, there's at least 2-3 lines that I wouldn't have heard if the subs had been off.

Helps me understand what they're saying.

cause your actors cant speak

I'm listening to something else on my headphones like an audiobook. Put the subs on my TV so I can watch and read.

cause i'm not a native speaker

because readin' is fun and i like to know every little thing thats being said plus all the other stuff like what the lyrics to the music in the background of a scene is saying which adds to the scene itself

plus i stay up late so i keep the volume low
and i have tinnitus

I don't

KEK FUCKING RETARD

pretty much this

>It's unbelievable that they get away with this.

There is nothing wrong with the audio production or mixing. It's your fault for trying to play 5.1 channels worth of sound into 2 channels worth of speakers without using a real dolby digital/dts decoding receiver to do it.

Use a real speaker system and you'll hear everything just fine.

subtitles ruin comedy

if you know the punchline before the actor says it, really ruins how the line is said and the comedic aspects

I'm a visual learner, so if I can see the words as they're being spoken, I'll remember it a lot better.

No impairment or anything I just like being able to, if for whatever reason I didn't fully here what was said, I can glance down and see what was said.

Some subtitles show the names of songs playing which is nice.

Also, the SDH subtitles are the best because they describe sounds which is interesting and funny.

Best thing I like is matching the subs with the actual dialogue and spotting the mistakes where they didn't understand slang or attritbuted a line to the wrong character. Fun for the autism heh?

why did you post this three fucking times

It helps to really pay attention and understand the film.

Probably bait, but this wasn't a problem with older films so it shouldn't be a problem with newer ones. It's like they mumble their lines or something.

>this is UK wit

Because I'm shoving junkfood down my throat and I can't hear the dialogue over chewing sounds.

I also unironically do this and my reasoning is that, just like when reading a book or listening to music, a misunderstood word can completely change a sentence. Same in a movie, it can change a scenes dialogue, and it's feeling or intention.

>download a season to hard drive
>Plug into my TV
>discover every episode has subs with a fucking "forced on" flag
>have to spend twenty minutes remuxing them all deleting the subs file so that I don't have to manually deactivate the subs at the beginning of each episode

Every. Fucking. Time. Subfags need to be executed

The pop up of words on screen draws your eye and you end up reading the lines ahead of the actor delivering them, which absolutely destroys their delivery.

>looking at the screen while eating

kek when im shoveling food into my gullet i crank the volume up and watch the food go in my mouth

Because my gf won't ever stop talking.

>he doesn't have a htpc (running something like plex) that gives him complete control over what subs to show and when
>but instead fucks around plugging a portable hdd in and out and using the tvs shitty decoder and player

kys

>start watching without subs
>whispering / scene with noise in background
>understand fuck all
>turn subs on in quiet shame

autism: the rant

Depends, if the characters mumble a lot, I just turn it on

I don't need "control" over subs - I just don't want subs at all. You would need to be a turbo autist to get a miniature PC for your television when smart TVs exist

Because english is not my native english and I don't want to struggle with the different accents of the characters.

Because MAYBE I have difficulty hearing sometimes and would like a little confirmation to know what I heard is accurate

That fucking answer your question MOM?

Because I live next to a 6-lane road in the capital of my country and my television's sound is shit enough without the noise pollution already.

"SmartTV's" do absolutely fuck all of what a htpc can do.

I do it when I'm watching something that may be embarrassing for other people to hear or I'm watching something with a terrible range of audio (like Scarface or No Country For Old Men)

I only do this for McConaughey films. I honestly have no fucking idea what he's saying 99% of the time.

SWERUNMEMUMMATE

i am this way with sean penn and robert downey junior

so I can understand the movie and still listen to music.

because dialogue in yify is so fucking soft