This was fucking disturbing

This was fucking disturbing

What is it?

Threads, 1984 film about nuclear war, one of the only films I've seen as an adult that's made me feel scared

To be honest the only part that scared me was when the attack warning siren happened out of nowhere. Everything else was depressing but not very disturbing.

It not bad but it is extremely overrated. Why does it seem like there is a thread devoted to this movie every other day?

Is someone paid to force this meme? It's mediocre at best and I fell for it like a year ago already.

Because even despite its flaws, its culturally important
Its fairly cult/obscure so Anons can feel important sharing it

Also... the first time I saw it I shit my pants and it changed the way I view the whole subject. That might have something to do with it too.

It wasn't overrated when it came out

propaganda and fear mongering

>Three years after Ruth's death, Jane and two boys are caught stealing food. One boy is shot in the ensuing confusion. Jane wrestles for the food with the other boy and they have sex. Months later, Jane finds a makeshift hospital and gives birth to a stillborn child.
makes you think

Normies who know nothing about the scientific effects of nuclear war see it and get their minds blown, and then come to Sup Forums to talk about how red-pilled it made them.

If anybody wants to watch some actual /nukekino/, go watch Fail-Safe.

It's like Dr. Strangelove, just the gut-wrenching opposite in terms of execution and atmosphere.

No it isn't, this movie pretends the rest of the world that wasn't nuked doesn't exist.
In the real world, everyone would just move to somewhere else where it's less shitty.
Just like the niggers do.

Are you retarded

I'm an oldfag

Not a first generation oldfag but old enough to be embarrassed about posting on a board aimed at teenagers

When we were first shown this in school, it was on a faded VHS shown during "religious education". There was noting else like it, we'd never been exposed to such ideas, we all walked out shell-shocked.

The nerdy amongst us then rushed to the library and started pulling these things called books off of the shelf, because the internet was somewhere you went for low resolution pictures of Gail Porter, not scientific documentation.

What's my point; dunno, maybe context is important. Also being a normie ain't such a bad thing

No, but you are.

Oh, okay then.

Britain actually gets off quite lightly in threads. I can't remember the exact details but the movie imagines 300 mega-tonnes landing on the UK dropping temperatures to below zero.

It specifically states that global temperatures have also dropped with them possibly going down to as low as -60°C in mainland America and the Americas

Lastly; I think the Russians actually planned to assign more than 300MT to the UK... so the movie is unreasonably optermistic

YORKIES DESERVE TO DIE

Watch War Game as well. It's funnier.

>mfw live next to US base in North of England

>tfw no quite pnw apocalypse where all you worry about is survival

I like how the Russians first detonated a nuke in the sky to shut down their phone lines and then nuked them.
Like if it wasn't enough to just nuke them.

Fuarken hellz yeah dude......this movie is so f*king scary...

Like before yo, I just thought nukes were badass but dude...I should mention I'm REALLY old, like in my mid-20s and I've seen some FUARKED up shizz here on the Chans...Lol u ever hear of 2 Girls One Cup?

Anyway yo...this movie SCARED me. Dude. Frightened me yo. So realistic and gritty. Absolutely terrifying. Like so real.
I know a lot of people talk about this one scene, but the scene that REALLY scared me is this one scene not a lot of u talk about, but it scared me personally because it's lesser known...

I think i'll post about this terrifying and realistic, absolutely scary, movie tomorrow too guys...

Calm down mate

Dude it was so terrifying .Literally the most scariest movie I've ever seen...lol...kids like you might think Freddy Krager and Jason are scary but nah yo....this shit is.

Hell I remember a vague memory of watching this as a child and how, even as a child, it impacted me way more than my mates at class yo. I was always pretty mature and...heh...always thought some more fucked up shit of the world...

But yo this movie changed me dude. I wont really go into specifics but it was so fucking terrifying, yo.

Kill yourself underage b& faggot

Yeah that bits a bit fluffy in the movie

I believe the actual tactic for an EMP is to detonate it in the upper atmosphere a few minutes before your surface detonating nukes start raining down... its a cheap way of restricting the enemy's response capabilities.

Also its mad... which is kinda the point of the movie

Frig off Corey

The movie states that the nuclear exchange between East and West is around 2000 MT, assuming a relatively equal exchange, that means Britain got like, 30% of Russian nukes.
And given the average nuclear yields range under a MT, it was hit over 300 times.
This is likely way more than what the Soviets would have likely targeted in the event of a nuclear war. I'd rather doubt that they would go for anything beyond strategic targets.

ITT: reddit.

I've only watched The Day After, how does Threads compare?

You got me to check my facts

Threads was based off of Operation Square Leg

I can't find a citation but I read somewhere else that the level was used partially because it was conceived that the UK couldn't withstand much more pounding without a total ecological collapse... but citation needed

Soz missed a useful quote from wiki

" It was assumed that 131 nuclear weapons would fall on Britain with a total yield of 205 megatons (69 ground burst; 62 air burst)[1] with yields of 500 KT to 3 MT [2]"

>anything I don't like is reddit

So, who won the war?

it's just a b-movie for schools you dummies

can confirm, watch it in school. Our form tutor said it was something we needed to see, despite it being 20 years old by that point. Still scared the pants off us.

t. never watched threads

(not true. by the way)

(not true, by the way)

This thread is particularly poignant in light of that explosion at that French nuclear power station today.

i'm glad you see it my way

lies, not seen anything on reddit about it

*Jadakiss voice* Bush knocked down the towers...

Threads is disturbing in general because it goes from normal civilian life to desperate post apologetic situation in about the span of 40 minutes. At least movies like The Road and Book of Eli just inject you into it.

Threads is terrifying, worse than any horror movie I've ever seen.

I enjoyed it because they correctly showed that starvation caused by the collapse of infrastructure and trade was the real killer. Every person suddenly became isolated and had to fend for themselves and our society cannot handle that.

Even cities that avoided being nuked would die.

No it wasn't. There are many movies that are way more disturbing.

nuclear winter is a meme, you could detonate every warhead on the planet and it wouldn't kick up enough debris to lower temperatures by more than a few degrees

>war is awful
t. civiliancucks

>not a first generation oldfag but old enough to be embarrassed about posting on a board aimed at teenagers

relate heavily

>watch Threads
>it's not that disturbing

Wish I could appreciate being an easily-shocked kid.

the movie makes it seem like nuclear war is easily survivable if you prepare preferably having a cellar.

even then you can just put some doors against a wall and you're ok.

When the Wind Blows is is real nuclear kino.