CHC: Cubs close to hiring Hickey as pitching coach
MIL: Brewers re-sign INF Sogard for 2018
STL: Cards to hire Mike Maddux as pitching coach
MIN: Twins name Garvin Alston new pitching coach
NYY: Yankees part ways with manager Joe Girardi
CLE: Indians name Carl Willis new pitching coach
MIL: Brewers ink SP Chase Anderson to extension
HOU:Springer blast helps Astros win; Series tied
BOS:Dustin Pedroia (knee) out until late-May '18?
LAD: Darvish starting Game 3 of the World Series
HOU: McCullers to start Game 3 for the Astros

Other urls found in this thread:

m.mlb.com/network/shows/?id=mlbn_30clubs_2010
bleacherreport.com/articles/2715921-ranking-all-30-mlb-farm-systems-post-2017-mlb-draft
twitter.com/okayado1215/status/895416962733326336
youtu.be/BJddV63-nZk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

CIN: Bryan Price named permanent manager until death

Is there a baseball version of that NFL preseason documentary?

>STL: Cards to hire Mike Maddux as pitching coach

who can stop us

do you mean hard knocks? not really. mlb network does a spring training whiparound thing where they profile all thirty clubs in thirty days, but that's hardly comparable

KCMO

Do you have a link/name?

Dilly dilly

MARINERS!!!

m.mlb.com/network/shows/?id=mlbn_30clubs_2010

looks like the page is dead until spring training starts back up. unfortunately, mlb.com completely gutted and redid their video site this season, rendering it nearly useless

>home of the 2004 all star game
dont they rotate them? is that anything to be proud of, especially 13 years later?

Pretty sure that picture is from around 2004

Ah well thanks anyway

That's from the Astrodome (NL)

if it's any consolation, individual teams' media departments usually do the best coverage anyway. regional sports network affiliates, etc.

I'm looking for production value of a Hard Knocks level irrespective of club

rotation implies a set schedule, which does not exist.

probably

The Astros played their last game in the Astrodome in 1999.

>1999
That was a good year for my man Biggio (I call him Bigs)

>18 years ago

Aren't they about due for a new home, now that they have an owner who's not a tight-fisted fuckbag?

>Dodger Stadium
>opened 1962
>capacity: 56,000

>Minute Maid Park
>opened 2000
>capacity: 41, 676

H-town til I drown.

Glad to a part of the biggest fair weather fan base in baseball. We all found out about the sport last week.

>i just found out about it last week
>therefore everyone did

You can wait in the parking lot, Mr Casual, I've been going to games since the Dome was the home.

I'm happy you and the other 10 people who went to their games 2 years ago are feeling good.

so where is stanton going to go? I guess the yankees

weekdays are hard because there's no public transpo, but the team does okay.

Imagine how much better a stadium Houston can negotiate for if they keep up this years level of #winning.

Giants

sadly enough, the initial reports of SF are probably correct

why does The Show actively punish you for being a closing pitcher. I'm basically fucked because the rags decided I should be a closer despite being the third highest rated starter on the roster, but now I can't improve my rating because closers get no fucking training points for doing their job.

Stanton to the Giants
Donaldson to the Cardinals
Harper to the Cubs
Machado to the Yankees
Trout to the Phillies

Say the line about the weather near the stadium.

This.

>H-town til I drown.
you may be troll asf but i'm jackin this

>Aren't they about due for a new home
They'll probably expand and renovate MMP instead of building a completely new ballpark.

so is there good prospects they can get back?

the farm system cant get any worse

It depends how many teams bid. It's impossible to say whether they will get good prospects right now. I would think that the logical choice would be Heliot Ramos if the Giants are going to trade a good prospect to the Marlins but it could be more or less than that. They don't have anyone that interesting overall aside from him.

Giants have a better farm system than one may think. Although landing Stanton would mean parting with Arroyo and Ramos among a few pieces that Miami would get in return.

This. Marlins will focus all on Heliot Ramos and Christian Arroyo as future cornerstones for their rebuild. Arroyo is going to be the guy Jeter wants at short longterm since the Fish have no answer and Ramos actually has Stanton-like potential on his scouting report. Meanwhile, I wonder if the Giants will go for Yelich in addition to Stanton seeing they need two outfielders and the Giants looking to be just under lux tax whereas the Marlins will be shedding as much payroll as they can.

This, but not for a little bit.
Trout renewed his contract you goon

Angels are a falling out of contention early in 2018 towards being the most financially fucked. They may have to trade him sooner or later, Phillies can afford to pay the rest of that.

why would the marlins get rid of yelich? he is the best contract the marlins have. Stanton is enough. You can build around yelich

Phillies managet himself hasn't even declared when they expect to be a competing team, and have finished last for a while.

I know they will trade him, but i highly highly doubt it's before 2020. Or 2019 at the deadline

Who gets the crown jewel of free agency, Alcides Escobar?

Because Jeter wants to cut payroll to 90 Million. That's just small talk for "we're going to start from the bottom again." Seeing they didn't build around Stanton correctly, I can't imagine Yelich being "the guy" for what Jeter seems to be hinting at.

I think the Houston Astros might win it. That last game was pretty intense and played by the heart. If they keep playing like that, there's no doubt that they might have a chance. LA Dodgers too.

The point is they're saving up for the next two free agency classes. They will have to buy players. The Cubs bought Lester and others when they won 73 games in 2014. Considering the Phillies also have a top farm system coming in, they won't be bad for much longer although they might not be contending right now. Yet the NL East's current state is a wide open door for grabs.

but he is their best contract. loria fucked everything up but that contract. Worth keeping.

Yes I know its going to be another fire sale.

Miami is going through some big changes and are using Jeter as a figurehead.

They already have a small fanbase, i'm not sure why the want to become the next phillies.

Jeter will keep Yelich around because of his mom.

>Cards hire Mike Maddux

oh shit...that is not good news for anyone else in the NL central

Honestly i don't think phillies management knows what the fuck they're even doing right now.

They are shopping around for a new manager, and each one they want is taking jobs elsewhere.

The plus is Trout likes the Phillies, so if they get their shit together in the next couple years, there's a chance they can nab the best player in baseball.

And then I'll hang myself from the rafters because /my/ team will be shit and in debt, without trout

While it is a good contract, it's no guarantee to stay much longer with the team's direction. Granted, he was signed when the Marlins were still in a good position to win some ballgames, they can make a good fortune by fixing that 28th ranked farm system from it considering this team has no direction until further notice going forward.

They have the smallest fanbase in baseball, my guess is in order to expand it Jeter will pander to the Latin American community there, since Cubans, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, and Venezuelans all make up sizeable bits of Miami's population. They'll be strategic in building this team through international spending going forward by that logic.

So you are saying they are going to invest more in finding foreign talent?

Well hey, it makes sense if you limit the budget.

I just think the next couple years will be rough for the Marlins. At least they hosted the ASG, right?

Hiring Dusty Wathan (if the Phillies do this) is going to be big for their younger guys. The Phillies Triple A team has been a powerhouse in recent years. If he brings that familiarity to the clubhouse, the young guys will respond well as I am sure of it.

What the Angels need to do is not spend money on every ex-Ranger or ex-Cardinal, since that has only fucked them 2003-onward towards getting back to where they were before. Or better yet, know when it's OK to sit a year or two out instead of going all in every year and not getting the results you want.

Yes, starting next year they will have the highest bonus spending pool given their market size and money that they'll keep getting from trades that Jeter seems to be hinting at. They'll want to spend on as much players as they can to rebuild the farm, in addition to the draft.

>I just think the next couple years will be rough for the Marlins

So basically iust like any other year with the marlins.

The only way they will get fans in south florida is to fucking win. Loria tried doing that and he fell on his face. if they somehow get it to work then more power to them but I wont hold my breathe

The Marlins haven't ever rebuilt their team since they fired Jack McKeon. They've always been in the thick.

The angels problem, from a fan's perspective, is they feel like they HAVE to compete now, because they have borrowed time with Trout, simmons, and a fading pujols.
The pitching suffered some injuries, but i feel like that was used as a bigger excuse than it really was. The pitching was awful, but im not convinced it will become elite soon.

They keep fooling themselves into vision of grandeur, because they get sooo close, but never quite make it.

I really cant tell the difference between rebuilding and just being shit with this team. All the owners have been so bad.

I really hope that they build it up good so they can have a decent team at least

hey guys i dont know that much about teams' farm systems so I found this article from earlier this year:

bleacherreport.com/articles/2715921-ranking-all-30-mlb-farm-systems-post-2017-mlb-draft

is this list mostly correct?

Wait until the next BA report comes out. Then you can start taking farm systems seriously.

That's forgetting the recent trades going on.

Tear down Fenway stadium

kill john lennon

MMP is in a pretty choice spot and it's still nice, I don't see any reason for a new one

I still think the d-backs were the better team and should have beat the dodgers

Are any sports talky shoes in Houston for the Eries? I could bring a sign.

Yes!!! YES!!! Have the sign say Sup Forumsartans unite!!! And draw Madoka on it, but have her wearing an Astros cap. And you can also wear an Astros cap.

Me too

Reminder John Lennon was a talentless hack

Yeah, don't fucking do this

You can put the Sup Forums clover on the back of your Rascal scooter. That way everyone will know you're from the Internet.

Do the janny meme on a poster

Capacity has nothing to do with how nice a stadium is. Oakland technically has the most seats in MLB not counting the tarp, and it's crap.

2017 Cleveland Indians attendance and postseason lmao cannot make it up can NOT make this stuff up

Nobody is trading a prospect haul for Stanton with that contract. Miami is going to have to kick in real money if they want something good back.

Sup Forumsstros!

thoughts on McCullers starting Game 3?

>Ramos and Arroyo
Never say never, but I don't think that's happening. Miami would have some real money. They are going to have to eat money just to get warm bodies back.

Marlins are going to try to make off with something other than cash relief. Don't be surprised if it isn't at least one of those in combination with Joe Panik or something.

If he gets more than 5 solid innings then it’s good

>If he gets more than 5 solid innings then it’s good
tru tru

Yes, they will try and they should. I'm just not sure they are going to get anyone to bite. The contract is already underwater even as good of a hitter as Stanton is. It's a bit of a cop out, but it will become clearer once we get a handle on which teams are actually in play for him.

Minute M/a/id

>Cubs
What does everyone think of the new hires for the Cubs between Chili, Butterfield and Hickey?

Go Zeon, or go home.

How dare you disgrace the world's most adorable Dullahan with that garbage laundry

>Disgrace
You underestimate the autism of Chic/a/go and their reach.
twitter.com/okayado1215/status/895416962733326336

Goddammit, Okayado. Stop encouraging them.

>stadium named after a corporation

doyers in five (5)

No one really cares

ask me how i know you're a dodgers fan

>ur a doyers fan
You're a deluded faggot who can't handle it when no one cares about his team so he starts throwing out weak accusations in a fit of rage

I'm an Astros fan, I could just smell the douche through my screen.

>I'm an Astros fan
So am I, Craig biggio is my favorite player

As a Rays fan, Hickey was a large part of our pitching staff successes. I'm sad to see him go, but I hope he and Maddon bring that spark to your rotation.

Ok imagine making this commute
>in 102 degree weather with 80% humidity
>finally make it to the ballpark after witnessing multiple rubberneckers make the commute even longer
>parking is $50 near the ballpark
>$20 if you are willing to walk 2-3 miles
>make it to the gate
>tickets are expensive as fuck

Fuck that shit man I'd rather watch from home. Remind you, we have little to no public transportation in Houston so drivers are always fucking up on the road. The 2 hour roundtrip commute for me is just on a good day. We're not like the east coast where public transportation is convenient and you don't live 25-30 miles away from your home ballpark.

Leave the Astros to me.

>CHC: Cubs close to hiring Hickey as pitching coach
Based

In case anyone wants to bet on Houston today, here's Darvish pitching against Houston at Minute Maid

youtu.be/BJddV63-nZk

I remember going to the all star game celebration stuff at george r brown, it's definitely not the astrodome

We'll just see. Depends on if Darvish doesn't have one of those "1/100 games" like Kenley Jensen.

>2013
when will this "darvish is good in houston" meme end?
tonight, I guess