Okay. This is it. This is the one that you fanboys will simply be unable to refute

Okay. This is it. This is the one that you fanboys will simply be unable to refute.
Why didn't Frodo just fly the eagles to Mordor?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9CF6mscAeJo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

read the books nignog

Not an argument

It wouldn't be a storytelling but bed-rushing.

didn't have an eagle riding license

Why didn't sauron just block the entrance to mount doom?

Fine, let me spoonfeed it to you because you're clearly a manbaby who can't read.

>As Bilbo listened to the talk of Gandalf he realized that at last they were going to escape really and truly from the dreadful mountains. He was discussing plans with the Great Eagle for carrying the dwarves and himself and Bilbo far away and setting them down well on their journey across the plains below.

>The Lord of the Eagles would not take them anywhere near where men lived. "They would shoot at us with their great bows of yew," he said, "for they would think we were after their sheep. And at other times they would be right. No! we are glad to cheat the goblins of their sport, and glad to repay our thanks to you, but we will not risk ourselves for dwarves in the southward plains."

This is from The Hobbit. They asked the Eagles. The Eagles straight up refuse because they aren't a taxi service and have their own shit to do. Their leader is indebted to Gandalf so he will help Gandalf if needed, but that doesn't mean he has to help Gandalf's friends.

>'So it was that when summer waned, there came a night of moon, and Gwaihir the Windlord, swiftest of the Great Eagles, came unlooked-for to Orthanc; and he found me standing on the pinnacle. Then I spoke to him and he bore me away, before Saruman was aware. I was far from Isengard, ere the wolves and orcs issued from the gate to pursue me.

>'"How far can you bear me?" I said to Gwaihir.

>'"Many leagues," said he, "but not to the ends of the earth. I was sent to bear tidings not burdens."

>'"Then I must have a steed on land," I said, "and a steed surpassingly swift, for I have never had such need of haste before."

This is from LOTR (The Council of Elrond). Again, the Eagles straight up refuse to help.

TL;DR they don't take the Eagles because the Eagles don't fucking want to be taken.

I legitimately can't refute it, and neither can anyone else.

The best """defense""" in the fanbase is that the Eagles are strong, independent birds who don't need no man so if Gandalf asked them to fly Frodo to Mount Doom they might say no because fuck you dad I do what I want. Which is an absolute bullshit argument because the Eagles are willing to go save Gandalf at the drop of a hat and even get involved in the war effort at the end anyway. They're intelligent nature spirits whose fates are bound to Middle Earth as much as any others', of course they'd fight Sauron if asked, especially if it's something as simple as dropping off a dude somewhere.

The second-most common argument is that the Eagles would get taken down by Sauron's air forces, i.e. the fell beasts. But that also fails because the Eagles BTFO the fell beasts anyway.

So yes, the Eagle thing is a genuine plothole

Eagles eat hobbits.

OPs status = BTFO

confirmed for not reading the books.

Gandalf didnt fully trust the Eagles because once they had knowledge of the Ring they would take it for themselves.

What assholes.
"Fuck you man, we have our own shit to do"
>proceeds to sit in a tree and hunt for sheep, occasionally diving for fun.

I've never watched these meme movies but what's so special about this ring? I thought all it did was turn you invisible?

If it was so bad why not have Rudolf the grey teleport it into space or onto the moon?

In both The Hobbit and LOTR, the Eagles got involved in the war effort only at the very end, when victory was already certain. In fact, in both cases, they didn't come to fight, they came mostly to take Gandalf and his friends to safety and then gtfo.

Secondly, remember that the Eagles are descendants of a Maia of Manwe. Ergo they have almost the same potential power level as Sauron. They would be able to use the ring, and be corrupted by it.

>And that is another reason why the Ring should be destroyed: as long as it is in the world it will be a danger even to the Wise. For nothing is evil in the beginning. Even Sauron was not so. I fear to take the Ring to hide it. I will not take the Ring to wield it.'

How would the orcs get to the famous Mt Doom saunas inside otherwise?

no one would want to fuck with an invisible rapist.

also Gandolphini couldn't teleport it into space because Sauron was allied with Q who had command of the Deathstar hovering over middle earth.

Sauron is that magical eyeball tower right? Was it able to find the ring no matter the location or what?

They're also racist.

>dude fuck dwarves lmao

Ye especially if you wear it.

Imagine taking the ring and using it solely to fuck hot bitches though.

A door with a lock maybe? Sauron doesn't have his act together at all.

Because he thinks he's invincible.

Plus I bet he secretly wants big beefy adventurers to come in and fuck his tight boipussy.

they had to distract Sauron lighthouse first , otherwise they would have been instantly detected and shot down

>the Eagles straight up refuse to help.
they could have at least played music for them for their journey

The Ring-Wraiths would ride their big Nazgul up there and kill the eagles and easily get the ring back to Sauron duh.

What was his tax policy?

missing quads

there are many "neutral" factions in the LOTR all with their own interests, its not just "everyone who is good vs Sauron" you'll be surprised when you read the books and catch the subtext

flying the eagles would be like walking through Sauron's front door. they would be exposed.

People who make the eagles argument either are too retarded for critical thinking or haven't read the books.

I was just shitposting but i appreciate the effort

The eagles were stupid, Frodo and Sam should have died there

Just because it created modern fantasy doesn't make it a very well thought out story

But what about Faramir's dick? What if it was too small to satisfy Eowyn and she began an illicit sexual relationship with Eomer? These are the questions Tolkien doesn't address and that I wanted to explore, because real life isn't a fairy tale.

>too exposed

so? It's a medieval era nothing could hope to outpace or shoot at eagles and they could get to Mount Doom long before any response. We also see that they happily have a go at fell beasts and do well enough. Not someone who it bothers but it's not like it isn't viable.

how tf will an eagle wear a ring

Why didn't they just get god to destroy the ring?

Here you go senpai
youtube.com/watch?v=9CF6mscAeJo
/thread

It's not an effort to read my favourite book again, user!

Is that Japanese Goldberry?

he doesnt give a fuck

Same reason the Valar didn't march into Mordor with a fuckhuge army of Vanyar, tore everything into tiny pieces of rubble and genocided every orc in Middle Earth

They don't care

wonder if Boromir fucked her when he stopped off at Meduseld?

Kek'd hard, well done.

GRRM would rewrite the entire Eowyn character arc by having her catch Aragorn taking it up the ass from Eomer.

Why did Sauron choose a ring as an horcrux?

He didn't. The lava was the real horcrux. The ring was the only way to destroy it

what are nazgul

Woah