Red pill me on Netflix. First people were flocking to it now they are leaving in droves

Red pill me on Netflix. First people were flocking to it now they are leaving in droves.

Other urls found in this thread:

thestreet.com/story/13377046/1/is-george-soros-right-to-bet-so-heavily-on-netflix.html
nytimes.com/2017/01/18/business/netflix-profit-rises-56-percent-to-67-million.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They were great when they hosted other people's content. Since 2015, they've been cutting down on TV shows and movies to make way for their original white guilt programming.

They have some good stuff, but they've declined ever since they decided to stop collecting decent movies and tv shows to host and instead make their own shit programmes.

thestreet.com/story/13377046/1/is-george-soros-right-to-bet-so-heavily-on-netflix.html

>leaving in droves
lolno

>Netflix added a record 7.05 million streaming members in the three months that ended Dec. 31, up from the 5.59 million net additions in the same period of 2015. That growth, in domestic and international markets, beat its forecast of 5.2 million new members for the quarter. Netflix now has a total of 93.8 million members.
nytimes.com/2017/01/18/business/netflix-profit-rises-56-percent-to-67-million.html

Rekt

nobody is leaving in droves

most people saying they're gonna leave because of Dear White People will either come back or just pirated everything & never paid anyway

>ended Dec. 31

That's outdated. At least 7M have left because of their SJW bullshit since then.

Trips make it true

this is 2015, theyve also rised all their prices since then

>what is reading comprehension

They added 7.05 million members from October 1st, 2016 to December 31st, 2016. This is up from the 5.59 million added from October 1st, 2015 to December 31st, 2015.

They wouldn't release business results that were nearly 1.5 years old.

>Netflix added a record 7.05 million streaming members in the three months that ended Dec. 31, up from the 5.59 million net additions in the same period of 2015
>up from the 5.59 million net additions in the same period of 2015
that 7.05 million number is for Oct-Dec 2016, just a month and a half ago

quite simply delusional

>nytimes
fake news, nothing to see here

>At least 7M have left because of their SJW bullshit since then.

What SJW shit? Do you mean the Dear White People trailer released yesterday? Literally no one is cancelling their service because of a show they don't plan on watching.

Actually, I bet a billion subscribers or more have left because of their agenda of cultural marxism.

Maybe even two billion.

>keep fucking raising prices uncontrollably
>movie licenses keep running out without them renewing them
>leftist propaganda
>many similar services available without aforementioned problems and actually better 'original' shows

>implying anybody is going to force you to watch "Dear White People"

You know you can just rate it one star and not watch it.

You know what would be great, a 17th fucking thread.

>he actually rates Netflix originals

Netflix will not let something they produce fall below 3.2 stars.

The Internet streaming model proved itself so the cost of streaming rights increased considerably when Netflix had to renew

Since they always saw themselves as a cable side package rather than an outright competitor, they maintained the $10 price point

In the end their catalog had to be slashed heavily, reducing the value of the service over time

it's a Sup Forums gets triggered worse than any sjw i've ever seen thread

i've seen this thread a million times though

They ordered some episodes for a TV adaptation of a film that makes fun of white people

>at least 7M have left bc of SJW bullshit

is there anything more sensitive than a drumpsters feelings?

Is there any similar service for streaming movies that actually has good movies? I got on board with Netflix basically right around the time they removed like most of their good movies

>he thinks the ratings on Netflix are actually community ratings.

You fucking idiot.

I left Netflix in the 00s because they didn't have anything to stream and they raise their prices for no reason.

it's not a rating that you see it's an algorithm based on what shows you've rated and what things you might like based on your ratings and what you've watched.

i distinctly remember "the ranch" having 1 star for me when i was browsing a year or two ago so this is not true.

I keep planning to cancel because their selection sucks ass but I haven't bothered yet.

1. Originals can go all the way down to 1 star
2. Ratings are based on what you like.

Amazon or Hulu

>Netflix now has a total of 93.8 million members (worldwide)
>assuming ~$10 USD per user per month, means a gross income of $938,000,000 USD per month

where is all that money going? there are hardly any famous movies on Netflix

>many similar services available without aforementioned problems and actually better 'original' shows

hulu is more expensive and trash at how they handle business (lmao commercials on paid content, sad!)

amazon prime has jack shit for tv shows and movies outside their few decent originals. practically no documentaries either.

crackle is going to die when sony pictures falls and their most notable content was fucking Joe Dirt 2

the only other decent streaming service is FilmStruck, but it'd be more successful if Turner Classic Movies actually had their full movie library on there.

Netflix has been shit for months since they don't put good movies on anymore AND raise prices

Licenses and funding their own shows and movies

Do you still have AOL?

Thank-you for Netflixing the Web!

₪0.02 worth of Netflix vouchers have been deposited to your Netflix account.

Netflix: See What's Next

Filmstruck if you have "arty" tastes and/or into old classics

Amazon Prime otherwise

hi i'd like to correct the record (tm) by saying i was kinda wrong about hulu

the $8/m one still has commercial shit, but the $12/m one doesn't. still, $2/m more than netflix to have next to no movies isn't great

>Turner Classic Movies

>practically no documentaries either.
That's a great thing though.

>hurr durr i only wacth movie fer da escapissm

documentaries are the most comfy

nature documentaries and shit, not social or political stuff

Yes that's what films were created for.

What's that supposed to mean?

That's because you're an SJW yourself.

It's a millennial thing. You kids get triggered and traumatized by everything because you grew up with the firm belief that you are the most important thing in the world.

>just turn your brain off, bro
kys

For real lad, documentaries are just another form of entertainment, film-makers aren't serious researchers and it's usually an opportunity for them to LARP as journalists, which is particularly terrible because journalists themselves LARP as researchers

the big secret is that both SJW-types and anti-SJW-types get '''''triggered''''' when people make fun of them, and the other side just laughs at them when they do

the real winning move is to laugh at both sides at the same time

>le centerism maymay

i'm not familiar with this meme

But amazon actually has a great movie selection
Kys nigga

Increased rates, more jewy content

They started making their own shows because every company started pulling their shows.....all these companies mad that netflix succeeded at what they could not.

The real winning move is to avoid Sup Forums alltogether and not care what people are currently getting triggered over.

it's funny when either side acts up though

>the real winning move is to laugh at both sides at the same time
Fence sitters are simply slackers with no goals in life, and disguise that with their own superiority complexes. That's why all their posts on this board are so smug, because they refuse to accept reality, and the fact that they'll never accomplish anything significant in life.

Wow what an original thought I haven't read that 50 times before

>terrible selection
>poor bitrate
>some content not even available above SD quality even with BDs out
>DRM
>sells user data to third parties as per their privacy policy
>can't play above 720p in browsers other then Edge
>requires hardware DRM to even play 4K content
>consumers buying new hardware are paying for DRM so Netflix can serve its business model
Why are people so stupid to use this utter anti-user tripe of a service?

white people BTFO again :(

>>can't play above 720p in browsers other then Edge

this

Can't use it fucking linux at all

I left when my grandfathered price ended
I joined before they had a streaming service.

I watch movies, I liked their DVD service. I liked when they had a good selection of streaming movies.

Their originals are OK, but their movie selection became nothing but a bunch of Magnolia straight to DVD movies that were just awful

[citation needed]
for both of you faggots

>Can't use it fucking linux at all

You shouldnt be paying for services that dont respect your freedoms anyways

haven't found much on amazon worth talking about. having bond movies and some bigger stuff constantly there is neat, but it isn't nearly as great as netflix in its day. i also doubt their movie selection will stick around forever as they get bigger and the studios get more greedy.

netflix doesn't have much for movies either, don't get me wrong.

>Fence sitters are simply slackers with no goals in life
Literally fuck off. Unless you are directly involved in the political party you support, dedicating a significant portion of your time to thinking and talking about politics outside of casual debate just makes you a fucking loser with nothing else to talk about.

Don't you think every generation has had memelords who were 'really into politics man'? This shit is incredibly tiresome because you seem to think you are the first people to ever sperg out about current issues because the internet gives an illusion of a 'movement'.

I used to be a loyal subscriber until they implemented their geo block last year. My region doesn't get shit

>dedicating a significant portion of your time to thinking and talking about politics outside of casual debate just makes you a fucking loser with nothing else to talk about.

Sounds like you're upset that you're ignorant about politics

Fucking really m8? How is an interest in politics a bad thing in any way?

whities got their feelings hurt since everyone else can be made fun of except them.

netflix grows everyday little white dicks cant stop it.

Internet meme movements are stupid but if you take pride in not knowing about politics then you're a pleb of the highest order

Maybe more people learned to fucking torrent?

Yep, guess I should watch that 1980s monster show that everyone raves about before my membership expires.

Last i checked they had lynch's entire filmography,same with malick and several other good artfilm directors
As well as alotta sundance indie fare
More than can be said for other services

All you need is Netflix and Amazon Instant video.

Together they're cheaper than any cable package. Netflix for some of its original programming and Amazon isn't bad either. Mainly Amazon though for all the shit that Netflix slashed since they have shiloads of it.

Fuck network television and commercials. I cannot bring myself to watch a movie on television anymore. They turn a 2 hour movie into a 3 and a half hour monstrosity.

>flick to it when it's a cool new novelty
>novelty wears off
>company gets complacent
>more alternatives become more readily available/attractive
>customers leave

Really is a puzzler, OP.

just leech of a normie's netflix account and pirate everything that isn't on there

haven't paid for netflix since 2012 because i'm a cheap fuck

The library is awful, all they have are flicks!

I know this feel.

They could have just not done that, or if they were getting pressure, they could have just blocked a few.

>leaving in droves

The triggered Sup Forumsfriends make up like 10 people max.

>now they are leaving in droves.

this isn't actually happening

>a few butthurt white nationalists spamming threads on Sup Forums means people are leaving it in droves

haha

It is no longer the near "catch all" it used to be, so >we just went back to pirating.

i think you mean 6 gorillion members my triggered alt right cuck of a friend

The real winning move is not to fall for reactionary politics.

They are, at least with movies or shows not made by Netflix. 2001 and The Blair Witch had 2 and 1 stars because the average Netflix user is really stupid

>Everyone should choose a side and then align their every thought with that side, always!

When will we start calling out the alt-left for what it is?

The numbers are still rising but they're peaking, people can feel it slipping. They'll grow for a few more years but they're cards are marked at this point.

>What SJW shit?
Do you even watch netflix shows?
Jessica Jones (white woman-black male already on ep1, only weak and evil white man, strong woman)
that african negro kid war movie with Idris Elba
etc
etc

No I do like reading about politics and keeping up to date but I think being too partisan is stupid and limits your ability to really take in information about what is going on.

Internet meme movements are the perfect example, everything is seen through an ideological reality tunnel and convoluted by emotion because people make their political beliefs the foundation of their identities.

>that african negro kid war movie with Idris Elba

So a movie that shows the monstruosities commited in africa by its own warlords is SJW? Please elaborate because I'm dying to know

>etc
>etc

Ah yeah the list goes on and on

>First people were flocking to it now they are leaving in droves.

No they fucking aren't.

No one cares about this except for Sup Forums.