Can we have a Pacific Rim thread?

Can we have a Pacific Rim thread?

Discuss Jaeger, Kaijus. They just revealed the first look of the new jaegers in Pacific Rim: Uprising. They look bland imo, but hopefully it's just a rough idea.

>Pentecost had a kid other than Mako
>We only know about him in the sequel
Stacker confirmed for worse dad than Gendo.

what a fuck
they look like total shit
del taco spent the last months screaming against trump and forgot to do his job

Remake the first movie with
>Daytime battles
>Jaegers other than Gypsy Danger and the aus one getting involved and not just going down after 15 seconds
and I'll be happy. That's literally all they have to do to not fuck it up

The one on the left looks pretty generic but the one one the right looks like it might have some cool shit going on.

But I know what you're getting at. I remember when the original movie was getting teased, there was a lot of concept art of Cherno Alpha and the Chinese Jaeger floating around getting people fucking hype. Probably part of the reason their absurdly limited screen time was so disappointing.

m8 del taco has literally nothing to do with this movie

Yeah I looked how visually different each of the original jaeger looked, Crimson Typhoon with its broad frame, three arms and cyclops eye, Cherno with its big fists aswell as the whole reactor top part.

Then Gipsy Danger looks like a WW2 fighter plane and even Striker Eureka stood out as it was the only "modern" jaeger and the only one who looked like an anime mech.

he is writer and producer

Looks like my anime

I liked "Pacific Rim: Maelstrom" better

also
>sequel to the global smash hit
lol unless they mean it in a narrative sense

For fuck sake

None of the 3 even hold a candle to the other movies designs

Left has a fin so itll swim probably
Right has a cockpit in the stomach

I really enjoy watching Pacific Rim, even tho I know it's not that good.

Those new Jaegers look pretty boring desu, in the first one they were massive metal machines (the russian one was fucking goat), not anime armors

also
>no 3 armed jap Jaeger

wait so they buit a full new gypsy again? with a nuclear reactor? wasn't it destroyed to close the portal?

>in the first one they were massive metal machines (the russian one was fucking goat), not anime armors

Probably because this is just promo art and not how they actually look int he movie

I hope so, they look too skinny in OP's pic

fuck that if anything we need more striker eureka

>new kaiju hidden in the background
all around a shitty promo pic desu

Yeah they do look bland, what the hell. Literally every Jaeger from the first movie looked unique and distinctive. Even the ones that appeared in like two shots like Romeo Blue and Tacit Ronin. So what the fuck is this uninspired shit?

They should've just made an all new unique team instead of recycling and edgyfying the old designs. Fuck. Seeing GD in that state is even worse when you remember that they've discarded the old pilot.

Chinamen made into a success. I have no idea why they then decided to make a sequel with Boyega as a main character. Chinks literally refused to go to TFA because of him which is why it under-performed there despite all the marketing.

The amount of detail in the machinery and moving parts under the armor was amazing. I feel like they're going with a more slick look to the jaegers to save money.

franchise will turn into pure kino now that Guillermo del Fatfucko is out

Have the robots in Pacific Rim always looked like the Evas in the Rebuilds?

Cherno Alpha was Jetalone

You're probably right. It's understandable but still disappointing.

Keep on keeping on you glorious bastard ;_;7

Tacit was the only one that was overtly Eva

Not really, at least not proportionally. That scene where Gypsy is running through the city was more reminiscent of an EVA because of his humanoid shape and sexy long legs.

Pacific Rim is one of my favourite movies.

I watched it in the cinema and everyone who saw it was so hype, cheering and gasping as the movie unfolded. Yeah the plot is silly and the acting is wooden, but its a loveletter to kaiju and mecha and it delivers.

The action is great, the fact that they don't have the two main characters fall in love is also nice and Otachi is one sexy kaiju.

Cherno was the best :ยด(

>the fact that they don't have the two main characters fall in love
but that did happen

Yes, I agree on all points.

It didn't. Del Taco confirmed in a BD commentary that they're just friends.

Legendary got mad at del Toro because Crimson Peak flopped so they removed his directing priviledges and likely most of his creative freedom

expect lame designs, poor fight choreography with shakey cam, grey cinematography and even shittier human characters

Sad!

>uprising
wew, way to be generic

never post this image again

Crimson Peak did not flop
For a movie with no marketing it did ok. Not a blockbuster but neither a bomb.

Daily reminder that anyone who didn't watched that movie with Del Totoro comments is plebs.

>Still no European Jaegers
REEEEEEEE

>planetary threat
>most of the developed countries don't give a fuck because they are not in the pacific

what the fuck

what did the visionary mexican director mean by this?

>European Union Jaeger
>all the countries have to agree before it can move
>it can't be used since Brexit because they removed one part from it

I love Pacific Rim, I had such a good time watching it in the cinema and it was a complete surprise to me.

That said I'm not really looking forward to this new movie. I thought PR1 works well as it is without a sequel.

>Pacific
>Europe

It's on mothballs because the Greeks couldn't afford to replace it's part and the Britains left taking their part with it

Most of developed countries do not have big box offices. China gave $111.9 millions. Next is Russia with $20 millions, then South Korea with $18 millions. From that point of view Mexico has better chances to get their Jager or actor in movie than German or France.

France and the UK have territories in the pacific

It would had made more sense if the Jaegers from countries like Peru were actually UN task forces.
I mean I doubt Peru could unfuck himself enough to build several state of the art warmachines.

Pseudo colonies only matter if it's argentina doing the attack, not aliens.

>Striker Eureka stood out as it was the only "modern" jaeger and the only one who looked like an anime mech.
It was the most modern model, so it canonically makes sense for the new ones to share the design.

>We want the Evangelion audience
>Hires a black guy instead of a cute redhead

JUST my franchise up pham, no Chinese dollars for you

Literally Robot Jox, and I have no problem with that.

They should make Mediterranean Rim with Kaiju attacking refugees

more cosy ww2esque propaganda

and with more interesting characters
and more interesting and creative monsters
and without every character inexplicably speaking Japanese

Both of them got blown up in the first movie

Pentacost was god damn incompetent. Srsly. He failed to keep his subordinates under control, he failed to use numerical superiority against double event. He fucked it all up, man.

The Mechas look bad, literally Evangelion mechas with Halo helmets

Hopefully the new Kaiju will deliver

Go Go Power Rangers, Mighty morphing,
Oh wait...
Wrong film

>literally Evangelion mechas with Halo helmets
Funny you say that.

Why would anyone want to stop them in that case?

will we see some gattai in this one?

is this the new live action NGE they're doing

they really fucked up the design for unit 01 and 02

I knew I couldn't be the only person that noticed this shit.

Stomach cockpit is probably a response to the kaiju figuring out to attack the head area first to disable the pilots. The head could be a decoy

Does anyone know what the budget is for Pacific Rim 2?
It has to be less than the first one?

I'd like some more gimmick Jagers like the three armed Chinese one, or at least a proper amount of sword usage.