How do we teach Europeans to love Tex-Mex?

How do we teach Europeans to love Tex-Mex?

It's like middle-eastern food but worse.

Make them fat enough the only way they can appreciate a beautiful culinary tradition is bastardizing with a fat and sodium heavy version.

You know those restaurants are run by your people, right? Gringos only work at Taco Bell and Chipotle

I'm pretty sure all of that is just mexican

And you do know Tex-Mex isn't Mexican food right?

How come? I thought Texas was one of the nicest states of México.

It basically is since it has a lot Mexican influence.

>b-but whitey is ruining muh culture

meh, so is all the food in Central America and you don't see them labeling it as Mexican

It's probably on the bottom third

>invented by Mexicans
>prepared by Mexicans
>not Mexican food

???

I already do though.
But Brazilian and Argentinian food is better as far as American cuisine goes

Also this

You guys generally only get the fast food antojitos and a few de rigueur dishes, the haute cuisine side of Mexican food is harder to get outside of Mexico, although it's been becoming popular in the US

I like it, but i dont understand the US' obsession with it. Is it really because thats the only passable cuisine thats close to them ?

>American cuisine
gr9 b9 m9

You take that back you Finnish shit. Tex-Mex is better than anything shitland has ever come up with.

hon hon

Eh, it's just something that was invented here and we've been eating it for a long time now. We have food from all over the world here but Tex-Mex is basically traditional Murrica at this point. It's comfy to us.

Tex-Mex is better than Mexican food.

whats tex-mex
i tried mex food for the first time in Dublin, in a place called "Saburritos" that was wonderful and really hygienic but i dont know if its the real deal

>indigenous mole
>haute cuisine

This I would agree with, whle arguably it's a branch of Mexican food and shares many staple dishes Tex-Mex is now an American tradition. Chili con carne certainly isn't Mexican.

Tex-Mex is basically perfected non-poor Mexican food, while actual Mexican culinary is just poverty-ridden people slapping together the same cheap ingredients as best they can.

Like most of the shit we eat is any better.
TexMex gets a real bad rap, but shit's good. We're both fat fuck nations, both our food is good stuff.

I really hope you're trolling. Actual Mexican is great.

Every nations cuisine comes from poverty, it was what the people ate, not the fancy stuff. Now go sit in a corner before making more stupid comments.

You wish

Tex-Mex is food from Texas based on Mexican but generically it's used for American southwest food in that same tradition, it's somewhere in between a regional variation of Mexican food and an hybrid with American cuisine.

Yes, same as food in France and Italy based on provincial traditions, in this specific case however the recipe is from Mexico City

it is what the fuck.

Have you ever tried tex mex? it's decent, but mexican food is superior. Plus mexican food here doesn't taste the same as in mex.

of course you wouldn't know cus you're an uncultured swine.

Actually it is, compare OP's pic with a homemade meal or a comida corrida. That YOU make a choice to eat on street stands or live on antojitos is a different matter entirely.

did you try actual mexican food? i really liked the one i tried
so tex-mex is just american southwest food?

The irony of a French person saying this when their reputation for great food is literally just based of taking other country's recipes and making them better and more refined.

This is now a cuisine thread

This used to be peasant food, like most well known French dishes

What foreign cuisines do Mexicans have access to?

Tex-Mex is food made by Mexican-Americans that adapted their flavors to the American palate.

all of them

And many countries did the same thing. Difference is the French built a better reputation of pretentiousness in their cooking by teaching the best cooks in the world which is really where their reputation for great food comes from. Not the invention of their actual food.

in spain we have very similar things to this (cocidos)
its a shame its being lost because of "good looking" inferior food like this overpriced garbage

>overpriced garbage
You really dont know what it is

Yes, again you could get specific and call the stuff from California Cal-Mex (I believe they do make goof fish tacos) but in a general sense Tex_Mex would be exactly that, traditional cuisine in the American southwest.

I'm not saying it is in any way bad when it's properly made (eg not taco bell) and it does have its own unique dishes and traditions but stating it beats Mexican it's like claiming food from a particular area in France or Italy beats the full catalogue of their national cuisine.

Chinese foot it's everywhere really even in small towns
Japanese food it's also popular and then European stuff

Traditionally? French and Spanish cuisine, italian to a smaller extent, make the bulk of what we eat that isn't strictly Mexican, particularly simple everyday dishes, and half of what your average Mexican would eat at home you could call "International cuisine" meaning mostly continental Europe so there's a lot of influence from there. Mexican dishes are mostly based on a sofrito (ours is white onion and garlic) the same as Mediterranean cuisines. Obviously nowadays you could very well eat everything you want in Mexico City from anywhere in the world.

I do love coq au vin

It's true though. The French have hardly any dishes that are completely unique. Escargot is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. Most of their cuisine is just more refined than other countries cuisine's.

texmex = refried mex?

Brazil and Argentina are part of the American continent, you braindead cunt. They are American cuisine.

>living in US
>mexicans
not on my watch my man

That's in part because their food has been widely influential, not because it isn't unique. European cuisine was a very different thing in Roman Empire times where it was mostly seasoning your food with garum and pesto, much worse up north. The Arabs brought to Europe stuff like citrus, sugar and coffee, the new world provided things like tomatoes, potatoes and chocolate, so European food as we know it today took shape in the age of discovery and the French were highly influential not only through their later development of high cuisine but their everyday use of more traditiopnal ingredients like garlic and mustard. It's not their fault really everyone and their mom adopted much of their food. Still, they've got plenty of unique stuff, and more "refined" also means they do some things the best. I'll take a chateaubrand any day over a South American churrasco.

>American continent
You guys are trolling hard today I see.

forget it, amerimex is too flavorful and filling for yurodiets. the kebab will overrun them and then they'll all be reciting the shahada over their bowls of dates and harees

>American education
here, let me tell you about earth's continents
Europe, Asia, Africa, América, Oceanía, Antártica
it ain't that hard

>unironically thinking America is a single continent but Eurasia isn't

>mfw i got rodizio with my friend and his gf for the first time

you don't, there's already a similar but superior cuisine that all Europeans love