Sad!

i would like to think it's just the toys

shoulda kept deltoror

JUST

goddamn that's awful

>Epic Battle between Jeagers and Kaiju
>It's not a Jeager tournament between nations to settle global conflicts

YOU FUCKING HACKS. ONE JOB.

We were Eva last movie, the female lead was a straight up Reiclone and the Hong Kong battle was full of references (Boat sword).

KEK

deltaco is too old to be nostalgic about Eva, most of the stuff in Pacific Rim is homage to much older mecha series, ask /m/

Not even subtle about rippin of evangelion this time

Del Toro mentioned he wanted a Mexican jaeger, and looks like its finally here.

>that brown, short, fat jaeger

kek. looking forward to watching

I want to see the new cast

Which one is the jigga-boo piloting?

>Mexican Jeager bursts through wall
>Americans clap and cheer

This looks like lunch box art. Like something you would see in bootleg merchandise in a third world country.

Was Charlie returning?

I think scott eastwood is in this
also, rinko is returning

i want rinko on my dinko lol

I am actually angry that I am still going to see this despite no GDT, and child bearing hips man as the lead.

Hothead 'strayan rival was Asuka but better because fujo

john /ourguy/ boyega

Will Segura show in this one?

>>Mexican Jeager bursts through wall
The wall just got 10 stories higher.

Why is Master Chef a robot?

>"We want the Transformers audience."

Remember when the Jaeger designs were at least somewhat creative?

This. The new ones are way too defined as opposed to the old ones who were clunky and boxy and rough. I mean look at that red one with the tiny waist. Looks like a guy in a costume rather that a giant robot.

what's wrong with it?

it's a shit movie for shit people and only normies think it is even remotely similar to evangelion

I actually finally like gypsy's look. Just wish the others were more unique

>dropping Del Taco's subtitle for a more generic subtitle

it's his self-insert

There's no way this is what it's going to be like. Immediately thought of Evangelion. This just can't be possible.
I love EVA but I'm saying it's a bad idea to reference it in any way just to be clear.

let me guess eva is the only mecha show that you have seen right?

Everybody except Charlie Hunnam is returning for the sequel

John Boyega is playing Pentercost's son

>the female lead was a straight up Reiclone

HOW WAS SHE A REI CLONE? HAVE YOU EVEN WATCHED EVA? ONE GIRL LACKED EMOTIONS AND THE OTHER WANTED REVENGE AND THE DICK

His acting was kinda awkward but Jax was a comfy lead.

WEHY TOYOU KEEP POOSTING ON THIS BOARD YOU HAVE YOUR OWN BOARD FOR THIS SHIT BAITING NANY LOVING TOFU EATING SEMEN SLURPING BUSLLHTI

>ITT everyone types in caps and pretends like the problem is self explanatory to fit in

Neither resembles Transformers in any fucking way whatsoever, unless you mean the actual Transformer designs. Which are very japanese styled, just like these new designs seem to be.

you sound mad

Plamo when?

No, I mean I'm pretty normie about mech stuff so I've only seen a couple of the gundam series back in the day. I don't even know what they're like now. I don't know if a guy like you would call Big O a mech thing but I did that whole thing.

Is this confirmed official art?

Mechs with skinny waists is lifted straight from Evangelion.

No

we just got the max factory ones from the first movie, if they don't catch up, expect 2020

Eva "mechs" are built like track runners
These ones are generic modern designs

heh

Wait they had LCL in the first one or is this new? It's been way too long since I've seen the first one.

you know you don't have to get a guy in a suit to do the special effects anymore, right
you can be a little bit more creative

The first scene from Pacific Rim showed yellow liquid filling their helmets. It was never explained and it didn't show up for the rest of the movie.

Liquid breathing's been a scifi staple since The Forever War

>first film unduly accused of ripping off Eva
>"Well, we'll make sure it's obvious this time!"

I hate this fucking thing. It doesn't look even remotely like it's made up of other robots, which is the entire god damn point

The Abyss did that too

This will have less than 5 minutes of screen time.

What am I supposed to dislike about this, exactly?

A terrible movie is getting a sequel

....is that really a boy??

It wasn't filing it was emptying. From the visor into the suit. It was some sort of electrical thing.

>implying I give a fuck about Fifty Shades Darker
user, please

It's not filling their helmets, it's some sort of visor lowering.

Why is it wearing snow shoes

>M-muh anime
Nobody cares faggot

to protect its toes

>implying mexicans ahve the money for Jaegers after funding trumps wall

>guy in a costume
>bad thing

This is clearly a homage to super sentai/power rangers

>It looks bad on purpose, so it's good

So they can serve food faster

>Legendary Entertainment
>Chink-owned

no wonder it looks so cheap
it's probably nothing more than a money-laundering vehicle

Baymax Evangelion?
neat

>We were Eva last movie, the female lead was a straight up Reiclone and the Hong Kong battle was full of references (Boat sword).
You either never watched Eva or Pacific Rim. Del Taco never even watched Eva.

>mfw the wall kept all the monsters in America

BUT THEY WERE GIANT ROBOTS
JUST LIKE EVANGELION!
HURR DURR

>people don't realize that anime has been ripping off Evangleion for decades so now Evangelion's style is just generic anime tropes at this point

Yes. A cute boy.

>no Jaeger/Kaiju hybrid where Kaiju try to hack the drifters

Looks sick. The more anime Pacific Rim gets the better.

and it's not like Eva was the most original thing ever itself

>smash hit

It made twice its budget which means it simply broke even. The profit they made, if any, was with DVDs and toys.

Eva was made to be edgy Ultraman

So sick of Hollywood ripping off Eva.

user... i mean just look at it. it looks like a shitty ad for a saturday morning cartoon. i know pacific rim is a fun goofy film but they could have at least tried to make that look less childish

>L O S T

This. How does Anno dares to take inspiration from other works from his childhood to make an original work! HACK

The point that user is raising is you Eva plebs need to stop acting like Eva was a totally original work of genius that Pacific Rim is ripping off. Mech anime has been around forever.

Bravo, Anno

ZOMG TEH GAY

I never said that you monkey nigger piece of shit

he was talking to elementary school kids, obviously this wasnt the actual reason

And that user never said Anno is a hack. I guess you're a monkey nigger piece of shit too.

>older models are blocky and good looking, each representing it's country in a way
>new models have spikey bits because spikes are cool all look near the same because we're too lazy to draw some new designs

Never mind kaiju blood being poisonous anyway

It was 100% original do nut steal.
It's not like Anno was a hackout to make money off anime merch or anything.

Clearly he wanted to keep any serious or disturbing answers away from the kiddies.

que clase de secuela quieres, Memito?

-bien tirada a la verga, fám

no se diga más!