APPLE TO BLOCK IPHONES FROM RECORDING CONCERTS

yahoo.com/music/apple-working-block-iphones-taking-204148278.html

>Apple was recently granted permission for a patent that would block iPhones from taking pictures or video during a concert.

>The technology being patented is described as a “camera detecting infrared signal.” Concert venues would be able to turn on a specific signal that would interrupt and block iPhone cameras from being able to record any concert footage.

>As a result, iPhone users located in areas with this restricting signal would have no choice but to put their phones away.

>"OY VEY GOY! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO FILM THIS! QUICK DISABLE THE CAMERAS! ITS A NOTTA SHOA!"

When will cops have this on their cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/patents/US8246454
youtube.com/watch?v=DW-d_83m3Ro
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No more live updates when France is attacked again then.

1984 not far around the corner now.

Who even owns an apple?

>I have more money than brains and spreading my personal information is a signal of my status

>France
>Almost 10% Muslim population last I checked
Like anyone gives a shit if France gets attacked again.

Its almost like they want to lose their user base.

>Jailbreak iphone
>Can film concerts again

This shit isn't hard people.

>"OY VEY GOY! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO FILM THIS! QUICK DISABLE THE CAMERAS! ITS A NOTTA SHOA!"

What the fuck are you talking about you retard. Lots of bands / comedians etc. don't want their performances being recorded, how is this jewish related

>i was going to see that band live but wait somebody uploaded a cellphone recording of it nevermind

Ya this wont backfire at all

>sorry but you clicked agree

How long until we get IR light in the street to prevent recording shit?
It'll make us safer goys, don't you worry

>Police start using the same technology
>Suddenly people can't film riots and police bashing deluded lefties and post edited versions of their recordings online
>Media and Leftards get buttmad because of "muh censorship"

Just letting it out there guys

I actually support this, too many people whip out their phones in concerts. no one cares about your shaky, bad audio portrait mode video.

Good.

I fucking hate looking for a song and finding some fucked up phone recording, like that shiteating quality is worth looking at.

You go to a concert to lisen to live music faggot - not to show other people that you have been to a concert. This is a GOOD thing.

This has nothing to do with copyrights.

Companies patent things all the time. It's better to have something and not use it than need it and can't.

Mote ppl buy the android powerd brands.

Fuck apple

it isn't for youtube it is for themselves

you know for memories

don't you have that in the land down under?

>people use other phones or go back to bringing small cameras with them

And then Apple lost money, they're just assmad that their Ipod money is being lost

Back to 240p .3gp videos at a stunning 12 frames per second

This patent reminded me of Sony ones.

No, it's for facebook to inflate their ego and narcissism.

They won't. No one uses iOS devices outside of american.

well unless the law changes, i cant imagine the police will.

as for apple, are they really doing this? seems like they are prepared to shoot them selves in the foot, its the whole xbox one DRM fiasco all over again.

they really want their competitors to catch up

this.
Although it is funny seeing the phones flying out of their hands when other people around them start cheering.

DRINK VERIFICATION CAN

companies ave the full freedom to do whatever they please with their product
trump wouldve support this

BWAAAHAHAHAHAAAAHAAHAAHAA@ all applefaggots

this is what happens when you give money to a fascist kike corporation by buying their products.

They will only keep putting restrictions on the device.

suck on a foreskinless cock :^)

if you use an iphone you literally deserve to get beaten to death by the police
i wholeheartedly support this measure

>implying this is for shows and not political actions

I have a 5s that I got for free, I just use a prepaid sim card

upvoted. liked.

and since you're an aussie. i put my flim flam in yer moms flop hole.

in all serious though you are right.

now where will I find my shitty audio & shaky filmed blurs of music?

thats exactly the kind of shit why i dont own apple products, and because im a poorfag atm tbqh.

>When will cops have this on their cars?

Never, because unlike in Germany the VAST majority of states allow people to take pictures and film in the public space.. Filming the police is perfectly legal in the US and most of Europe.

What is a jailbreak tweak?

This is going to be terrifying, though, when the government starts using it to suppress the spread of information.

That's what you get for buying Apple
Samsung masterrace

Pfft concerts, right. Next thing you know they will use it for information suppresion. Want to record proof? No can't do sorry, you're not allowed.

>Get a hold of the signal
>Use it at your next civil uprising
>People think the government is blocking people from recording
>???
>Profit!

checked and kek'd

good. people will actually have to enjoy the concert theyve gone to see rather than making sure it gets them a few likes on social media

this gives people the possibility to block the recording of anything they dont want to be recorded.
not long until you will be able to wear a piece of cloth (hat?) that transmits a signal that block people from taking pictures of you.

Blocking the filming is not illegal as well.

Literally nobody goes to concerts to not enjoy them but to instead record them and post their videos on social media.

Except you fucking bongs I guess? You're pretty retarded over there.

Police beats you up for political reasons and you won't be able to prove it.

this cant be real, please tell me this is a hoax

Same

>Lots of bands / comedians etc. don't want their performances being recorded

My mom just got a 6s after using a flip phone for years. I'm legitimately worried.

It actually is I think..Jamming transmissions and sending transmissions to jam other people's radio/TV/WiFi are all against the law, so I don't think sending signals to jam cameras will be legal unless the authorities get some kind of exeption, which seems unlikely.

Man, if you need this shit to remember concerts you've been to, it's time to cut back on the pot.

It's real.
google.com/patents/US8246454

apple only patents things before implementation if they don't intend on using it

they have hundreds of random patents

Every single teenager who cares more about looking cool than a good device. Black people as well.

Doesn't matter
Why would you watch something shaky anyway

We're in EU, I can't expect the globalists not to pull off something like that.

This is only the beginning.

>pay absurd amount for a ticket
>"OI VEY YOU CAN ONLY BUY VIDEOS AND PICTURES OF SARAH SHEKELBERG THROUGH HER MPAA-APPROVED STOREFRONT"

just don't go to the performing jew then. if they can't sell tickets they got broke

How do you play counter strike on an iphone?

We are only allowed cameras that take 5 photos, but no continuous shots

This
All my shit is jailbroken

youtube.com/watch?v=DW-d_83m3Ro

the complete opposite actually. bongs are known to go nuts at festivals, american shows are full of superficial girls holding up their phones for the whole time.

How likely is it that this also includes the ability to arrest/fine people carrying now-illegal content?

Fucking wew.

>Apple
>not even once

Japan does.

iPhones are the ticket for the black cock carousel. What does her hair look like?

fuck

So what's to stop me from buying a 5 dollar self-stick IR blocking film and sticking it over my camera?

>buying anything made by applel

This is your first mistake.

>>As a result, iPhone users located in areas with this restricting signal would have no choice but to put their phones away.

>As a result, iPhone users located in areas with this restricting signal would have no choice but to rejoice that they ditched Apple products altogether to get away from this horseshit..

>apple does this
>people buy android instead
great idea!

Underrated as shit.

Apple actually gives a shit about people's privacy
That's why they wouldn't hack the San Bernadino shooters phone for them

Say whatever you want.
This shit is spooky as fuck.

japan is america jr

>Um, my fellow, uh.. Americans.
>Let me be clear, if, uh
>If, if if- uh
>IR blocking film um, if-
>Right wing extremists, uh
>They didn't build that
>Don't get it twisted
>Uh, we have to prevent due process
>For uh, people that disobey

Fun thing that this was just a media thing. Apple has done it before for the FBI.

It will soon be used as a way to make sure we don't record the police abusing their power. Once they can get away with killing whites they'll be coming after us

I understand the spooky implications of this being used to suppress people politically

however, just taking it at face value, it's neato because one of the worst fucking side-effects of smartphones is everyone fucking holding them up to record shitty shitty videos of the band

and the technology will be used
on every police man
at every raid
near every refugee center

who an help me make a longer list?

>back to 240p .3gp videos
Why? You could always use an Android phone, and if it has the disabled bullshit, hack the fuck out of it.

>This shit is spooky as fuck.

>Camera permanently on and watching for a certain signal.

>Once signal is detected, your phone is remotely disabled by someone you don't know.

This is a good thing. Fuck apple.

max kek

I guarantee if it was some whitey school shooter they would do it in a heartbeat

You really believe that a SMARTPHONE company cares about the little privacy anyone has anymore?

The whole thing with the shooters is infinitely more likely to be a publicity stunt to at least pretend like people are safe with Apple.

The phone was cracked anyway and nobody's saying how they did it.

They could have very easily just hired whoever from Apple was willing to do it and said nothing.

You are incredibly daft if you believe any company that collects any type of data legitimately cares about how fucking private any of it is.

>t. person who uses your shopping data to decide whether or not your city is worthy of a fucking Fabletics advertisement.

Short and blonde. My mom hates niggers, although she'd never admit it to me. I can tell though.

The Libertarian Paradox

This is an invasion of privacy and a step towards authoritarian police statism

OR

This completely reasonable because It's their phone and they can "do what they want with it"

>find out how this operates
>make hats with the IR LEDs embedded with the correct flashing order
Normie's can't film you

>Make license plate frames with IR LEDs
Idiots cant record your car

>Put them around your property and neighborhood
Ruins people recording their kids in the streets, forcing them indoors

I'm somewhat OK with this

It's something that should be legal, but shunned by society and boycotted

Paradox? Fuck no.
It's my fucking phone I paid for it, I can use it where and whenever I want.

The statist paradox

Realizing this exists already with a strong state

OR

Being afraid of a hypothetical

as a customer this is really the argument why i should buy apple products, because they really know what is the best for me.

t. liberal hipster from california

I use a Galaxy Note. Fuck Apple

When my cousins mom died they wanted to get her iPhone reset so they could use it, I saw what a pain in the ass it was for them
Had to send in a copy of the death certificate and shit..

>jews can now remotely turn off your phones recording function

certainly this will never be abused in any way