HALLOWEEN DIRECTOR HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED

IT'S HAPPENING! THIS WAS JUST POSTED ON JOHN CARPENTER'S FACEBOOK:

>So you say you want a Revolution?
>You want to shake things up and bring back Halloween and make it rock again?

>Well so do I.

>So here’s the announcement you’ve all been waiting for:

>David Gordon Green and Danny McBride are joining the project to complete the creative team. David and Danny will write the script together and David will direct. I will continue in my executive producer role to consult and offer my advice and feedback as needed.

>David and Danny both came to my office recently with Jason Blum and shared their vision for the new movie and…WOW. They get it. I think you’re gonna dig it. They blew me away.

>I might even do the music. Maybe. It could be kind of cool.

>And you’ll get to see it in theaters on October 19th, 2018.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7nyyurFTBpI
youtube.com/watch?v=u26u0mMxqt0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

mite be cool

Because the last Halloween remake was a smashing hit

Zombie Halloween was absolute kino. This is going to pander to the nostalgia crowd and be far shittier.

This is a remake of the superior Halloween 3 though.

>halloween: eastbound and down

>two guys known for comedy kinos are making horror films

hmm

They haven't said if it's gonna be a remake or a reboot or a sequel. I would guess it's gonna be a sequel to the original film. I don't think they would be dumb enough to attempt another remake and most of the old sequels suck.

Zombie Halloween was Friday the 13th where Jason dressed like Michael Meyers.

>muh mommy
Brad Douriff saved the second one.

pls be true, season of the witch is pure kino

The Zombie remake was fucking terrible. I don't even like David Gordon Green that much but I have no doubt he'll deliver a movie that's better than Rombie's remake.

Eastbound & Haddonfield

>Brad Douriff
Different user here, Brad and Malcolm McDowell were the only good things about Halloween II. Every other character was insufferable.

>Every other character was insufferable.
Not a criticism. Cinema isn't there to please you.

theres gonna be a twenty+ year gap where no original creations came out, wow

The Halloween series will never surpass this moment

youtube.com/watch?v=7nyyurFTBpI

They should make a mask for Michael Myers based off of Danny McBride's face

Please, no more remakes, threemakes, sequels, premakes, prequels, Nyquils.

I'm tired of it all.

>not posting the full scene with the kung fu fight

youtube.com/watch?v=u26u0mMxqt0

BUSTA BUST

>Danny McBride
excuse me?

I just want Carpenter involved in movies again.

>>David Gordon Green and Danny McBride are joining the project to complete the creative team.
This could be horror kino, brothers.

This is almost as strange as the Shane Black Predator pitch

Is this why he vehemently denied previously naming the jew a couple weeks back?

Holy shit 12/10

Also this

Pitch? That movie is in production

It's so fucking bizarre sounding though

I feel like that's that's a good thing. What if it were just a remake? Nobody would care

shane should stick to his shitty genre tropes instead of injecting them into established franchises

Sounds like shit. Rob Zombie already butchered it and now they're giving it to comedy directors to make another pointless remake? Fuck Carpenter, he's just happy he's getting money for it.

people actually believe this

Doesn't Danny McBride and this guy write all the Underworld movies? Or some of them? I think they might have even created it.

>Making ANOTHER Halloween remake instead of the third ESCAPE FROM movie

ffs Carpenter

>tfw you will never see a Snake Plisken vs Michael Myers movie.

>comedy directors

It's a Sup Forumskids haven't seen All the Real Girls and George Washington episode

>I've only seen Gordon Green's comedies

>>David Gordon Green and Danny McBride
I don't know what to think or say.

bump

Fuck you, there wasn't anything artistic about Rob Zombie's Halloween movies. There was no atmosphere or suspense, the kills weren't shocking or creative and the characters were infuriating. Name one good thing about those abortions.

This is so incredibly bizarre and unexpected that I'm kinda hyped. Blumhouse and Carpenter could've gotten an Adam Wingard type horror director but instead they got a guy that has only done indie dramas and stoner comedies so they must've been blown away by his ideas. This doesn't feel like a cynical cash grab decision.

No, you're confusing them with some other people. Danny McBride is a comedy writer/actor, David Gordon Green is a drama/comedy director who has never worked on a horror film before.

Shane Black is great though. He's the God of buddy cop movies.

A god of shit is still a god of shit

I still can't believe I watched that movie.

>implying Lethal Weapon, Lethal Weapon 2, The Nice Guys, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and 48 Hrs. (Shane didn't write or direct it but it's a great buddy cop movie) are shit
Say that to my face, motherfucker.

haddonfield and down

I can't so I'll say it here.

They're all shit. His kid characters are also Lucas-tier bad.

Zombie 1 was passable, the 2nd one is probably the worst mainstream film i've ever seen though

Yeah, 2 is nearly unwatchable. I have no idea how anyone can defend it. The "artsy" scenes feel like a high school stoner trying to be deep.

pleb filter activated.

zombies H2 was the 2nd best film in the entire saga.

How about that dialogue? i don't think i've ever heard so much vulgarity with so little substance. plus what they did to basically every character was an abomination.

liar

>ffs, just let it die
Does he have any reason to shill this other he's getting paid for it?

probably not

>modern horror remake
JUST

>pleb filter
I'll bite, tell me how Rob Zombie's Halloween II is a good film. But first I'll remind you that:
>the "slasher villain deeply loves his mother and kills for her" shit is ripped off from Friday the 13th
>the white horse scenes are heavy handed and laughable
>Brad Douriff is the only likeable character
>Brad Douriff and Malcolm McDowell are the only interesting characters
>Rob Zombie's version of Laurie Strodes is one of the most irritating slasher protagonists in the history of horror cinema. She spends most of the movie lashing out at everyone around her
>90% of the dialogue is "fuck"
>almost every minor character is a redneck cliche
>the gore is tiresome, Zombie never does anything creative or shocking with it

This guy is going to be co-writing the new Halloween movie.
This movie is fucked.

I have faith because there were a bunch of great horror directors pitching ideas to Blumhouse so whatever David Gordon Green and Danny McBride had must've been incredible. At least this guarantees we won't get something cliche.

I'd rather have more Friday the 13th movies desu. Wasn't there suppose to be another reboot movie coming out or no?

We were supposed to get a Friday the 13th reboot this year but Paramount cancelled it a few days ago because Rings flopped.

>Rings
>6% on RT

Damn. I just want a good Friday reboot in my lifetime senpai.

It's a truly awful film. The dialogue was vapid and annoying even by slasher movie standards. It's like Rob wanted to make every character, except for Brad Douriff, as unlikable as possible.

Whats the point, just watch the old ones. There is like 11 of them.

If Kurt Russell is Dr. Loomis that would be awesome.

A slightly grizzled Dr. Loomis could be pretty cool.

>remake
Hold off on the JUSTs, user. They haven't specified what it is. It'll probably be a remake to the original film.

>a remake to the original film
God fucking damn it, I meant to say SEQUEL to the original film.

mite b gudd

I will remain dubious

Is this the dawn of horrorkino?

At least Shane Black was involved in the first Predator. Yes, he was officially only an actor in that movie, but it's basically been confirmed that he rewrote a lot of the movie during production (which may have been why he was hired in the first place), so theoretically he should know how to make it work.

At least Zombie's remake explained Michael, also childhood Michael was pretty cool.

Carpenter is so fucking lazy when it comes to villains.
>HE'S JUST PURE EVIL, DUDE!

>danny mcbride

Is he the new flava flave?

I forgot that this happened

>At least Zombie's remake explained Michael
Wow, you completely missed the point of Michael Myers. He's supposed to be a blank slate of pure evil, he isn't supposed to have an explanation. What makes him scary is he's an animalistic monster who can't be reasoned with. Also, "HE'S JUST PURE EVIL, DUDE!" is far better than "HE'S A WHITE TRASH CLICHE, DUDE!"
>also childhood Michael was pretty cool.
Your opinions are almost as terrible as the opinions of the user who thinks Rob Zombie's Halloween II is a genius work of art. Childhood Michael was an irritating brat who had mommy issues.

Nigga he's right there.
Fuck no, I'd be mikey snacks.

>He's supposed to be a blank slate of pure evil, he isn't supposed to have an explanation.
So... Carpenter's typical bad writing? It is because it is, no reason, it is just evil? That's generic, bad writing and boring.

>Childhood Michael was an irritating brat who had mommy issues.
I meant that Michael's childhood was a cool part of the movie.

This has GOAT potential.

I'm a cartwheel upstairs and karate chop this nigga in the head

How are people excited for this? Danny fucking Mcbride? What the fuck?

It isn't bad writing, you autist. Not all movie antagonists need to have complex backstories. Halloween is a suspense movie, you're supposed to be on the edge of your seat while watching it because a monster that can't be reasoned with is stalking a likeable protagonist. Michael doesn't need a backstory for the same reasons the shark in Jaws doesn't need a backstory. You want to know what generic, bad writing is? Generic, bad writing is giving Michael Myers a completely unnecessary backstory that turns him into a white trash mommy's boy cliche.

What?

I'm cautiously optimistic since this is so incredibly odd and unexpected. There's no way Blumhouse thought "you know who we should get to make Halloween great again? The guys who made Your Highness!" so McBride and Green must've really knocked their socks off. Plus Carpenter is involved and might do the score.

$700,000,000?

how the fuck would i even carry that much money. that's like a truck full of cash.

Ask Michael to carry it for you?

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

But he would ignore the money and stab me to death.

I could take him.

Everyone's got a price, user.

Did you just say Danny McFuckingbride?