Oh it's on Netflix now I guess...

Oh it's on Netflix now I guess. Should I bother watching Captain America Civil War if I am not super invested in their universe? I haven't watched a Marvel movie since GOTG (which was good). Do they gloss over the dark potential?

The more I think about it, the more I hate it. It just doesn't work on some fundamental levels.

That said, I remember thinking it was pretty good when I first saw it. Not as good as Guardians or Winter Soldier, but still interesting.

Watch all the movie but skip the airport scene. It adds nothing to the story and is just in there for action.

I did like the first and 3rd act even though the movie could have been made better.

>Netflix

>That said, I remember thinking it was pretty good when I first saw it.
This. I even came on Sup Forums and stated that I thought it was decent. But as time has gone by, I haven't ever felt like rewatching it.

I may rewatch the Black Panther and RDJ, Spiderman bits.

>he watches capeshit for the plot

topkek

I do. Nolan's TDK is amazing because of the plot

It's a pretty decent flick and I don't recall the last generic action movie that had the substance to spark sincere argument. You'll meet people that sincerely believe either Cap or Iron Man were in the right, regardless of how superficial and low overhead the debate itself was. Did that shit happen with BvS? Nope.

>plot is so focused on the events of Avengers 2 that it barely develops its own
>the central tension is barely characterized and feels shallow
>horrible cgi (the airport scene looks like SyFy)
>lame villain, stupid plot twist
>cliffhanger ending
>zero rewatchability
MCU is just another way of saying endless sequels

>Civil WAR
>Nobody dies

BRAVO Marvel

They went it to the shallow end of dark for a couple minutes, then came out to dry off (airport scene) the just their legs in the dark waters for the rest of the movie..such wasted potential..

That being said, 8/10

Do you honest to god let anonymous people determine what you watch? Like, you're sitting there browsing netflix and think
>woah a new movie!
>gonna make a post about this ASAP
>"hey guys should I watch this movie?"

So therefor according to you a first time viewer should skip it instead of forming their own view on it

No, because it's capeshit. There are so many amazing movies to choose from and you choose some childish generic superhero meme flick?

What?

To millions of fatherless minority children. Having Iron Man and Captain America fight it out so brutally was probably traumatic.

I never seen my dad get his ass kicked, but I seen him punked out and it stuck with me.

The film works great until Spiderman ruins the tone of the film. It's engaging and thoughtful until Spidey is shoehorned into Cap's movie.

Steve, Tony, T'challa, Wanda, Vision, and Sam are the anchors of the film.

The strongest aspect of the movie is that it does not go the cheap deaths route.

It's about a family breaking up.

You should cancel your Netflix account in support of the struggle for white liberation

It has the most repetitive and dull action beats in a blockbuster movie ever. And the cgi was bad.

The bad CGI was caused by them having to shoehorn in Spiderman halfway through production.