This show is still so good

This show is still so good

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/JarettSays/status/756579482878615552
inquisitr.com/3104667/the-100-eliza-taylor-on-darker-season-3-finale-returning-characters-and-alternate-ending-spoilers/
twitter.com/kimshum/status/756579603154468864?lang=en
i.imgur.com/9k3x2EM.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no lexa no watch

Why do people care about Lexa? I was glad when she died

> The CW
> good

I understand why youd say that but this show is pretty entertaining

I want to punch you fags in the mouth

Echo -> Lexa

Echo is hot as fuck

this show is fucking awful i legit hate it, but i have to watch it, i don't understand

This, I could not make it through the first 3 episodes, too much petty teen drama BS and no interesting story developments. Does it really get better or will this turn to shit like L O S T

I got a feeling they are going to have Octavia kill and replace her.

Hope im wrong

>I got a feeling they are going to have Octavia kill and replace her.

I think shes gonna betray Rowan at some point but redeem herself somehow through Bellamy in the end

>Does it really get better or will this turn to shit like L O S T

The quality improves at a rapid pace, each season better than the last so far

Season 2 was good, the rest are mediocre to bad.

Same

>Echo and Bellamy get together
>Octavia kills Echo and takes her place in every sense
PLS

i could only endure 2 episodes. It's for teenagers. Fuck you

Pretty much unusual for the cw.

First are worst, I'm not gonna lie to you and say it gets a whole lot better later on, but by season 2 it's good

You're fucking disgusting, go fuck your sister somewhere else.

>still this salty about clexa being shipwrecked
Lmao neck yourself faggot

Did this show go on past the destruction of the AI?

I watched it up to that finale - it seemed like the ultimate possible conclusion point. The AI was just such an extreme threat, such that I believed that any conflict beyond it would seem weak. Am I right in assuming that the current stuff has to do with the melting down reactors all over the world that were mentioned?

>implying you're not the OG salty clexafag

Well we're only one episode in, here, but the reactors are shaping up to be a considerable threat. More so than Alie was, in some ways.

>phoneposting
OUT OUT OUT

How are reactors a threat when the goal is for everyone to blow up and die?

Because they melt down is unavoidable, or so Raven says

That's good, then the whole cast will die and this atrocity of a show can finally end. And Clarke can be with Lexa.

Never mind, Monty just used his chink superbrain to find a solution. GG reactors

They're too scared to kill off any of the core cast members so season three really sucked.

Jasper should have died like immediately. His whole redemption arc never even lifted off the ground, and then it shot itself with him taking the pill and still being a faggot.

Jasper is the worst character in the show. Someone need to kill him fast.

>Lexa
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Clarke is objectively the best girl
literally every other girl is a backstabbing whore

There was no big Clarke massacre, thats what sucked.

It got weird near the end of season 3.

Isn't this show for hardcore feminist and SJWs? The white males are evil and get killed or baby bitches like jasper. All the cool leaders are female aswell.

That's not really true. In the last season, Kane was one of the major heroes just for lasting as long as he did while everything went to shit. And if you count Bellamy as white enough to be white, he's done a whole lot of good (as well as some bad, admittedly, but nobody's hands are clean).

that tumblr meltdown was awesome even though clexa was the best fucking thing.

rip lexa

No based Murphy no watch

bellamy is shit though

He was literally supposed to blow his head off at the end of the season 3 finale, but they used an alternate take instead. Should have eaten the bullet

reminder that lexafags are cancer

Clarke of the Titcru

the story goes that the showrunners were making the show in a way they THOUGHT the network wanted. after the first couple episodes did so poorly the network came back and told them to go nuts and it quickly became one of the best sci-fi shows on television.

the general perception of the CW as a network allows them to do some stuff you wouldn't really see elsewhere.

>one of the best sci-fi shows on television

Best part of the season 3 finale was definitely the re-appearance of Season 1 Clarke tits

Proof/other take? I wanna *see* him die.

how is riverdale?

not like it has a whole lot of competition. S2 was excellent and it's settled into a pretty good spot. this is probably it's last season though

>100

I watched the first season, and it didn't even scratch the surface of interesting until they executed half of the people in space to save oxygen and that brown-haired chick started waltzing around in her underwear for more and more poorly defined reasons.

By the second season, when they found those folks in that bunker-shelter-thing, it felt like a very different show though. One that sadly felt far less interesting than the first season. Not to mention the heroines suddenly felt a way stronger need to remain dressed.

Did it ever turn good again? Is (at least the first part of) the second season worth enduring?

Please enlighten us as to what you think is a good/interesting recent sci-fi show

Clarke gets sexualized a lot later on, if that's all you're interested in.

None of them. The last one I liked was BSG and that's quite a few years old now.

I'm just saying that 100 was good waifu-bait, but not much more.

It's not all I'm interested in (though I'm not going to lie, that does help).

I just felt that the show didn't really dare touch on the actual interesting moral questions that come with surviving in space and the sacrifices that come with it.

It felt like the show had a great opportunity to show rational adults making questionable decisions for the species and themselves while portraying the younger, less rational teens as anarchists who surprisingly enough find themselves doing a lot better in their situation.

Instead the series essentially ended (at least for me) when the adults landed.

I'm looking in to it, but the best I can find is a tweet from a Buzzfeed entertainment reporter who live tweeting the San Diego Comic Con panel, The showrunner said that Jasper was planned to die at the end, but they changed their minds and have never released the footage. I remember in the week up to the finale that the actor was getting increasingly pissed off at the shenanigans that "fans" were pulling off, and did not appear to know about what ending was used.
twitter.com/JarettSays/status/756579482878615552

There was also an interview with Eliza Taylor that confirmed that there was a second ending planned for the season, but there is no confirmation that she was referring to Jasper's suicide until Comic Con
inquisitr.com/3104667/the-100-eliza-taylor-on-darker-season-3-finale-returning-characters-and-alternate-ending-spoilers/

>It felt like the show had a great opportunity to show rational adults making questionable decisions for the species and themselves while portraying the younger, less rational teens as anarchists who surprisingly enough find themselves doing a lot better in their situation.
Those sorts of things kinda play into s2 - I'd say an average amount, and play heavily into s3. It won't necessarily pan out how you might want it to, but the show does address these things. The only change from what you've said is that, instead of working on 'survival of the species', they work on survival of the 'sky people'/advanced tribe. They see themselves as the center of the new world, as nobody else has the tech to reliably survive it, and some of the other tribes have taken on "savage" world views. For themselves to die and the savages to survive is for the 'species' to not survive, in a sense. This translates into kill-or-be-killed, harsh judgments, extreme monarchical positions, etc.

>second ending planned for the season
Hm. I wouldn't imagine Jasper's death being big enough for it to be the actual *ending* of the season. Perhaps there was an insane alt cut where Clarke gave in to ALIE? That would fit the purported "oh fuck" and "things get darker" statements that Taylor gave.

It went a bit bonkers.

Super AI (evil), mind/rapecontrol and a endless wave of succession issues both in the grounders and survivors camps. The mountain season was okay, but the escalation in S3/4 feels too far.

The savages are just mindless idiots vying for control, it's just tedious.

I would not be shocked to learn in the far future that there was a "we are getting cancelled" ending shot that they did not use. This seems to be one of the least well managed shows on TV (in that their behind the scenes drama leaks out a lot), so I wouldn't be surprised to learn if the actors had no idea how the season was actually going to end

I completely missed that one of the main writers also confirmed via twitter that Jasper was supposed to die.
twitter.com/kimshum/status/756579603154468864?lang=en

Escalation is definitely the biggest problem with the show, with way, way too much casual genocide going on

>their behind the scenes drama leaks out a lot
Any good examples? I'm curious.

>one of the main writers also confirmed ...
Then, I'm sure the alternate ending must be extant somewhere. I can only hope that it will show up within the next few years.

If based Murphy isn't in an episode, you know it's bound to be shit.

How haven't they learned this yet.

Man, I don't have legit sources on me, but there has been some candid, then deleted messages from some of the cast members. The woman who plays Raven apparently had a rough time in season 1 because they benched her after her initial arc, but wouldn't let her leave Vancouver because they had not decided on making her a regular or killing her off. Raven as a whole was not supposed to exist, and it was supposed to be a parent in that pod going to Earth. She had to live in a hotel during shooting, waiting for the call to go back to the set. I'm not familiar with how most productions are, so this might have been normal.
The other big thing was the breakdown in relationship between the guy who played Lincoln and the producers. He publicly complained about his lack of screen time and plot related details in season 3, and claimed that Octavia's horse had more screen time than he did despite being a regular cast member. He also spoiled some stuff about the season 3 premiere when periscoping it, by commenting on stuff early on in the episode. Someone did a count of character lines last year, and even though Lincoln doesn't really talk that much, he only had ~95 lines in season 3.

>they benched her after her initial arc, but wouldn't let her leave Vancouver because they had not decided on making her a regular or killing her off ... had to live in a hotel during shooting, waiting for the call to go back to the set
That is complete bullshit, holy fuck. I'm pretty sure they didn't even do that shit 30 years ago. If they were writing so on-the-fly that they didn't even have the first season's characters sketched out, that's hideously unprofessional. How the hell did/do the others manage? I'm sure that their lines must have been/be rewritten every couple of hours around that sort of crap.

I can't say much about Lincoln's situation, as I don't know much about the actor - if he started shit with the producers, fair enough. If they just wanted to cut down on him for no discernible reason, that's also pretty bullshit. Though, that does make me think: Kane had a *lot* of undue focus in season 3. Was that time, perhaps, initially allotted to Lincoln; before the producer spat(s)?

The Lincoln situation is pretty much complete rumours and hearsay, and the actor has been unprofessional about it. I think his story is that he stopped getting messages from JRoth (the showrunner), and started looking for more work because he apparently was able to take 6 weeks off during filming because he had nothing to do. I think his story is that he asked to be killed off earlier that expected, in a heroic fashion, because he got permission from CW higher-ups to jump ship. The pacing certainly is weird, being killed off abruptly right after Lexa. The actor has been pretty unprofessional about the break-up with the show, and I can't take his word perfectly.

Apparently in season 1, Based Murphy and Jasper also had episode-to-episode contracts like Raven did.

Remember that engineer guy who was connected to Raven? He was apparently fired between seasons for weird racist stuff that he said on his twitter. That looks like a parody twitter account, but it was being followed by the other cast members. I can't tell if he was being ironic or not
i.imgur.com/9k3x2EM.png

>he apparently was able to take 6 weeks off during filming because he had nothing to do
That's a pretty big deal; I think I can understand if he was unprofessional about it. If he even had the blessings of the CW, that sounds like they were aware of the problem(s) with the showrunner.

>engineer guy ... fired between seasons for weird racist stuff that he said on his twitter
That's pretty kek. The top two on that picture seem fairly satirical/ironic, but the rest don't.

the first three episodes are the worst in the entire series. It improves massively starting in ep 4

TITS

it's literately girls ruin everything including the world: the show

Murphy is based though

So is it actually good or just some lesbian tumblr shite

both

tumblr hates it now because they kill lesbians

How can you lose the English language, culture, education and history in 100 years?
Should be 1000 years instead of 100.

They didn't even lose the English language. All the Grounders are fluent.

Then why use the other made up shit?

Ask the writers. You're not the first to bring this up.

Dropped it after the first couple episodes. Why the fuck would they send down those kids without any means of communication except for those life bands. Hell, a simple probe would have told them whether the air was breathable or not.

TITS

Whilst I enjoy how the series turned out during S1-2, writing on the fly like this is so shitty. Have a plan, don't string your actors along, they'll get shittier and more pissed, then the quality will drop even further.

Or a telescope to look at the ground. You know, during a cycle around the night, look down at any heat/light. Surely you've got the manufacturing facilities to build a rudimentary spy satellite and give it infrared capabilities. Either way they needed to land soon™, because air supply and all.

The bands worked fine. They needed to be sent down anyway because there were too many people on the arc.

Fuck man, I say this every thread, but season 2 was decent. 1 and 3 are almost entirely forgettable trash but season 2 made major strides to being a decent show

I'm disappointed to see season 4 is off to an even worse start than 3.

>All the Grounders are fluent.
They weren't in S1 - it was a plot point that only a few like Lincoln and Anya spoke English

Of course S1 isn't canon anymore so who knows

They should have kept it that way, but I guess it meant they could explore more about grounder civilization a lot easier.

Still extremely shit writing.

The City of Light and Allie was so underwhelming compared to Mount Weather

The first season take place in the middle of the woods. From there they move to towns and cities. Lincoln could have been from a little village of hicks.

Season 2 was so much better all because of Bellamy going operator.

The world they're building is super flimsy and rushed, imo. They go from dwelling in the woods afraid of tribal grounders to interacting with grounder politics in a grand scale.

The grounders in season 1 are painted as almost noble, tribal warrior types. In season 2 they have this connected network of clans that all meet up to discuss politics. In season 3, they suddenly have enforced law in the land. But only for one scene, it's never seen again.

They could have really done something with the grounder politics angle, too. Had they focused on it more and fleshed it out, the 100 could have been GoT-lite. But they're really keen on this teen drama.

I cringed at the line "the youth have inhabited the earth" line in the new episode. like it's been four fucking seasons now, is that still a theme you're going to press hard?

the first episodes of the show are god awful and all the kids are being unlikeable little shits
shit goes down when they encounter the dangers of the world, and everything is 100x better because half the people are dead and the kids are now fighting for survival and getting murdered every episode

the meta of the show is fucking amazing too, the writers went up their ass in later episodes with SJW/ feminist bullshit, the show is just blatantly feminist now and not really as enjoyable as it once was

>"the youth have inhabited the earth"
That was cheesy, but they are still supposed to be 19. It's only been a year for them, right?

So this is Fallout Tv?

not even close

It's a little close. They are even tracking RADS now

When are they going to shoah the entire grounder population and be done with those sub human morons once and for all?

Pike was right and did nothing wrong.