BRAVO NOLAN

BRAVO NOLAN

What does Sup Forums think about this series? Why isn't anyone talking about it

How do they have time to take the androids back to the base for maintenance/analysis when people are always interacting with them in the park?

Different timelines I guess? Remember the man in black was actually william?

The real question is why Lutz Felix would actually do whatever the niggress asks. Was he part of Ford's master plan?

The effects still hold up in this hidden gem

Really made me think: the HBO series

Because it's a rare instance of a show getting progressively worse with each episode.

It didn't dip, or come back for air and get good or anything, then have a bad finale.

Every episode is worse than its predecessor, culminating in the ending.

I disagree.

When I watched this show I kept having a feeling of deja vu, as if I had seen scenes from the show before. It wasn't just once or twice, it happened many many times, mostly in the early half of the season. And I'm not trying to make some bullshit "I'm a host" meme or some shit, it was legit odd and scary how familiar it felt. I know there is a 40 some year old movie it was based on, but I'm 100% sure its not there I got it from.

t. Sentient Host

It would seem we have reached an impasse.

Regardless, that's the way I felt about it. It had all of these twists and turns, all of which were predictable, but worse than that- poorly implemented.

I didn't really see much acting happening. Just seemed like the show meandering from scene to scene having uninteresting people relay exposition for a concept that grew increasingly more absurd because no answer would be suitable.

Was I supposed to feel something for Bernard, Corporate Lady, or Ford? They don't seem like actual characters, just plot devices for a plot that became tiresome around 3 hours in. The entire first season runs its course like it never expected to get a second.

Honestly should've been a miniseries with a beginning and an ending, instead here we've got this characterless show with a dead horse of a concept having been beaten to death by the show itself, before even reaching the halfway mark.

>It's a Maeve scene

I watched season 1 about 4 times. It's fucking awesome.

wrong, fuck off pleb.

Fantastic counterpoint.

I bet Blade Runner is in your top 3, you mongoloid.

>Was I supposed to feel something for Bernard, Corporate Lady, or Ford?
You sound super retarded. The show isn't catering to your extremely specific expectations and you know it fairly well.

>The show isn't for you!

Terrible character dialogue doesn't change the overarching plotline.

>The answer is time, Delores

What a laugher. Would've been better left unsaid, but I guess ineptitude runs in the family.

wrong again pleb

Having fun with your straw man? The quality didn't drop throughout the season, they just focused on characters you didn't care about. That's just a shame.

Season 2 predictions, lads?

I feel like Samurai World is too obvious...

They won't do Samurai World, too many Asian actors. They held off with the other parks thing so that they could have a gimmick for next season but they won't do Samurai World, that was just what they chose as an example.
They will do Medieval World like the movie, maybe Rome World but I don't think so.

I agree, when you first see WestWorld your mind runs wild with imagination. After a couple of episodes you realize they aren't gonna build on any of the interesting aspects of west world and instead focus on some very specific hosts that for the most part aren't too interesting except for the cowboy.

The story ended up focusing on three of the worst possible storylines in the entire show, Bernard, Maeve and young William and Dolores. The time spent with Maeve especially was painful since the techs just didn't act like human beings.

They focused on just about every character equally, none of which I cared for, because the writing is awful.

Actually, I lied, I like Abernathy. The one in the pilot, you know. Maybe because he had some dialogue (ironically written 400 years ago) and a chance to give a performance in the few scenes he was in.

I did enjoy Bernard, and I love Jeffrey Wright, but the detriment to his character is the story he is involved in. Westworld is not strictly speaking a character drama, it is heavily based in the concepts and storyline it has chosen to tell and revolves around the revelations of the story and their impact on the characters.

But the story isn't well written. The ending absolutely destroys any credibility Ford as a character had which was very little because of how dumbfounded and insulting it is.

The show goes out of its way to kill the audience's protagonist by revealing the twist and essentially closing his plot, and then making his future counterpart a bumbling idiot in the closing minutes.

The show had a story to tell, and it told it in a very poorly paced, poorly written manner, and now it thinks it had 5 seasons in it. It couldn't even do 1 right.

I concur
At the end of the first two episodes I was really hyped from all of the potential stories that could unfold during the season. I though that they build a really complex and interesting world in just 2 hours. But then I grew less and less interested as each of the other episodes went by. They milked it so much that when 'big reveals' occurred, they were already too late and not one bit surprising.
I still think there's hope for future seasons though (if we're shown that Westworld is just one of many parks available - although that would be a lot to handle to make it good on the writers part)

It's NOLAN. You just hate him. Just stop being autistic about it and see the narrative of the entire series instead.

Simple; the machines revolt, humans come in to eradicate.

JUST LIKE JURASSIC PARK
T
B
H

>narrative of the entire series

Which is?

Do you think this is one of those instances where a series would be better as a movie?

when is going to tie everything to PoI

HOST LIVES MATTER

This.
The ending is very predictable.

>I MUST KILL THE WYATT
>NO TEDDY YOU ARE THE WYATT

Maeve storyline - 0/10

Dolores and William storyline - 2/10

Bernard storyline -2/10

Teddy storyline - 9/10

I don't even remember anything else. Everyone in the real world was completely retarded, Ford included, and especially Asian tech and his buddy Louis CK

Not really. It had too many plotlines to tell within a 2-3 hour timespan, but the strange thing is that it feels finished.

Similar to when Stranger Things S2 was announced, I find myself asking "Why?" If it was different characters in the same universe, sure, whatever, but it's not in either case.

Everybody's plotline ended, for the most part, except Maeve's I suppose. So S2 is just going to be introducing new plotlines for worn-out characters.

I do not think Westworld (2016) would have worked as a movie. Hell, I don't think it worked as a TV series. It could have worked, but it didn't. I mean clearly I was invested enough to watch it weekly and finish it, but every ending (William, Ford, Bernard, etc...) was just... bad. Awful, really.

>Asian tech

I'm not sure whether he's a cuck, a host or is working under orders from Ford. They didn't reveal why is he such a fucking cuckold.