Just watched it. Haven't seen a movie this good in years. Simply amazing. The ending had me crying like a little girl...

Just watched it. Haven't seen a movie this good in years. Simply amazing. The ending had me crying like a little girl. 10/10 hope it wins the Oscar.

kys

>tfw too intelligent to communicate

Sorry guys, I forgot what post 3 should look like.

Kill yourself. 3/10 garbage.

It's alright.

It sort of suffers from the fact that the main characters hardly have any real agency and so, even though they actually have a tiny bit of charisma, they never develop likeability or strong character traits. Besides a disrespect for the authority surrounding her, what character traits does Louise even have?

And without strong character traits to begin with, how is a character supposed to grow? I'm not sure. This film doesn't show any character growth. It almost feels like they want to say something about grief, but there's never any feeling that Louise is actually grieving. Well, of course that's because she's not grieving. She discovers her grief and in the same moment she is enlightened about it. The sci-fi conceit undermines her possibility for growth and it kills whatever message they were trying to make.

Really, I felt like this was an underwhelming experience. For some beautiful shots and interesting ideas, I'll give it a 6/10. If I was more ballsy I would give it a 5 and say that there's no point to watching it (which is how I felt immediately after watching it), but I'll admit that it might be a tiny bit above average if you aren't familiar with the best sci-fi.

fef

The movie was great but Sup Forums has a hate boner for it.

Just watched it. Haven't seen a movie this bad in years. Simply awful. The ending had me puking like a diarrhea patient. 0/10 hope it wins the Razzies.

watched dune today and just read that the director is doing the remake which is promising

>tfw no sex process

>characters hardly have any real agency
>agency

munktoon

>Besides a disrespect for the authority surrounding her, what character traits does Louise even have?
Loving her daughter and husband? Pretty original stuff

Is it? It'll be beautiful cinematography and bland cliche themes: the movie, lie the rest of his work
>inb4 Enemyfags
It's not that good.

>puking like a diarrhea patient
what did he mean by this?

I don't know anything about the director but I really liked Arrival and I think he's a good fit for dune

ps I loved Lynch's version

>abbot is sex process

How do you react?

>they can't control what they see in the future
>supposedly random visions
>but visions they get "happen" to be important ones

plot. hole.

If you liked Arrival, then cool. I won't deny it's a great looking movie, it had something to say at least. And the screenwriter did a decent job of bringing a pretty unfilmable book to the screen.

Well see I guess. But my hopes are not high

alot of it was Adams I'll admit but I had a good time

>tfw OP is pleb process

>yfw Adams is cast as the Bene Gesserit Reverend Mother

I hope this is just bait but if not what are you other favorite movies OP, im just curious

does the novel explain how their visions in the future is determined?

I think Cara Delivigne would be better suited for that role

I unironically love Cara and am looking forward to Valerian

Exactly. Definitely Villeneuve's weakest.

That sequence with the young soldier sabotaging the whole operation was also horrible.

the whole concept is retarded, learning a crappy smudge language won't allow you to see future, any physicist would laugh at this concept
the movie presents the tired meme theory that the time is set as an existing fourth dimension and that everything that happened and happens is already set there and we are simply reading that dimension in order, like reading a book, but learning the language allowed her to skip ahead in the book and read the future pages
the movie is boring and the concept is fucking retarded
i thought that the time travel concept in interstellar was stupid and it couldn't get any worse but oh boy has this movie proven me wrong

are you at all capable of suspending your disbelief and enjoying a science fiction or fantasy film?

suspending disbelief is not the same as becoming a braindead dumbass

it should be have been the alien that got her pregnant. remove hawkeye and the movie becomes great

>Exactly. Definitely Villeneuve's weake
You mean Prisoners