What's the best Best Picture nominee this year? It's obviously Manchester by the Sea, right?

What's the best Best Picture nominee this year? It's obviously Manchester by the Sea, right?

La La Land

There are several nominees. I assume you mean winner?

Was Silence one of the nominees, because that was amazing. Otherwise, Arrival or Hacksaw Ridge. The rest were good too but not spectacular, but then again last year we had a very lackluster film win best picture (Spotlight).

Arrival was the definition of "not spectacular"

Silence got cucked and only got a nomination for best cinematography.

Did anyone actually care about Lion? Out of the best picture nominees, it seems like the one most deserving of getting kicked out in favor of Silence.

It was though. Maybe you personally didn't think so but I got chills throughout. The ending was really quite amazing.

I haven't seen Lion, in fact I didn't even know it was a film till just now.

Anything other than La La Land, which is a piece of stinky shit.

>Memechester by the Sea
sry user, Cu Cu Cuck will sweep this year.

>The ending was really quite amazing.
You mean when the government soldiers didn't just immediately shoot Amy Adams even though she was shouting in Chinese and seemed to be on a suicide mission?

La La Land has such a great and positive message to the world.

Arrival was really well made.

Tough match up. Still need to see the rest of the competition

Manchester by the Sea is pure cinematic bliss

Also La La Land's dancing in the stars and final numbers really made it

What part was that? When she was literally being chased and had That Guy help her buy some time so that she could deliver her message?

Pretty exciting stuff, if you ask me.

>Pretty exciting stuff
Felt poorly executed when the entire movie beforehand portrays itself as ponderous. I was also not a fan of Renner's narration inserted in the middle. Felt like a studio decision.

I've only seen
>Manchester by the Sea
>Arrival
>La La Land
>Hacksaw Ridge
>Fences
I'd have to rank them in that order desu. Maybe switch Hacksaw and La La, but from what I've seen MbtS definitely deserves it. Fences should be considered in the actors categories, but it felt like a mess of a film.

Moonlight

howdy nigger

Hacksaw is the only non-meme movie on the list.

Manchester had such a shitty soundtrack. The heavy orchestral pieces drowned the "tragicness" like the police station scene. It would've had more impact ifthey were just silence.

La La Land is going to win everything. The Academy can't say no to a circlejerk.

how can any of you fucks like La La Land

the bitch literally cheats on him AND leaves him when she doesn't have her way.

la la land

You literal Nazi. It can only be Hidden Figures.

You've obviously never been in a relationship

>it's okay to cheat

fuck outta here cuckold

she didnt cheat she chose her acting job over him, and then years passed until we find out she got knocked up by some Chad. The ending still made me upset

>Did anyone actually care about Lion?
I kind of liked the first half, but it was just a really mediocre movie. I haven't seen Hidden Figures, but I wonder which one is worse.

It's okish. Great photography, tho. From the same guy who did RougeOne.

It really ought to be manchester, but its probably going to be la la land because, say it with me:

HOLLYWOOD LOVES TO SUCK ITS OWN DICK

Argo and The Artist proved you right.

That's true. Only nom for it I really think makes sense.

Silence