How would you rank them?

How would you rank them?

You could have liked them all or hated them all, but surely you though some were better than others.

Moonlight >Manchester by the Sea >Hell or High Water = Arrival > La La Land >Hacksaw Ridge > Fences

have not seen Hidden Figures or Lion and won't because of Hensen and that kumar guy

Manchester By the Sea > Hacksaw Ridge > Hell or High Water > Moonlight > Arrival

Haven't seen the others. Not really interested in Hidden Figures or Lion.

Out of the ones i've seen here:

Arrival
Hacksaw Ridge
Manchester by the Sea
La La Land
Hell or High Water
Moonlight

Going to watch Hidden Figures soon.

Patrician tier
Hell or High Water
Manchester by the Sea
Hacsaw Ridge
Moonlight

Shitskin nigger pleb core tier
La La Land
Lion
Fences
Arrival
Hidden Figures

Can someone please tell me how the fuck Silence wasn't nominated?

The oscars mean nothing. Silence was great

1. Manchester by the Sea
2. Arrival
3. Moonlight

The rest is meh

Moonlight>Hell or High Water>La La Land>Manchester>Hacksaw

Haven't seen the rest

Forgot Arrival in 3rd place.

1. A lot of people flat out didn't see it, either because it came out too close to the voting deadline, or because they didn't want to sit through a nearly 3 hour film about existentialism.
2. Politics control award shows. Some people only vote for movies with "messages" they identify with. In the 2010s, Hollywood elite might not respond to a story about questioning faith (even if it also touches upon foreign intervention, which is relevant today) as much as one about race.
3. Not everybody is an honest voter. In an ideal world people would only vote for what they think is the best deserving nominee, but this is rarely the case. A lot of voters can be friends, or work together with the people they vote for. Allegations can ruin a movie's chances (Birth of a Nation), or at least make a surefire frontrunner turn into a "maybe" (Casey Affleck - Manchester by the Sea). Also keep in mind previous wins. Somebody might be more inclined to vote for somebody who has never won, while ignoring somebody who's "already had their chance".
4. Flat out bribery. It's well documented (read "The Men Who Would Be Kings", it's great) that advertising campaigns can really sell a movie taking home Oscar gold. It goes even further, with strategic distributors like the Weinsteins holding huge parties and giving expensive gifts to voters in hopes they'll vote for them. It worked for Shakespeare in Love, and it worked again this year with Lion: a pretty average movie that beat a whole bunch of much better movies for nominations because of how committed the people selling it were.
5. They didn't like it. All you have to do is watch a single Oscar broadcast to know a lot of people in the industry are morons with a soap box. They're more interested in plebbier fare.

Unironically good post.

Arrival
>9/10 (my number one of last year)

La La Land
>8.5/10

Hacksaw Ridge
>8/10

Moonlight
>8/10

Lion
>8/10

Manchester by the Sea
>7.5/10

Fences
>7/10

Hell or High Water
>6.5/10

Hidden Figures
>6/10

Hell or High Water > La La Land > Manchester > Moonlight > Hacksaw
Haven't seen the others though.

1. "Manchester by the Sea" -- 8/10.
2. "Arrival" -- 6/10.
3. "La La Land" -- 4/10.
4. "Hell or High Water" -- 4/10.
5. "Hacksaw Ridge" -- 3/10.

Haven't seen the others.

whats wrong with kumar guy? you can watch gay niggers fucing but the dude from skins are too much?

Fences >hell or High Water > Manchester By the Sea > La La Land > Hacksaw Ridge > Arrival >Lion
didn't see Moonlight or Hidden Figures

Lion is a weirdly mediocre film

Moonlight
Hacksaw Ridge
La La Land
Arrival
Hell or High Water

Gonna watch MBTS later today. Hopefully Fences leaks before the show, because it's the only one I still have interest in.

Manchester by the Sea > Moonlight > Hell or High Water > Arrival > La La Land

Haven't seen the rest yet

Moonlight > La La Land > haven't seen >>>> Arrival

"La La Land", "Hell or High Water", "Hacksaw Ridge" are actually fedoracore as fuck.

HR was the best of the ones I've seen and Hell or High Water the worst.

I've seen couple of clips from Fences (Broadway play) and it looks interesting.

Manchester 8/10
Moonlight 7.5/10
Arrival 7/10
Silence 7/10
Hell or high water 7/10
Hacksaw ridge 5/10 (could give it a 7 but it really pissed me off)

Nocturnal Animals>

I've seen all, but whenever i think about movies of 2016 Hacksaw Ridge pops first into mind.
Only Arrival was somewhat rememberable with it, and none the others are at all.
I had forgot La La Land the next day.

Arrival > Manchester by the Sea > Hacksaw Ridge >>> La La Land > Hell or High Water

Didn't see the others.

>the young pope 2/5
wtf?

Moonlight > Manchester by the Sea > Fences > Hidden Figures > Hell or High Water > Arrival > shit > La La Land >>>>>>>>>> Hacksaw Ridge