Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/m29hhS8_-7A
imdb.com/title/tt5996202/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not. fucking. obscure.

>if...
>obscure
plebian

I've legitimately never heard of anybody talk about this movie in my entire life.

If, If.. isn't obscure yet true kino, then what is?

The Sin of Jesus (1961)

I'll give you a hint. If it's in the Criterion Collection, there's a 90% chance it's not obscure.

Go back to your capeshit threads. This bland recommendation thread is the only potentially good one on Sup Forums right now.

>making excuses for calling this fucking Lindsay Anderson masterpiece "obscure"
>as if... it didn't win the fucking PALM D'OR

and i reiterate.
PLEBIAN

That movie is not even obscure, but here's one that's probably less famous.

Ballad of a Soldier desu

>one of Sup Forumss top 100 films
>obscure

the king of hearts

are you sure this isn't a list made by reddit?

I'm a total movie pleb and even I have watched this film. It gives off that same faggot vibe as the dumbasses in Clockwork Orange. I rate it below Marvel's Avengers and that other capeshit movie with the talking badger and dancing tree.

no

>that cast
I haven't watched it (yet) at least

I didn't even mention the movie in my post.
Try contributing to a thread instead of shitposting for once.

South of Heaven (2008)

Is this obscure?
It's a good movie nevertheless...

John Ford only directed about half of it, but personally, it's my favorite film of his. I like it even more than The Searchers, My Darling Clementine, and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

More my kind of movie I guess. It's a comedy-drama based on a Broadway play that Fonda played the lead in. By the time they made the movie William Powell was retired, but he loved the play so much he decided he'd act in one more movie.

youtu.be/m29hhS8_-7A

Normal people have never heard of it. It's obscure. Sorry if you thought obscure meant something autists with no life and no future haven't heard of.

If you meant obscure for normal people you shouldn't have posted it here, so yeah you should be sorry

>he thinks everyone who talks to him is who he was talking to
>he can't tell when new IPs post in a thread
>he thinks this is a discussion rather than someone superior TELLING him
You don't even belong here to be honest.

So you're someone new. Doesn't make If... obscure, and like I care what normies have or haven't heard of

>he thinks this is a discussion
You need to get that learning disability under control. What normal people consider obscure trumps your definition because they trump you as a person. Being an expert at a pretend hobby like cinema doesn't change this. In fact, it proves that you're too specialized to have a proper contextual understanding of what obscurity is. Do you understand now that I was forced to explain it to you like a toddler?

kill yourself

And who are these normal people you talk about? Chads and shit you find on the streets walking to the beach? They would find Spring Breakers and Enter the Void obscure, doesn't make them actually obscure. You can call me an autist all you want though.

If was good. This is more or less in the same genre. Or anyway, the same era.

>They would find Spring Breakers and Enter the Void obscure, doesn't make them actually obscure.
It actually does, stupid. If the majority of people have never heard of something, that means it's obscure. If only a relatively small number of people (you, and other autists who indulge in this fake hobby as a crutch for socialization) have ever heard of it, it is obscure. It's like the difference between common knowledge and esoterica, if that makes it any easier for your obviously raised poor brain to understand.

I give up, if you wanna think all those films are obscure you do so. expect autists like me to disagree however when they are called obscure on Sup Forums.

(He uses 'kino', just let him play make believe)

I watched that in high school. Great film. when they try to make scotch out of household items

hes trying to tell you that something obscure is not going to seem obscure to someone who has an obsessive view on the medium, but nonetheless, it is relatively unknown to the majority of people, and that is what defines whether something is actually obscure or not.

>I watched that in high school.
What class?

>If you meant obscure for normal people you shouldn't have posted it here
On the superhero/blockbuster movie board?

Where exactly do all you patricians hide? You're definitely not a majority.

imdb.com/title/tt5996202/

Saw this at the Philadelphia Film Fest last year. Fantastic movie about the dangers of extreme nationalism. Ending stuck with me the entire drive home

>Criterion collection
>Palme D'or winner
>Obscure

I took an elective class in speech and theater. One of my favorite high school teachers taught it. It was fun.

An unrelated thought. Will the Western ever make a comeback? Or has too much time passed since Cimino killed itbefore anyone get's ass savaged about that it's just what I've been told. His actions practically bankrupted UA.

itt: genY plebs who think theyre so edgy

KYS. youre only going to die in trumps war vs iran anyways.

trips and 250 viewers on imdb
is this the winner

Comeback as in many are being made every year? Probably not. They aren't really dead though, Hell or High Water was nominated for an oscar this year.

is it a happy film? i don't want to feel happy right now

That's fair. I suppose I meant like it used to be, but it's really a vestigial thing now like the musical. Haven't seen La La Land either.

I need more comfy obscure foreign films

how times have changed