Don't Breathe

>Don't Breathe

What a shitty movie. How does this movie get such good reviews? So you make an alright horror movie and all the sudden it is a 9/10 by faggot jew critics?

WEW
E
W

The ending fucking sucks. The whole movie is cheesy as fuck.

>the villain is so evil
>w-wait guys
>guys listen
>he's-
>guys
>he's so
>guys check it out
>he's so evil
>no, man listen up come on
>guys
>He's SO EVIL...
>no, he doesn't rape her
>come on
>guys he's literally
>literally so
>no
>so evil
>He-
>He warms up
>He puts his
>GUYS
>he puts his jizz
>no
>his jizz in
>no guys come on
>He puts hiz jizz
>in a TURKEY BASTER
>eh?
>A TURKEY BASTER
>and he's gonna a-
>he's gonna
>GUYS
he's gonna artificially inseminate her with a turkey baster
and he won't let her get an abortion

The reception is pretty fucking crazy. It was a good, well made movie. But jesus christ "best American horror film in twenty years?" Hell no.

Are you somehow lessening the idea that kidnapping a woman and forcing her to leave her entire life behind, forcing her to get pregnant, keeping her locked in a hole for 9 months, isn't horrible?

I think he was just making fun of how the movie tried so hard to make sure the guy was seen as evil lol

I'm not sure that's what was going on. I watched the film with no expectations and it didn't feel like they were painting him as anything but a desperate man.

The standards for modern horror are incredibly low.

Even the most blatant mediocrity is hailed as genius because it remembered for a fraction of a moment what the terms "suspense" is.

Take pic related. It has a pretty okay soundtrack, a few good moments of tension and ample nostalgia.

That's literally all it takes to make a """9"""/10 horror movie these days.

The difference is this one is actually good and Don't Breathe is bad

my favourite bit was where he gives the little speech about how it's all possible thanks to the evil power of atheism

I agree. All they did was take the home invasion genre and flip it upside down, where the "good guys" are breaking in and the "bad guy" has to defend his home. A bunch of 15 year olds watch it and declare it le best horror in years, as if they are old enough to even make such a comment. They were probably in diapers in the mid '00s.

>That's literally all it takes

Except it's also thematically perfect on top of being a great film in general.

Perspective faggot.

You're trapped in X situation with a psycho who wants to do Y

X will be "locked down trap house" for all the scenarios and Y will be one of the following
>disembowel you and wear your skin like a coat
>repeatedly rape you nightly for the rest of your life
>tie hooks to every square inch of your skin and yank them all at once through a complex system of pulleys
>feed you to an eldritch abomination
>perform twisted experiments on you to see if you could be surgically turned into an animal/the opposite sex/a living refrigerator/etc
>artificially inseminate you in a well lit room with amenities, care for you for 9 months, and release you once you have delivered a child

Take your pick, for a horror movie it's really on the lowest end of the 'things you can do that people won't agree with" scale.

Also
>forcing her to leave her entire life behind
>keeping her locked in a hole for 9 months
So kind of like the shorter, less violent version of what the justice system would have done to her had he called the cops?
>forcing her to get pregnant
that's literally supposed to be the big shocker. He's not even raping her, he's artificially inseminating her. Oh man it's just so horrible that he's forcing her to bear children. Villain of the year. He's right there between Mormons and states that defund Planned Parenthood.

Yeah, between the operative wrongdoing here being depriving a girl of an abortion and the villain being a macho man who used to have a big crazy hard on for the lord, this honestly felt more like a sermon on the evils of the patriarchy than a horror flick.

>and release you once you have delivered a child
Was this ever explicitly stated? It doesn't seem likely considering the woman could report him to the police.

>that's literally supposed to be the big shocker
And it works. Do you somehow lack the part of the brain that gives empathy? Imagine you were a woman, your fuck up cost a preteen her life. Then the dude who you did it to kidnaps you and sticks a turkey baster full of semen inside you while you were completely immobile and suspended from the ceiling. Then you're stuck down there, away from your family, for nine months. You have no idea if you'll ever see them again.

Is it as bad as being raped every night? No. It's pretty fucking horrible nonetheless. Although I agree he should've raped the original girl, and attempted to rape Rocket.

>How does this movie get such good reviews?

Mai waifu a perf

What a great shot.

Uh it's unironically top 10 of 2016.

Also Jane Levy is the queen of horror now.

To be honest I wanted a bad end. That chick was equally as shitty of a human being as him
>Old, blind, disabled man whose daughter was killed by a rich girl who got off free
>Some dumb Liberal who sees California as the promise land and terrorizes innocent people, including people she knows are disabled, in order to avoid calling CPS on her sister and just run away to California on the money of innocents

D R O P P E D