Isildur's Bane?

Isildur's Bane?

if i took that ring off would you die?

jesus christ

>look at the picture for a minute
>realise it's a badly compositioned CIA plane shot replica and not an actual scene from one of the hobbit movies
Imagine my suprise

its gone too far

Flying the ring to Mordor would not have been viable because there was no reason for it. Time was not a factor for the Fellowship, had it been they wouldn't have dragged their feet leaving Rivendell or have spent a month's vacation in Lothlorien. Convenience certainly didn't matter either. The one thing that mattered, the only thing, was secrecy.

It was absolutely imperative that Sauron be given no indication whatsoever of where the ring was actually headed. If he even suspected that his enemies would attempt to destroy his ring he would have taken the relatively simple step of sealing the entrance to the forge, which is the only place the ring could have been unmade. It couldn't simply have been dropped into the caldera.

Sauron never bothered putting a door before his forge because he didn't believe that anyone would ever take his ring there. The ring's corrupting influence was a fail-safe. He believed that no one could resist its power, and certainly not within the forge, where his magic was strongest. He was right in thinking that, also.

Now shut up forever.

Who's your favourite Orc, Sup Forums?

but the eagles tho

>Sauron never bothered putting a door before his forge because he didn't believe that anyone would ever take his ring there
But Isildur did exactly this;

>But Isildur did exactly this;

In the movie.

Uh, you don't get to pass.

BUT NOTHING CAN BREACH IT

dubs will breach it

BANE will breach it

Mr Baggins, I'm Urak-HAI

Hai Uruk, I'm dad!

Gandalf: Master Baggins, I'm Maiar.
Saruman: He wasn't alone.
Gandalf: Uhh.. you don't get to bring friends.
Frodo: They're not my friends.
Saruman: They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the Ringwraith. The Black Rider.
Gandalf: The Witch King?
(Saruman nods)
Gandalf: Get them on the eagle, I'll call it in.

Gandalf: The flight plan I just filed with the White Council lists me, my fellowship, Master Baggins here, but only one of you! First one to talk gets to stay on my eagle!
(Gimli drags a Nazgul to the edge)
Gandalf: WHO PAID YOU TO GRAB MASTER BAGGINS?
(The Nazgul offers no response. Legolas shoots an arrow off the side of the eagle)
Gandalf: HE DIDN'T FLY SO GOOD. WHO WANTS TO TRY NEXT?
(Grabs another Nazgul)
TELL ME ABOUT THE WITCH KING! WHY DOES HE WEAR THE RING?
(The second Nazgul says nothing)
Gandalf: LOT OF LOYALTY FOR A HIRED RINGWRAITH!
Third Nazgul: Or perhaps he's wondering why you would shoot a man before throwing him out of an eagle.
Gandalf: At least you can talk! Who are you?
Third Nazgul: It doesn't matter who we are. What matters is our plan.
(Gandalf removes the hood of the third Nazgul.)
Witch King: No one cared who I was until I took the ring.
Gandalf: If I pull that off, will you die?
Witch King: It would be extremely painful.
Gandalf: You're a big guy.
Witch King: For you.
Gandalf: Was getting caught part of your plan?
Witch King: Of course! Mr. Baggins here refused our offer in favour of yours. We needed to find out what he told you.
Frodo: Nothing! I said nothing!
(The eagle encounters turbulence. Above, a winged beast with a team of Nazgul riding it comes into view)
Gandalf: Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Aragon: Gandalf?
What's the next step in your master plan?
Witch king: Crashing this eagle. WITH NO SURVIVORS!

(Four Ringwraiths leap down toward the eagle. The Witch King breaks his handcuffs and snaps Gandalf’s neck.)

Very nice

Then who is Isildur?

Classic, saved