what movie?

nvm i did reverse image search

Manchester by the Sea

can we have lunch?

*bawwww bawwwww bawwwwwww*

fucking feels

Fucking google the image dipshit

kys ;)

I cried like a bitch. Almost. But then I realised there is nothing there.

what did she mean when she said that she still loved him? Did she still love him romantically? Why would she ask him to have dinner with her alone?

>there's nothing there
>i don't feel anything anymore
>fights to hold back tears and awkwardly runs away

She still loved him. They only broke up because of they couldn't cope with the tragedy not because they didn't get along.

>Did she still love him romantically?
not necessarily, but someone you had a bunch of kids with isn't really someone you can write off your life like that, or so I assume

literally our guy

This is the 3rd different photo I have saw where Affleck does this same exact pose and facial expression.

>asocial loser with anger issues
>all of this is due to an immense personal tragedy

What's your fucking excuse Sup Forums?

is the nig nog in fences better than our queen michelle

>stares at shoes and mumbles

Why didn't he check out her poop chute?

Literally me

Are we supposed to hate this film?

>Give the best female performance of the year in just one scene
>Won't get the Oscar because Viola Davis is nominated aswell

You won in my heart Michelle

Only if it wins an Oscar.

Both are great.If you think viola is worse than michelle for any reasons u should kys

Loved this film.

Why did it take Affleck a decade since Jesse James to get another Oscar nominated role?

Michelle was barely in it, don't know if she deserves an Oscar for a couple 5 minute scenes of her crying.

Because she probably had HIV being the loose slut she was
She gave a fucking half baked performance and was barely in the film. Naomie Harris should win the Oscar because she actually gave a solid emotional performance.

Also this movie is vastly overrated and contained way too many soap opera tier filler moments to put it anywhere above 7/10. Also the ending fucking sucked

garbage normalfaggot flick

>having to work as a janitor and hear trashy women say shit like this behind your back and mention your profession condescendingly

The feels were real.

Dude was blue collar as fuck. Kind of pissed me off because I can't relate to a cheap beer guzzling plumber who gets into bar fights and treats their adopted kid like crap.

was there a better scene in cinema this year?

Yes, the BvS "our moms are both named Martha" scene. Ben deserves the Oscar not Casey. That was a truely powerful scene.

this

Weak movie, good scene though.

Definitely one of the best. The club scene and the singing scene in Toni Erdmann were both brilliant too. The final scene between Kristen Stewart and Lily Gladstone in Certain Women is also devastating. The plane crash in Sully was pretty great also. And the moment in Silence when Garrpe swims out to sea.

But yeah, one of the peaks of film of 2016 for sure.

Plot of this film:

"A local man has a hard life"

I inherited my fathers bi polar disorder/alcoholism , I have a child with a woman who hates my guts, I have ADHD, and instead of being a college student I work at a steel mill because I make nothing but bad choices.

The police station and freezer scenes were far better then that stupid shit

The kid thing sounds bad but what's wrong with the steel mill? You probably make decent money, right?

I have a university degree and I work at a bookstore.

How bad is your alcoholism?

>have to suffer the company of some post-wall cunt just so your shit eating adopted son can get his dick wet with some busted chick when he already has a superior girlfriend anyway

These feels were immense.

what does post-wall mean?

Lee is a pretty common english name in the south

Is this Drive part 2?

What simplicity!

Not all of us spend every minute on the internet memeing with our "mates," mate

just answer the question

It was scenes like this that made me really understand how fucked up he was and that he really "can't beat it", as he says. He would have easily gotten to plow that bitch if he got his act together just a little bit, but he simply couldn't. Though it also seemed he maybe refused to talk to her in order to fuck up for his nephew.

I'm not him (obviously, because I'm answering), but I reckon it has something to do with the expression "hitting the wall", which, in a woman's case, means that the female in question was really hot once, but has now aged beyond the point where she couldn't be considered pretty any more, but is rather ugly. So I'm guessing a "post-wall woman" is someone you look at and you can imagine she sued to be really hot, but longer is, since she's "hit the wall".

And then my keyboard died by the end, but I think you know what I meant and which letters are missing. Don't buy cheap keyboards, mates.

I haven't had any horrible trauma like Lee, but I am still emotionally shunted like he is.

I have a degree and amneet having moved back home from Boston to family up by Manchester By The Sea. Watching this was tough. Maybe I should look into a career with the fishing industry. Though fishing around here has been having though times.

Any good torrent out there?

>Manchester.by.the.Sea.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS

No, he's isolated because the trauma he's suffered causes him to associate human relationships with pain and loss. He's not isolated because he's a mean spirited nasty small minded piece of shit that refuses to take responsibility and better himself.

He's isolated because of trauma, not because he deserves it.

He means she already "hit the wall" meaning she's a 35+ women and her prime years are behind her in terms of physical attractiveness.

Thanks, thought they were fake.

will michelle williams ever win an oscar?

I cried like a bitch.
Best movie of the 2016, I'd say. Watched it a few days ago and still thinking about it. I hope Casey will get that Oscar.

Haven't seen Fences, Hell or High Water, Hidden Figures, Lion and Moonlight yet.

kys

Check out Moonlight and Elle if you haven't seen that yet.

Manchester, Moonlight and Elle are the big three this year. Hell or Highwater was great but you can't put out a script that's just "great" in the same year as Manchester.

she'll do a heat legend

She needs to do more "artistic nudity"

>ending fucking sucked
Did you even understand the point of the movie?

It's almost like people have mannerisms they always fall back upon.

No he didn't, becomes pretty clear when he compared Manchester by the Sea to a soap-opera.

what does he mean when he says "there's nothing there"?

Kid's first gf was a qt. Dunno why he wanted that bitchy one who couldn't sing.

When there is nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.

Major downgrade.

>when he already has a superior girlfriend anyway
this, holy shit patrick is a fucking dunce for wanting that ditsy punk chick in his dogshit band over the 9.9/10 he had earlier with the huge tits

Now we post the shit that makes Manchester by the Sea next level:

>nurses struggling to find the paperwork after the brother dies

>literally any flashback with the brother's exwife

>Lee looming over the hockey practice like a literal grim specter of death

>shooting Lee breaking the news to the nephew from his hockey teammates' perspective

>struggling to get the wife's stretcher into the ambulance after the fire

>"That's it? You mean so I can go?" - Lee realizing that no one is gonna punish him for what he did but himself

>forgetting where the car is parked

>the kid's shitty high school band actually being shitty

>Lee unintentionally guiding his nephew from the well meaning but emotionally useless girlfriend to the one that challenges him and is better for him

>no dialogue at the brother's funeral

>never showing the photo of Lee's family to the audience, just letting Casey convey the importance with his acting

>the drastic change in tone and color palette when the nephew eats dinner at his mother's

>"Very handsome" - Lee describes his ex's new son the way he previously described their own

>the hockey coach / the old guy whose plumbing Lee fixes - the little gesture of empathy from strangers throughout the film

For what? She literally couldn't even wet her eyes in the most important scene (see OP's image), there were no tears. Poor performance. Just like Parry "breakdown" over frozen chicken.

The suicide scene but a bit of a stretch, pulling a cop's gun out of his holster at a fucking police station just seems unrealistic. And he would have been shot or charged with a felony if he did that, even if he was trying to use it on himself.

this moment was fucking great

>>"That's it? You mean so I can go?" - Lee realizing that no one is gonna punish him for what he did but himself
i'm tearing up just thinking about this

it's crazy how the cops reacted, like it was just a little mistake. as for lee's actions, lee clearly doesn't give a fuck if he gets shot or worse.

>lee looming over the hockey practice
this scene was really good, what did the coach and the other players mean when they were talking about lee and the story being 'complete bullshit'? was it the story of him burning the house or what he did in the police station?

In such a small town everbody knows each other, no way in hell that someone who just lost his kids would get charged by guys he knows for trying to kill himself.

Michelle is such a qt they should have just made the movie about her.

>Implying he didn't deserved it

You're a pathetic cuck.

>35+

Try 27+, or 23+ if you're american.

I guess that he did it deliberately.

this one was annoying as fuck tho
"i dont think patrick needs to hear this..."
ughh shut UP

I think it's just the whole event. Burning the house, trying to kill himself, skipping town completely. At the time of the scene i thought it was some kind of crazy sporting achievement he'd made when he was a kid.

I disagree on this one m8. It's just a frumpy small town police department. He pulled the gun because the cops are dopes who probably never pull their guns in their entire careers and would never expect that, especially from a guy they know. He didn't get shot or charged again because it's a small town and they all know each other and they all know he just did it because he's fucked up.

That type of casual personal non-hostile relationship between police and citizens is definitely becoming more rare in America but it used to be common. Especially when cops were hired locally and stayed local.

the other one was far more annoying imo

would i be crazy to put a bet on for michelle beating out viola? viola seems to have a lot of sjw hype about her

imo Viola is a safer bet, had more to do and did it all exceptionally. Not taking anything away from Michelle, but her character really didn't have enough time to make an impression on the film in the same way that Viola's did.

Yea, if we're gonna talk not in triggered meme terms Viola had probably three or four times as much screentime as Williams and she did great work with it. Williams really only has the one absolutely amazing scene.

yeah, on first watch I definitely thought it was due to him doing some sporting stuff in the past, or something similar

Imagine that you had a puppy, and you loved this puppy so much, and you raised it with your gf, and for 9 months it was all love, your relationship with your beautiful gf, and the mutual care of the puppy. Then, one day, you have a hard day at work and drink too much, and forget to close the door outside, and the puppy gets out, and he gets struck and killed by a truck. And you wake up from your drunken nap realizing that you might have forgotten to close the door, and you run to the door hoping it was a dream, but you see your gf crouched over your puppy. And both of you are so traumatized and guilty about the death of the puppy and blaming each other that you have to break up. You wander about in a mindless stupor for a year, trying to dull the pain, hating yourself for destroying everything you loved over one small mistake -- a human error. Your gf badmouths you to all your friends, but it was really misplaced anguish. Many months later, she shows up unannounced at your place of work, "Can we just have lunch?" Because she has the realization that the tragedy was not due to anything out of malice or intention. And she wants to make things whole. She's just a shadow without the relationship. But the puppy is still dead. And its been a year or more, and you have killed that part of the past, and if you bring it back, you will return to a world of shit. You want things back the way they were, but some mistakes are not retrievable, and their degrading effects persist, and their toxicity continue to kill your emotional existence slowly and inexorably.

ROBERT E. CHONG

The way you fuckers are praising this movie I already know it's super shit

Viola should have been best actress so its the equivalent of a foreign film being nominated for best picture and best foreign picture. You just know its gonna at least win best foreign picture. She's gonna win because arguably she should have been best actress and she's also well regarded nominee (Remember Doubt?).

>love him romantically

its more than love once you have children and a family life

user, a-are you alright?

Michelle was bitchy and annoying the first half the movie. She only got nice at the end.

since this thread exists, what's the likelihood of it actually getting best picture?
as much as I'd like it to, the other nominations probably agree with people more
Also if casey or anything involving casey were to win there might be an sjw eruption

Thinking about it, what the fuck is the justification for her being in a supporting role in that movie?

Naw I like the job, lucky to have it. I just thought I'd be a college student with a law degree or some such shit. It's a bad enough problem that I don't get to see my son as much as I'd like to. Sober for 3 months but the icing on this poop cake is the mother of my child is dating some gauge wearing heroin addict and I haven't had sex since I knocked her up