Not all third world countries use this letter...

Not all third world countries use this letter, but all countries that use this letter in their main language are third world.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reintegrationism
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_WuynZg662k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Trump

>Los estados unidos de press 2 for spanish

Letter or sound? English has this sound in lots of words.

Did you know that the letter "ñ" is not exclusive to Spanish? It's used in formal galician, but some galician speakers argue that the language is closer to portuguese than it is to spanish, and use "nh" instead

The more you know

para espanol marque numero dos*

True

T. Catalunya

Spain is first world you dumb amerilard

How is it pronounced?
Is it like the n in Pena (the dude that arrested escobar)?

like ņ

yea m8

but usa is 2nd world m8

no

like enye

like gn in "spagna"

Are they correct?

It's pronounced exactly like ń

exactly like ň

seriously though how dumb do you have to be to ask about it on a peloponese pigeon hunting board instead of just putting it into google translate

Yes. Like Peña, Mexico's president

Because there are native Spanish speakers here you slav nigger

still took over 30 minutes for one to arrive instead of the one minute of searching it on fucking google

For the most part, yes.
Pronunciation wise galician has been heavily influenced by spanish, but the language still came from the same medieval roots as portuguese.
The thing is, portuguese spellings are linked to galician nationalism, and the RAG won't accept them, being as it is non-nationalist
Here's the wiki article:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reintegrationism

Siñgapore is a shit country. Very third world.

Because I'm om a Xbox so I can't type it or copy it, pendejo.
Gracias

Any language that uses a tilde on any letter is a third world language.

Thanks, I didn't realize it was a distinct language, I thought it was just a dialect of Spanish.

>writing from right to left

Yeah, the right way

>Because I'm om a Xbox
I didn't know you could shitpost from an xbox

it sounds unconfortable

>I thought it was just a dialect of Spanish
Had galicia split off alongside portugal galician would probably be considered a dialect of portuguese, and a number of galician intelectuals have considered it as such in the past.

cute.. hit us with another factbomb

Aranese is the only occitan language to be recognised as official anywhere in the world.
It's spoken in the Val d'Aran in Catalonia, and it's recognised as official by Catalonian authorities. In fact, the ballots for the upcoming independence referendum are written in Spanish, Catalan, and Aranese.

Actually, I got that wrong. Italy recognises Occitan as a minority language

are you catalonian?

Galician

are you the purple sky Spaniard in the other thread?

Nope

Eh I've been doing it for a while now
Only downside is that I can't upload pics

another factbomb before i have to head to the doc please

Ok
Catalan is not only spoken in Catalonia, different versions of it are spoken throughout Valencia, the Ballearic Islands, and Murcia. I think that each, except for Murcia's, is recognised as official by their local governments.
Aragonese is not, and despite having been an important language in the middle ages, it is currently going extinct, only spoken in casual situations in the province of Cuenca.
Astur-Leonese is in pretty bad shape too, though not quite as bad as Aragonese. A variant of it, Miranese, is recognised as an official language by the portuguese government.

>Cuenca
Huesca*

Mirandese and Astur-Leonese probably have different accents, no?

They both descend from Leonese which should sort of form a continuum between Galician/Portuguese and Castillian. but modern Mirandese sounds like Portuguese with some Spanish words.

I honestly don't know.
I called it a variant because it came mentioned under Astur Leonese when we studied this back at school

Mirandese sounds Slavic just like Portuguese, except it has more "lh"s instead of "l"s, some "tch" instead of "sh" and "de la" instead of "da", just like Castilian.

Cool, thanks for the info!

That and using some slight archaisms, but those are probably just some pan-Iberian words that we happened to drop.

Portuguese also has these from a Castilian/Galician/Mirandese point of view, I presume.

I would've liked if Castilian hadn't become so dominant in Spain. I really like the Idea of having an Iberian-Romance continuum from Galician/Portuguese to Leonese/Asturian/Mirandese to Castilian to Catalan. Especially because Castillian is the one that sounds the most different from the other 3, without any mute vowels or stressed syllables.

Is this mirandese?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_WuynZg662k

Þe jews.

Yes.

It seems like that band and a few others are the main force carrying the language, even. Most people in Miranda don't actual speak it outside the villages, which are just a bunch of old men, anyway.