Can someone explain to me why the is a cult film?

Can someone explain to me why the is a cult film?
I liked it, but it doesn't seem to me as very deep or transcendental.

Le Ambassadeur?

DUDE THAT GUY KILLED 2 PEOPLE IN IRELAND LMAO

Matthew Broderick murdered a mother and daughter with his car while he was in Ireland then decided to rub it in the face of his victims' family by moving to a town called Kilcar

OHHHH YEAAAAHHH

It's not deep or transcendental. It's funny.

> I liked it

That's why.

A cult film doesn't need to be deep or transcendental. It just needs to have people that liked it. It's a funny, fun movie. Isn't that reason enough?

it was among the first teen movies along with the breakfast club and the likes that showed teenagers as the assholes they really were.

noice

he's got what's coming to him, he married a horse.

Fans of the movie usually like Cameron's speech at the end. It's one of the best movies about teenage rebellion.

Who here /mista peedasun/

$175 for two, them's some dear potatoes

I didn't think a movie had to be deep or transcendental to be considered cult, I thought the term cult in this context meant a piece of art that develops a small loyal and dedicated fanbase outside of the mainstream,

The Irish aren't people, user.

Rich Evans and Jay talk about this in the Mad Max Road Warrior Re:View and suggests heavily that Jews regularly get away with being horrible people.

Why was there no Jew backlash against RLM?

because nobody besides Sup Forums virgins watch rlm

So basically RLM can get away with anything?

yeah, mike already went on a rampage

it was a simpler time - before black culture cucked the whole country - where literally everyone could identify with one of the characters and aspire to either fuck or be like one of the others.

I thought it was cool when I was a kid. Then as I grew older it sort of wore off. Honestly I don't think it was very good at all. I'm going to claim it was the Twilight of it's time, A bunch of idiot middle school and HS kids watched it and thought it was the best thing ever because they have no test.

Never seen it, but I love The Breakfast Club.

Will I like it?

>red wings jersey
>in chicago
What a fag

>Can someone explain to me why the is a cult film?
> I liked it, but it doesn't seem to me as very deep or transcendental.
Cult films are just films that are quirky in some way that grows on you.
They don't have to be deep, usually aren't. They're just fun, the movie equivalent of a tub of ice cream.

>it's a "Ferris kills two Irish people" episode

Bueller ... Bueller ... Bueller ... Bueller

Anyone else find that fan theory about Ferris being a figment of Cameron's imagiantion retarded? Did he dream that Twist and Shout sequence?

to be fair is that any less retared than some random high school kid commandeering a major parade float for an impromptu concert of his own while dancers, the crowd, and other pwople on the float enthusiastically join in a choreographed number?

You know that's almost exactly what happened though right, the parade was real and the crowd wasn't told what was going to happen and their singing and dancing is authentic

A crowd cheering for the star of Wargames isn't insane, and the people on the actual float knew.what was going on unlike in the actual movie. Also no it wasnt exactly like that, from IMDB
*During the parade several of the people seen dancing (including the construction worker and the window washer) originally had nothing to do with the film. They were simply dancing to the music being played and John Hughes found it so humorous that he told the camera operators to record it.*

and it wasn't like a one take parade deal, it was a multi day shoot with studio rehearsal and choreography. *also IMDB
*The parade scene took multiple days of filming; Matthew Broderick spent some time practising the dance moves. "I was very scared", Broderick said. "Fortunately, the sequence was carefully choreographed beforehand. We worked out all the moves by rehearsing in a little studio. It was shot on two Saturdays in the heart of downtown Chicago. The first day was during a real parade, and John got some very long shots. Then radio stations carried announcements inviting people to take part in a John Hughes movie. The word got around fast and 10,000 people showed up! For the final shot, I turned around and saw a river of people. I put my hands up at the end of the number and heard this huge roar. I can understand how rock stars feel. That kind of reaction feeds you." *

>Protagonist killed two people
>Antagonist turned out to be a pedo

>it doesn't seem to me as very deep or transcendental

It is. The image you posted says it all. They didn't skip class to stay home playing videogames or smoking pot. They went to a fucking museum. They went to a parade. They went to a stadium, restaurants, etc. They saw their city. They lived.

It's a movie about living and a movie about learning to evolve and grow up.

>cult film
>deep or transcendental

That's the opposite of a cult film. Although I hate this movie and all 80's comedies.

Its the only film right libertarians can watch apart from iron man

>Can someone explain to me why the is a cult film?
Yeah, it's overrated. The only reason this movie achieved cult status is because of that shooting scene.

shut up and post sloan

>comedy
Might as well kill yourself m8

"People"

Hmm...

She used to have great arm hair.

Cult film?

It's mainstream as fuck what are you talking about?

it's not really the same

>pampered rich white brat skips school
>"teenage rebellion"

It always takes me a moment to see this guy isn't Michael J. Fox.

neck whore

Ferris was a complete dickhead

Pampered rich white kids are expected to ace every class in school.
Skipping a day is, for them, an act of rebellion.
(You) buffoon

>not transcendental
> one of maybe 3 hollywood high school films that doesn't revolve around stalking a boy or girl in hopes to make them fall in love with you