Power Rangers

If you don't think this is the tightest shit then get the fuck out of my face.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5kIe6UZHSXw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haim_Saban
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Hero_Taisen_series
youtube.com/watch?v=8mJLyHR9QfM
youtube.com/watch?v=1PL9-GxKB0c
youtube.com/watch?v=tfx4YtGFuR8
youtube.com/watch?v=eH9WmaK7iLs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>they actually summon megazord

That is tv-show level cgi there.

>Saban
>created PR, Inspector Gadget, Dragon Ball Z, Super Mario Bros. show

How can one company be so based?

How can you say its the tightest shit without having seen it yet?

Fucking moron.

>Dragon Ball Z
???

The first Power Rangers movie looked like it was made with Powerpoint so this is still a massive improvement.

IT'S TIME TO GO GO watch another movie

Am I the only one who feels like this film is drawing on "Man of Steel" a lot?

youtube.com/watch?v=5kIe6UZHSXw

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haim_Saban
>Haim Saban is an Israeli-American media proprietor, investor, philanthropist

I don't think I'd be even mildly excited for this movie even if I was 10 years old again. It looks like typical dark reboot shit.

it's gonna look great once they finish the cgi

Yes because it has no similarities.

What the fuck is with this over designed garbage. Why can't they just make the mega zords look like the animals they are supposed to represent. I know the one on the left is supposed to be an elephant but I can't tell if I'm looking at its face or its ass.

I know right? Why can't they make it like the original movie Megazord?

it looks a radiator fused with a television set from the 70s

>powers without morphing
>actors don't look like the characters
>costumes look terrble
>zords look worse
What were they thinking?

>actors don't look like the characters

Who don't they look like?

5 mid 20 year old supermodels trying to pass as high schoolers. "Omg, were such outcasts and losers lol"

These people.

That was garbage too. Doesn't make the current one any less garbage.

The ABSOLUTE highest rating this film will get is "average", but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it gets critically panned.

What the fuck?!

that's because they aren't those characters, they are different characters based on them

What's the difference?

The more shit i see the worse it looks.

They aren't the same.

You're wrong about that.

Optimus Prime in the 80s cartoon is not the same Optimus Prime as the one in Bayformers

They have the same name and voice actor but exist in different continuities and therefore have differences. One might do something the other wouldn't. They look different. Get it?

You constipated?

Easy. They are paid to.

This was actually a problem I had with BayPrime up until AOE. He talked like 80's Prime, he sounded like 80's Prime but he acted like a different bot. He acted like someone who's been in war a long time and who's ideas of good and evil had been muddied and grayed. To spout off inspirational speeches and talking about protecting life and liberty while out right murdering a surrendering opponent was just antithetical to the character they appeared to be trying to represent, that being the John Wayne style bad ass of the 80's cartoon. However when he was changed in AOE and started acting like the war warn soldier.

I think we can come to the same level on this Power Rangers reboot. As long as we are not trying to play on every trope the original tried to set up we can look at these new kids as a different take on what we know and love.
. . . that robots are still shit though.

You can't be serious? That can't be the new megazord. That looks like a bad guy you'd encounter in the old Lost in Space show.

>a movie made over 20 years ago looked a lot worse

No shit you fucking retard

Read his post, that's from the 1995 movie, which is a stripped down version of

that's a custom toy representation of the Megazord in the original Movie that was CGI and loosely based off the Ninja Megazord that would who up in the show that fall in season 3

Will the Puttys get into any wacky antics in this?

This would be rad as fuck with the proper head.

Well I think you are perhaps reading into what I said a bit much, I was just illustrating the concept that these aren't meant to be the same characters exactly, rather new versions of them.

As far as I'm concerned the movie is a complete waste of time and money and I have no interest in it whatsoever. There are some things from my childhood that I still think had some amount of artistic merit to them and at least in theory could be made into interesting live action movies, like Transformers if it weren't made by idiots. But Power Rangers definitely isn't one of those things. The only thing PR had going for it was the Sentai action scenes, and those are cool precisely because of their comic book low budget colorful flashy over the top bullshit. They are like the antithesis of everything big reboot event movies are today. And I honestly think most people who watched PR as a kid are going to sense that this is not going to translate to the big screen in the way something like X-Men did, and avoid this turd. If it doesn't bomb I will be shocked and deeply disappointed in my generation.

Funny how the black zord has the biggest appendage.

the suits are shi8t

I have to admit, when they say "go, go" in the trailer they kinda got me.

Fuck.

That's true, but not really related to the post you're replying to.

>Funny how the black zord has the biggest appendage.
What the hell is it suppose to be anyway?

DAMN! This shit looks TIGHT! Me and my homeboys definitely watching this, I feel like every nigga on Sup Forums must SEE this for REAL!

Mastadon

A mammoth

Funny since the black Ranger is Asian now just like the original

Looks like something from a beetleborgs remake.

These things have always looked comparatively bad for their time. They're just designed to sell children's toys and Halloween costumes. Do you need to be burped?

>tfw no sentai cinematic universe
>power rangers - teens in california
>beetleborgs - kids in new england
>vr troopers - kids/teens in cyberspace
>masked rider - alien teen in midwest
>superhuman samurai syber squad - teens in Japan

Masked Rider, PR, and Beetleborgs get solo movies. VR, SSSS are only in the team up movies. They can share villains even if it's not canon because let's be real about sentai here.

>>tfw no sentai cinematic universe

Japan has one

Link?

Been going on for awhile now, even in the TV series the current Kamen Rider and Super Sentai will teamup

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Hero_Taisen_series

the helmet designs are ugly as fuck. in the original show, each helmet was very distinctive and even if you looked at a black and white picture you could instantly tell which one belonged to which ranger and what animal it was depicting.

these new designs all look exactly the same with some slight differences in lines.

They actually look pretty close to the original. The eye shapes are the only difference between each helmet and they're pretty distinct.

meanwhile some years ago in nippon

youtube.com/watch?v=8mJLyHR9QfM

Babylon 5 had better looking cgi

>nothing in this picture is real

I want it to be good or really campy and fun, but we are going to DBevolution levels here

the japs still eat this shit up?

looks like a fucking parody

no, this is a parody
youtube.com/watch?v=1PL9-GxKB0c

Why would anyone watch Power Rangers in Japanese?

but will the blue ranger be missing a finger?

>the japs still eat this shit up?

It was theirs first and Saban still borrows it and rebrands it as their own thing

>Be Lord Zedd
>Make putties superior to Rita's
>Put giant insta kill button right in the middle of their chest

>Anniversary of Wild Force was yesterday
>Official Power Rangers page makes a post about it
>Ask what they think about the Red Ranger being a murderer
>blocked from page

Branding though. Zedd needed the brand recognition from his putties. Plus Zedd's engineering couldn't figure out how to make a shiny Z logo chestplate without them exploding from physical impact.

>Rich Jew
What's the problem, is he conforming to the stereotype too much?

I think campiness would have been their best bet so long as they didn't get too thick and obnoxious with the winks and nudges. You can do serious stuff with it, but there's an intrinsic goofiness to the premise and that's where a lot of Power Rangers' staying power in pop culture stems from.

The second trailer had enough jokes and funny moments that I think it will be campy enough.

Oh shit Becky G is doing music in it?

That's my grrrl, bitch has me dancing in the mirror and singing in the shower all like la-da-dee la-da-da da-da-daaa

>black power ranger is black
>yellow power ranger is Asian

What did they mean by this?

Bitch has me jerking it to latinas desu

The yellow ranger was originally a latino but she dropped out. In the original the black and red rangers are best friends, and Walter Jones and Austin St John immediately hit it off so Walter wanted to be the black ranger so they could have more scenes together.

It means that you're 24 years late to a joke that became unfunny 23 years ago.

the return of sentai
hopefully it does well

>the return of sentai

Power rangers TV had like a brief absence a few years back but has been going strong otherwise.

honestly this has me more pumped than the jl trailer
movie looks to be more fun/energetic
more hopeful

This is the second time I see you make this joke.
While it was funny at first, it wasn't now.

that looks like shit.
adi shankar's looks better and he spent like $3000, which is fucking sad.

His looked like garbage, let's not pretend.

Are you saying THIS looks good?

I think the suits look fine.

Dude they look like fucking cyborgs. It looks like they stole their suits from cyrax, smoke, and sektor in the new mortal Kombat game.

It really triggers me that they slapped some random turrets to all the zords

It honestly looks pretty bad, like a CW original.

Imagine if they used this official concept meant for the tv show for the movie.

That's a little too chunky but otherwise good.

at least it ain't this

youtube.com/watch?v=tfx4YtGFuR8

They just ended a dinosaur tv series and it looked better than this

theres more

We could've also had these as toys.

Now hold on, since when did the coins give them super powers?

youtube.com/watch?v=eH9WmaK7iLs

for

Since always, Tommy got the Green ranger powers with just the coin, no Morpher.

the power comes from the coins

They turned my favorite Zord, the mastodon, into some gay bug. Im pretty butt hurt

The one in the middle looks a lot like the Tiger Megazord... mb they used this as inspiration?

I think he meant them being Twilight Vampires out of costume

Never, but people these days won't believe that a tech nerd inexplicably knows black belt kung fu

I have my SOC MagiKing so I'm good.