Post real life examples of libertarianism

Post real life examples of libertarianism

l will start

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-musk-subsidies-20150531-story.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kowloon_Walled_City
breitbart.com/big-government/2015/05/31/elon-musks-5-billion-in-govt-subsidies-helps-make-ends-meet/
youtube.com/watch?v=Lby9P3ms11w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

earn more money and you don't live like a serf, faggot.

I don't think you understand what libertarianism is...

Looks like something out of Judge Dredd

>implying there was anything wrong with that

>implying
latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-musk-subsidies-20150531-story.html

notice the absence of roads inside the libertarian paradise in my original picture

Ironically better than the surrounding area, given the conditions forced on them.

I see roads. But why do you need a road when there's so much population density. It's using space efficiently, so why do we need to have people drive long distances when everything they need is a short walk away?

I don't get any of the memes here on libertarianism and i consider myself libertarian. What's wrong with less government and taxes?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kowloon_Walled_City

Videos are worth checking out, that place was a maze

Okay

Reminds me of Sadr city east of Baghdad

Libertarianism doesn't mean less government, that's anarchy.
Libertarianism is the government imposing restrictions upon itself, rather than on the citizens.

it was supposedly run by gangs and the police wouldnt really go in there

That's not always a bad thing.
In a lot of places in Mexico and south America, the citizens feel more protected by the cartels than they do by the police. Just because you're a criminal doesn't mean you're worse than the people enforcing the law

in frances ghetto blocks too the police barely go in

That's because the French blocks are populated by niggers and Muslims.
Spics and Asians are objectively better

Early US history

How is less government different from government imposing restrictions upon itself?

>anarchy.
That means 'no' rulers/government.

are you confusing libertarianism with anarchy? Why is this so common?

breitbart.com/big-government/2015/05/31/elon-musks-5-billion-in-govt-subsidies-helps-make-ends-meet/

that looks comfy as fuck, must have it's own ecosystem or something

I wish I could have visited that when it was still there. It seems almost surreal like a video game setting.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lby9P3ms11w

This triggers the libertarian

>examples of libertarianism

>then posts a pic like that

What are you? some sort of idiot? Oh wait, your flag...

Liechtenstein

I was shooting heroin and reading “The Fountainhead” in the front seat of my privately owned police cruiser when a call came in. I put a quarter in the radio to activate it. It was the chief.

“Bad news, detective. We got a situation.”

“What? Is the mayor trying to ban trans fats again?”

“Worse. Somebody just stole four hundred and forty-seven million dollars’ worth of bitcoins.”

The heroin needle practically fell out of my arm. “What kind of monster would do something like that? Bitcoins are the ultimate currency: virtual, anonymous, stateless. They represent true economic freedom, not subject to arbitrary manipulation by any government. Do we have any leads?”

“Not yet. But mark my words: we’re going to figure out who did this and we’re going to take them down … provided someone pays us a fair market rate to do so.”

“Easy, chief,” I said. “Any rate the market offers is, by definition, fair.”

He laughed. “That’s why you’re the best I got, Lisowski. Now you get out there and find those bitcoins.”

“Don’t worry,” I said. “I’m on it.”

I put a quarter in the siren. Ten minutes later, I was on the scene. It was a normal office building, strangled on all sides by public sidewalks. I hopped over them and went inside.

“Home Depot™ Presents the Police!®” I said, flashing my badge and my gun and a small picture of Ron Paul. “Nobody move unless you want to!” They didn’t.

“Now, which one of you punks is going to pay me to investigate this crime?” No one spoke up.

DELETE THIS

Does anyone else's dick grow turgid at the thought of a nuke being set off directly above the center of that thing?

Would it collapse like a house of cards? Resist the overpressure similar to a bunker? What would the casualty figures be like, would it be 100% or would those at the bottom survive but find themselves buried under tons of radioactive rubble and abandoned to their fate by rescuers? My nipples will tortured to thoughts of this tonight.

“Come on,” I said. “Don’t you all understand that the protection of private property is the foundation of all personal liberty?”

It didn’t seem like they did.

“Seriously, guys. Without a strong economic motivator, I’m just going to stand here and not solve this case. Cash is fine, but I prefer being paid in gold bullion or autographed Penn Jillette posters.”

Nothing. These people were stonewalling me. It almost seemed like they didn’t care that a fortune in computer money invented to buy drugs was missing.

I figured I could wait them out. I lit several cigarettes indoors. A pregnant lady coughed, and I told her that secondhand smoke is a myth. Just then, a man in glasses made a break for it.

“Subway™ Eat Fresh and Freeze, Scumbag!®” I yelled.

Too late. He was already out the front door. I went after him.

“Stop right there!” I yelled as I ran. He was faster than me because I always try to avoid stepping on public sidewalks. Our country needs a private-sidewalk voucher system, but, thanks to the incestuous interplay between our corrupt federal government and the public-sidewalk lobby, it will never happen.

I was losing him. “Listen, I’ll pay you to stop!” I yelled. “What would you consider an appropriate price point for stopping? I’ll offer you a thirteenth of an ounce of gold and a gently worn ‘Bob Barr ‘08’ extra-large long-sleeved men’s T-shirt!”

He turned. In his hand was a revolver that the Constitution said he had every right to own. He fired at me and missed. I pulled my own gun, put a quarter in it, and fired back. The bullet lodged in a U.S.P.S. mailbox less than a foot from his head. I shot the mailbox again, on purpose.

“All right, all right!” the man yelled, throwing down his weapon. “I give up, cop! I confess: I took the bitcoins.”

“Why’d you do it?” I asked, as I slapped a pair of Oikos™ Greek Yogurt Presents Handcuffs® on the guy.

“Because I was afraid.”

“Afraid?”

“Afraid of an economic future free from the pernicious meddling of central bankers,” he said. “I’m a central banker.”

I wanted to coldcock the guy. Years ago, a central banker killed my partner. Instead, I shook my head.

“Let this be a message to all your central-banker friends out on the street,” I said. “No matter how many bitcoins you steal, you’ll never take away the dream of an open society based on the principles of personal and economic freedom.”

He nodded, because he knew I was right. Then he swiped his credit card to pay me for arresting him.

>This triggers the libertarian
Maybe, user... maybe.
But it's literally the government's fault. You want to see what a privately owned road looks like?

Kek

>computer money invented to buy drugs
yikes. underageb&

No user things like that are caused by zoning laws. Which are created and in forced by the government.

>neo-Sup Forums still thinks libertarianism means anarchy

never change trumpets

This story was quality

Screencapped it.
I agree.

>companies surviving entirely on government handouts
>libertarianism

*tips skull bandana*

they work.

Kwaloon city was actually a great example of Syndicalism not libertarianism

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kowloon_Walled_City
So this is largely what inspired Dejima from Ghost in the Shell. Neat.

>it's a 'people confuse anarcho-capitalism with libertarianism' episode

come on guys

>It wasnt muh real libertarianism!

it wasn't, you just don't know the difference.

Seems pretty comfy to me desu.

>implying anarcho-capitalism isn't the most fringe thing in the world

hot wheels.webm

what is going on with this wiggly ass road? is this a go kart track or something?

>tfw you live on a private road
feels good man

Holy shit he used the "muh roads" meme seriously.

i'd drive that highway

>taking your lada to the track to get away from you shitty ass apartment

hell yeah

It's an old meme.

See

top kek

give our flag back

Your flag comes from ours ;^^^^)

Kowloon Walled City was an example of anarchy, not libertarianism.

Looks like it came from the British....unless you think 1950 was before 1776

And that's entirely possible since your country's main exports are cheap T shirts and pedophilia

>>>>>american """""""reading comprehension""""""

i think you missed the point of that comic

Calvin doesn't understand supply and demand, and is undone by his ignorance

>feel more protected

>fair trial with a jury of peers
>vs.
>a fucking machete beheading

wew

ummm....how 'bout Somalia since 1991, does that count ?

Libertarian?

Yep. Minimal government, minimal regulation, free trade. It's the world's best example if libertarianism in action