EU bans claim that water can prevents dehydration

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/8897662/EU-bans-claim-that-water-can-prevent-dehydration.html

>Producers of bottled water are now forbidden by law from making the claim and will face a two-year jail sentence if they defy the edict, which comes into force in the UK next month.

>Last night, critics claimed the EU was at odds with both science and common sense. Conservative MEP Roger Helmer said: “This is stupidity writ large.

And then they say that UKs move to leave EU was stupid

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/8897662/EU-bans-claim-that-water-can-prevent-dehydration.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sane person: "If you're thirsty, drink some water."
EUSSR: "DEATH TO THE APOSTATE!"

Good goy, you don't need water.
Have beer instead.

This is just simple protectionism.

Most likely some big water bottling companies have lobbied the right people to pass legislation that only makes the "correct" labelling of bottles legal, effectively stopping the smaller competition.

Congrats EU

Christians and right wingers are the ones who are supposed to be anti-science...r..right?

Kek

>I had to read this four or five times before I believed it. It is a perfect example of what Brussels does best. Spend three years, with 20 separate pieces of correspondence before summoning 21 professors to Parma where they decide with great solemnity that drinking water cannot be sold as a way to combat dehydration.

this

also nice digits

This is actually real... Flippin hell

This is just their way of getting the public prepared to drink white European mens blood instead

I don't even think its funny anymore Straya. Its not even shitposting.

Did you miss the whole news where there is black market for Christian blood in ISIS?

With the amount of Jihad screaming lunies in Europe now i don't really think its a far stretch anymore.

What a fucking ride, what a time to be alive lads.

What the hell are they doing to the water?

They are stealing the 'wetness' for shekels.

This is the abstract of the ruling. I've read papers on physics and mathematics easier to understand than this. Fucking Brussels

>Following an application from Prof. Dr.Moritz Hagenmeyer and Prof. Dr.Andreas Hahn, submitted pursuant to Article 14 of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006 via the Competent Authority of Germany, the Panel on Dietetic Products, Nutrition and Allergies was asked to deliver an opinion on the scientific substantiation of a health claim related to water and reduced risk of development of dehydration and of concomitant decrease of performance. The scope of the application was proposed to fall under a health claim referring to disease risk reduction. The food, water, which is the subject of the health claim, is sufficiently characterised. The claimed effect is “regular consumption of significant amounts of water can reduce the risk of development of dehydration and of concomitant decrease of performance”. The target population is assumed to be the general population. The Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006 defines reduction of disease risk claims as claims which state that the consumption of a food “significantly reduces a risk factor in the development of a human disease”. Thus, for reduction of disease risk claims, the beneficial physiological effect results from the reduction of a risk factor for the development of a human disease. The Panel notes that dehydration was identified as the disease by the applicant. Dehydration is a condition of body water depletion. The Panel notes that the proposed risk factors, “water loss in tissues” or “reduced water content in tissues”, are measures of water depletion and thus are measures of the disease. The Panel considers that the proposed claim does not comply with the requirements for a disease risk reduction claim pursuant to Article 14 of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006

You have to buy hydro certificates to be considered hydrated. Eats up the 50% of wage the regional government isn't taking away to fund health care, pension and other gibs for Muhammad.

ONLY MY SPECIAL MAGICAL WATER CAN PREVENT DEHYDRATION, GOY. IT CAN BE YOURS FOR THE LOW, LOW PRICE OF $10.99/BOTTLE

The more I read it the more confusing it becomes. It's like a fusion of science, bureaucracy and kikery.

It sounds more like it's saying that dehydration is not a disease than water does not prevent dehydration.

Only dead can save us now.

kill yourself

bump

I think they mean that drinking water now does not prevent or make you less susceptible to dehydration in the future.

Which is technically correct.

Uhhhhhhhh

If you drink a lot of water before a hike, you'll be less likely to become thirsty during the hike.

It's kind of true. You need some salt with it or all that will happen is dilution of your electrolytes and hyponatremia.

>drinking the hydro jew

It can't prevent it. It simply solves it.

All that can be documented is that if you are dehydrated and drink water, you are no longer dehydrated.

However, if you remain hydrated and were drinking water at the time, all that can be said is that you are not dehydrated. The cause of the continued hydration could be any number of factors.

EU: But you need electrolytes, its got what plants need.

WARNING:
Do not become addicted to water.
It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence.

Kek smiles on the truth

oy vey

We can't have them goys drinking non-fluoridated water!

Only tap water will prevent dehydration

They don't have forced medication in the EU yet, they are trying to shill for why you should be mandated to take vaccines at the governments discretion, though.

>they actually discussed this shit

Remember the UN un-Nazi'd the world forever..

They atually put Fluoride on your tap water?

>It can't prevent it. It simply solves it.

If I drink a glass of water now, am I more likely, or less likely to become dehydrated in five minutes?

Some areas in the UK do

EU is being massively autistic, the prime function of big government.

For what? To keep your teeth clean? Fluoride is dangerous for consumption thats why we spit it out after brushing

remember, only Brawndo™ can truly prevent dehydration. It's got electrolytes, they're what plants crave!

Different concentrations; but I'm not totally disagreeing with you, would like more research on it and less hush.

>18 Nov 2011

It's just a ban on false advertising.

But your typical Sup Forums sheeple will just bark at anything EU related without a second thought.

Did you forget that facts are racist?

BAN ASSAULT WATER

THERE IS NO REASON YOU NEED A WATER BOTTLE LARGER THAN 1 LITER.

>Last night
i.e. 17 Nov. 2011

This was a non-story then, and it's a non-story now. Unfortunately, it's just this kind of made up bollocks that has driven my fellow countrymen to commit ritual sudoku.

Fucking good job Torygraph.

Water does prevent dehydration tho. I know Poland's education system is a bit of a joke, but come on.

I would like them to keep medication out of my food supply. Even if it's low, it is apparently high enough to have an desired effect, that means it is also high enough to have unwanted side effects, especially if you can't control the individual dosage.

It can prevent it. If you drink more water ahead of something physically strenuous you can last longer until you become dehydrated.

This is what they unironically do at airports. It's 500ml - but not in one assault bottle, only 5x100ml in a ziplock back :^)

Underrated

For the first time, I give props to the UK for leaving the EU.

EU confirmed retarded.

in the US too. Its benefits for dental health apparently outweigh small negative effects

Kys my man

in other news eating food doesn't solve hunger

at least read the article:

>“The EU is saying that this does not reduce the risk of dehydration and that is correct.
“This claim is trying to imply that there is something special about bottled water which is not a reasonable claim.”

EU prevented water producers from Jewing you by trying to tell you their magical bottled water does miracles.

>“water loss in tissues” or “reduced water content in tissues”, are measures of water depletion and thus are measures of the disease.

but they use that terminology themselves to describe dehydration

Nobody is stupid enough to think water is anything but a basic necessity. Are they?

>telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/8897662/EU-bans-claim-that-water-can-prevent-dehydration.html

The public is just as stupid is the problem.

never underestimate human stupidity

I guess the EU is banning this because they want to protect people with an IQ of 60

dont try reasoning with them, most a children that dont understand how labeling laws work

Ah, the ever ready wit of the Brexiteer. It's so refreshing. I can almost taste the new British renaissance*.

*Terms and conditions apply. Use of the term British does not necessarily include Scotland, NI or Gibraltar.

Yeah goy our government has our best interests at heart

>7.7% or Europeans can't into water

Here's is what the claim actually was, as presented in the EU's ruling.

>The claimed effect is “regular consumption of significant amounts of water can reduce the risk of development of dehydration and of concomitant decrease of performance”.
Wow! I'm so glad the EU "protected" me from being jewed by such blatantly false claims. How could I ever recover from such a thorough jewing?!

Thank you, EU!

The fact that there is still a percentage that agrees on EU bothers me

Yes, there are enough dumb people out there everywhere.
Europeans like nanny-state approach by regulating everything whereas in US company would be sued by some dumbass that believed what the label claimed.
Different means to the same end.

>everything anybody does that is not directly connected to me is a nefarious plot

>trying this hard on Sup Forums
This isn't Twitter.

But they're not claiming that water cures cancer, or doubles the length of your cock. They're saying that their product can help if you're dehydrated. This shouldn't be a debate, much less a ruling.

>the jury is still out on water
I love Europe

>This isn't Twitter
No shit? Well, with razor sharp minds like yours, I'm sure Brexit is in good hands.

Prof Brian Ratcliffe, spokesman for the Nutrition Society, said dehydration was usually caused by a clinical condition and that one could remain adequately hydrated without drinking water.
He said: “The EU is saying that this does not reduce the risk of dehydration and that is correct.
“This claim is trying to imply that there is something special about bottled water which is not a reasonable claim.”

Dr.Moritz (((Hagenmeyer))) and Prof. Dr.Andreas (((Hahn)))

yes but their reasoning is that the general public (who are stupid unlike the master race EU globalists) will think this means that bottled water in particular is special and that they should buy it

and I bet they would be correct in the case of extremely stupid people

This.
Only smartest post in the thread.

Over-consumption of water can kill you through severe swelling and brain malfunction.
At average, it gives annoying headaches, weakness, confusion and dizziness.

Over-consumption is actually quite common in groups of people.
Especially people that exercise.
You'd think all those fucking electrolyte sports drinks would be popular with them, but it seems they are just as retarded as the people that drink electrolyte drinks and DON'T work out. (which is making many people chronically ill)

mainlanders are autistic

And they wonder why we voted leave

>producer of water
God?

this. Supposedly their intention was to prevent bottlers from making health claims on any "protective" property of water. Still stupid though

Jesus, what the fuck happened to buyer beware? And why not publicly state that all water (besides salt water) can stop dehydration if they're going this far?

As long as the label claims benefits not confirmed by scientific research it's false advertising and it's likely to be be:
-banned by regulation in EU with fine paid to governments
-sued the shit out of in US with compensation paid to lawyers

Do they actually disinfect pinoy water?

please drink 1 gallon of distilled water so we dont have to face your existence anymore.

what alternative did they propose?

>As long as the label claims benefits not confirmed by scientific research
Holy shit! I found the guy who replied "the jury is still out on water" in this poll.

>implying you would feel well after drinking a gallon of tap water
As long as you eat food you can't get electrolyte imbalance from drinking distilled water, in usual amounts.

t. Merkel

A. Education

>they literally have to have a meeting to confirm water is wet
>this shit isn't onion
>mfw i can't wake up

It's a blanket term, I'm sure your globalist overlords could be more specific than I care to be for a stranger who I'll never meet.

>Americans don't know how to water

I'm still not awake from this dream

Well hello there armies of rapefugees with an IQ of below 60

except thats fuckin true

god damn, did any of you fucks pay attention in school

Brb, filing a multimillion dollar claim against water companies

I gotta ask, what is up with the tap water in Florida? I went there last year and had some fountain water, later my stomach was in alot of pain.

>Companies add some meme buzzwords to fucking water bottles with health benefits like "prevents dehydration"
>Retards too stupid to realize that this means nothing
>Retards now only buying the """""health benefit""""" water

It's consumer protection for very stupid people.

Nothing to see here.