Did he really commit a genocide?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worcester_v._Georgia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The target needs to be human for it to be genocide.

No. That's preposterous. Only 4000 people died on the Trail of Tears. That's less than a thousand more than died on 9/11. Was 9/11 genocide?

He broke the Constitution and should be eternally shamed nonetheless.

>"John Marshall has made his decision; now let him enforce it!"
>"...the decision of the Supreme Court has fell still born, and they find that they cannot coerce Georgia to yield to its mandate"
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worcester_v._Georgia

No, genocide would have been massacring them instead of letting them walk the trail

Eh. Injuns died. Nothing of value was lost.
Proof: Look at reservations today. They have gone nowhere, even with being subsidized out the crapper.

The accusations of genocide are hugely overblown. That being said, Jackson did defy the Supreme Court and caused a decade long depression by refusing to renew the Second US Bank. The ensuing economic chaos hurt the common people, whom Jackson had claimed to champion, the most.

This all being said, he was a hardcore unionist. He was the first US President to deal with a serious secession crisis and handled it crudely though ably. He understood the danger of regional sectionalism and despite being a southerner he almost certainly would have supported the Union in the civil war had he lived another 20 years. He also founded the Democratic party and a popular movement that would dominate the country for nearly 30 years.

one of my favorite presidents desu.

who point of the trail of tears was to prevent a genocide. manifest destiny killed the bow benders.

This is actually true. It was a shit situation but the natives would have been fucked even harder had they stayed in the Southeast.

Agree

No, smallpox did, all by itself.

>broke the Constitution
lololol you're the loser that things anyone ever care d about it in the first place.

The economic chaos was partly caused by Nicholas Biddle on purpose, to blame it on Jackson and create a public call to return deposits to the bank.

"Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the Eternal God, I will rout you out." - Andrew Jackson

He actually saved those tribes from the genocide that the local settlers were about to bring down on them. Those particular injuns were being incredible dickbags and after several rebuffed pleas to the state and federal governments for intervention, they just politely informed the authorities that they were organizing a genocide-posse. That's when Jackson finally sent a contingent to relocate the belligerents.
You can only break ceasefires without warning so many times before the other guys stop looking for peaceful solutions and just decide to solve you.

>intend to rout you out, and by the Eternal God, I will rout you out
if he only knew the state of affair, would make a nice president for all eras.

Is fumigating my house Genocide?

THE ETERNAL YANK

He prevented Americans from war. He knew there was no way to prevent American farmers to expand into indian territory so he did the literal only thing he could have done. If he hadn't removed the Indians, then settlers would have gotten into territorial disputes to draw the country into the war (It was already happening prior to the removal).

He also tried to ensure that the removal was as safe and peaceful as possible. It was the cherokee's own refusal to over their chiefs that led to many of them being left behind and suffering harsh conditions.

Jackson was the best president the country has ever had. Which says a lot about how shitty the presidents have been

No.
1. Jackson was trying to do the Five Tribes a favor. The Supreme Court has just taaen a major shit on thei land rights and the best thing for them by far was to be settled on federal lands out west and allowed to transition to a Westernized lifestyle in a slighly more autonomous fashion.
2. There aren't any death records or contemporaneous accounts of significant numbers of deaths backing up the figure og 4 or 5 thousand that you hear. Literally there were just some discrepancies between the headcounts taken at different points in the Removal, his opponents decided it must have been mass starvation or whatever, and that was that.
I'm not saying that it wasn't a harsh process and it stands to reason that there was some increased mortality, but the "5000 died" thing is a complete asspull and people make it out like they would have gotten to stay in the Southeast if not for Jackson, when that's a complete lie.

>Marshal court
>set the president for 200 years of judicial political advocacy
Pick two. Marshall destroyed this country.

>That's less than a thousand more than died on 9/11.

nigga what

Trail o tears < 9/11 + 1000

>unsourced quote

Worcester v. Georgia had nothing to do with Jackson.

no, the trail of tears happened after he left office and barely qualifies as a "genocide".

the Indian tribes owned slaves, btw. they aren't innocent people.

Also the indian tribes would not exist if Andrew Jackson did not move them further west, because the Indians would have sold all their land to the white man and evaporated as a people.

Indians wanted special privileges, a state within a state, where land could not be sold to non indians. So of course they had to move them to less desirable land for that privilege.

no time, no court, no crime.

> Did he really commit a genocide?

What the fuck? No, are you referring to the trail of tears?

Hello Hillary.

>4000 people died on the Trail of Tears

that number has never had any actual evidence behind it. It's only repeated by lefty historians without proper sourcing. It literally comes from discrepancies in a census taken of the cherokee in georgia and a census taken nearly a decade later in oklahoma. somehow the differing population must have been GENOCIDE.

Do you guys think the small pox blankets were actually true?

My Hero. The Man with the Plan.

Andrew "The Exterminator" Jackson.

No, read a history book. We went to war with the Indians, they lost the war and we removed them from their land. That's pretty much it folks.

It's been proved to be a hoaxy urban legend that's never been substantiated.

Even if he did, I don't care.

>smallpox comes from 2 strains of viruses.
>Viruses were first discovered in the 1890s.

The idea that whites "knowingly" gave virus-ridden blankets to kill of injuns is a ol' wives tale (((conveniently))) fabricated.

No. They were turned into blankets and bars of soap.

another (((fabrication))) for the express purpose of vilification

no I wish he did though

When vaccines were first discovered, the US government implemented an innoculation program against smallpox specifically for the Native American population. Why does no one speak about that?

>No, read a history book. We went to war with the Indians, they lost the war and we removed them from their land. That's pretty much it folks.
I don't know what "history book" describing it as one war that you are referring to chemosuavey. People were defending themselves against invaders taking their food and land.

And we took their wimminz.

This

>666
>80085

BOOBS LMAO ebin :D XD

Jackson saved the redskins from being slaughtered by white colonists.

No he just got rid of some injuns who got in our way.

Because leftist faggots run everything.

sup philly boi

ok hamilton faggot stop reading wikipedia and go to a library. jackson didnt cause the depression the banks caused it. jackson and martin van buren highly supported a hard currency while the banks wanted paper currency to rule so they signed out giant loans for people who could not afford to rtepay and crashed the system. go read a book you dumb dindu cunt