Why are Americans so fucking fat??

Why are Americans so fucking fat??

How have Asian countries manage to keep obesity levels down??

Even though Korea and Japan have been wealthy 1st world countries for several decades with branches of Starbucks and McDonalds etc. they never developed obesity problems like America or Europe, so it simply isn't down to being unable to afford food or the lack of fast food being available.
What is it about those countries that keeps them so slim, is it cultural, biological, both?
What can the West learn from them?

Other urls found in this thread:

vox.com/2016/4/28/11518804/weight-loss-exercise-myth-burn-calories
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In Asia they freely shame people for being fat, but in the West, fat shaming is considered unacceptable for what ever reason.

They put crazy shit in our food. I'm not saying we're not lazy and eat too much anyway, but super obese people look like they're covered in gigantic tumors. That's got to be a result of growth hormones or some shit. I mean look at photos of "The Fat Man" from old timey circuses. They're nowhere near as fat as the fucking human blobs you see now. I've even had a few Japanese friends who were normal sized but ballooned up when they moved here.

in asia it's perfectly ok to be a hungery skeleton. here it's viewed as weak.

in asia u be lucky to eat rat

There's this culture that we're far to busy to actually take time to eat healthy foods. Frozen meals extremely high in carbs, combined with very lazy lifestyles has made it very easy for calories in to be much much higher than calories out. Asia seems like the people are in general more active, and as far as I know their diets are healthier. That's just a guess, i dont know any asians

>defending a country full of obese lardasses

This is why. Fucking hicks embarrassing us.

wtf this can't be real

There are more Japanese fatties than you think.

Culture. In Japan they fire you if you're a fat cunt

I don't like going outside because it's so depressing seeing all the fat people. I don't believe the statistics, it has to be something like 75% of Americans are fat. Although I suppose it could be thrown off because I live in a southern city

you should leave then go to china

This is my own opinion, but my parents always had the mentality that you needed to finish your plate, whether you were hungry or not.

I could sit down at 6pm for dinner, having eaten my last morsel of food at noon, and needed to fight with my parents because I refused to eat once I got full. They thought I was playing some kind of "control" game with them, which is odd, because it wasn't fun for either side.

I'm 145 lbs at 5'10", and I still just eat when I'm hungry, whenever that may be. Tupperware allows me to save my food for when I'm hungry again. But you have to fight every single day for years and years to not constantly over eat.

Asian Americans I know eat really healthy and exercise on the regular even if it's just taking a walk. Others literally don't do a damn thing about being in shape unless they're into fitness

Alcohol also plays a large role in that. Gotta pick up a couple 30 packs for the big game this weekend.

>How have Asian countries manage to keep obesity levels down??
they fat shame hard

cos u get massive portions of food at american restaurants.

also, why 2 cheeseburgers with a cheeseburger meal? 1 is enough, thanks.

i think obesity is a prob for most wealthy countries. it's becoming a problem for aus kids too.

I'm not fat or obese but it was often a constant white guilt saying around the house and I'm fairly certain it is with a lot of Americans.

>Children are starving in Ethiopia, you better eat your fucking food.

Everyone else has the right answers. Our food is high in carbohydrates. We're a lazy nation. We can't fat shame anymore. Nobody understand nutrition because our education is fucked. Cheap food is unhealthy since it's subsidized. YOLO, ect.

Solution. Put the cheese burgers together. Bam, double cheeseburger.

We have the most active gyms per capita than any other country by far...

Americans are not fat. I have lived in America my whole life and I rarely see fat people. I'm 5 foot 8, 225 pounds and in the best shape of my life

I do this but remove the extra buns. That's how it's done in burgerland to stay fit. Quite literally all it takes these days if you're not a complete depressed faggot that can't quit shoving down skittles by the bag...

Their diet is carb dense so they probably have genetic shit that increses metabolism

I'm 6'0 160 and feel fat constantly.

You must be one bulky mother-fucker (in a good way). Glad you're doing/feeling well user.

from what i've seen Asians eat a lot healthier. I see a lot of fish, vegetables and soups with noodles. In america it's a burger, pasta, pizza, heavy meats and barely any exercise. Also factory farming is a serious problem. there should be a class in public schools on how to grow your own food. I think that is also why Asians looks so young sometimes. Now the media is against criticizing anyone who is overweight and it's stupid.

kek. what if they're already doubles to start? that's too much fuggin food man!

Exercise generally doesn't contribute to weight loss

vox.com/2016/4/28/11518804/weight-loss-exercise-myth-burn-calories

exact same here, I too feel like a fat piece of shit on a daily basis

Underrated reason. There's no culture in America other than getting together and watching 'the big game' every weekend. There's a big game on every damn weekend too.

Also, I've worked in Corporate America before and they pretty much "fit-shame" as sad as that sounds, at least on the corporate drone bottom level. Of course, you notice that the higher level managers and executives are usually in great shape but the worker bees will pretty much shame you if you bring in healthy food every day.

I have land out here in the country and it's much much better. Guys out here are alpha as fuck the problem is mainly in the cities where you have overgrown man children flipping you off in traffic on their way to slave for their Jewish overlords and then drowning themselves in beer and shitty pizza as soon as they clock out at 5.

>>There's no culture in America

Had to double meme arrow because you're so stupid.

>Well this is strange, Gl'zeep. We have been all around this planet, we've got a good idea of how all of their societies work, but there's this one...
>What do you mean there's "this one?"
>This one over here. See these lines? The ones inside these lines have no culture.
>What do you mean they have no culture? That's like saying you don't have an accent.
>We can't explain it. Our top xenobiologists have been working on this since we've discovered this phenomenon. It seems to defy all reason.

Working all day, sitting in front of a computer, high stress, eating terrible food in front of TV for rest of day. What do you expect?
I'm guessing in Asia, they have higher metabolisms is what I heard. They probably get more exercise too.

freedom weighs extra

Bunch of lazy stupid fuckers with no discipline. We also drive literally everywhere, our portion sizes are humongous and our food is garage. You can tell how much money has been made from an American by how fat and disgusting they look. We are just fat money sacks surrounded by colorful advertising and were never taught any better.

>higher metabolisms
Metabolism is just another term for total daily energy expenditure.

It's a myth that you can just "have a higher metabolism" without having a lifestyle and/or body composition that has a higher TDEE.

Calories burnt while doing fuck all are going to be the same amongst people who have similar body composition and lifestyle.

Also, at least in China, gyms and fitness in general are something that not many people take part in. Older people will often engage in light to medium cardio as well as light group exercise and stretching.

Over eating in china isn't as commonplace as it is in the US in general, however this is changing.

Please return to Reddit.com

Fat people are disgusting

good point

Actually most asians don't care about fitness and think white people are too obsessed with it. My family can eat anything we want and still don't get fat

The real question is how spics and niggers on welfare can get fat

Because Japan and Korea are based

Well, I got fat off my college's buffet-style cafeteria.

I don't know how morons who can't get into college get fat.

>Cheap
>No-skill preparation (Ready to eat)
>Healthy

Pick two.

>Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Bob Hope, Old Westerns, Apple Pie, Baseball

We had a culture, when our people had a country.

They still enjoy cultural food which means cooking instead of take out

Ass loads of sugar in everything, go order an iced coffee from dunkin donuts, then take a look at the inch thick layer of sugar at the bottom of the cup.

Asian people have higher metabolism so they are much less likely to become fat , also traditionally their food is much healthier with more vegetables unless fact and redmeat and such things .

where you at country user? nashville reporting in

They have 100% private "healthcare"
>When I go to a hospital, I am considered a 1993 Chevy Corsica by my Goobermint

fat shaming in china every drama has the token fat guy who's the butt of every joke

Being fat is a disease. How can westerner not know that? I thought nations of the west are more educated??

Two main reasons:
A) Traditionally we have rice with everything instead of chips, and watery 0-calorie soup as an appetiser rather than anything that contains lard.
B) Chinese are the Jews of the East. We just don't eat as much, because food costs money.

Jews poisoned food supply

because in asia you are shamed and looked down on if you are fat and nobody wants that so they stay slim.

Not to mention they don't hold back and there is none of this "body possitivity" bullshit either.

Niggers. Remove them, and the USA drops hard in bmi

I've seen a lot of fat white guys too.

You can't fucking read.

I'm fat because I sit sit while I commute to and from work where I sit staring at a monitor all day before going home to drink like a fish and sit in front of another screen. Pretty much the 'Murican way, I think. Doesn't have anything to do with what I eat, because I actually eat pretty healthy and burn so few calories I might be able to get away with not eating at all if alcohol just had a tiny bit more nutrition.

I think Asians think our food is too salty, like it's good once in a while but not a daily driver

Problem with Asian and Hispanic food is they're way too much carbs, Mexican dishes do taste good with corn based flour but damn it's half or more carbs

Liberalism, teaches children that being morbidly obese is somehow just as healthy as being athletic.