Soccer is for pussies

>"You do not show pain; that's the maxim, that's the code that ties in the locker room," Baker said. "This is not soccer. There is no yellow card that comes out. You don't lie on the ground for 20 minutes, then hop up and start running again. You have to have respect for the game, for the guys that came before you. You have to show respect to the guys that faced Bob Gibson without wearing a helmet. I am wearing an arm guard at the plate and a helmet that can take [the] 100 mph impact of a fastball. Ty Cobb didn't wear that helmet or those pads. Ty Cobb didn't rub it. There is a code of masculinity that exists in this game."

Face it shitlords, your "game" is for children

Other urls found in this thread:

espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/8195515/what-feels-get-hit-pitch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>"You don't lie on the ground for 20 minutes, then hop up and start running again."
you don't have to, considering you don't even run once every 20 minutes in baseball

please explain what the code of masculinity in fucking BASEBALL is. injecting roids in your teammate's ass in the showers doesn't count.

>'play' 11 minutes completely covered with protection and a bike helmet
>w-we are n-not faggots, I swear, we are very brave!
lmao

soccer is for pussies

>You have to show respect to the guys that faced Bob Gibson without wearing a helmet.
>by wearing a helmet

>11 minutes
wrong
>completely protected
Besides the helmet there is no protection. Just a cloth shirt and some pants. Do you know how fast those balls are thrown? Do you even realize how much damage a baseball can do to someone?

this guy's brain must be a mess, this entire thought is incoherent and disconnected

Jesus Christ. I never thought I'd see someone waxing lyrical about the 'code of masculinity' in baseball; one of the least combative sports out there.

Next you'll be calling cricket a gladiatorial sport.

>this isn't soccer, we aren't pussies blah blah blah
>then talks about how he wears armor
??

meanwhile you can get tossed out of a game for daring to block the plate

breh he fucking mentioned arm guards in the quote. they also occasionally wear shin guards now.

i took plenty of 80-90+ MPH shots as a lacrosse goalie in my HS days. the size and density of the ball are very comparable to a baseball's. never broke anything worse than bones in my hands. if there's some kind of freak damage a fastball can do to the human body protected by a jock and a helmet, please elaborate

players have died, eye's dislodged. A pitch to the face where the helmet doesn't protect.

I fully agree soccer is a bit of a pussy sport but its hard to take you seriously when you pretend baseball isn't either.

ITT: Single soccer mom raised soyboys who were shoved into lockers by Chad in high school

players have died in soccer, too. players have died in just about every sport where you can be impacted by something harder than a whiffle ball.

You ever play baseball? Nothing in any other sport is scarier than a pitcher getting nailed right in the face from a batted ball. There is no time to react its simply buzzing at you too fast.

Daily reminder that NFLcucks are not allowed to make fun of soccer anymore.

*kneels disgracefully towards you*

It used to be a very tough sport and was very dirty.

Wtf I hate football now

this diving and rolling around the floor only came around the 70s and 80s when fifa made drastic rule changes. Go watch fifa clips in the 60s and youll see how physical it was back then compared to now

I'll read your post right after your cringe against racism song ends

What exactly would a baseball player have to gain from simulating or exaggerating pain?

Footballers don't do that out of some dedication to a code of effeminacy. They do it because they're trying to draw harsh punishments for the opponent or elicit a tactically desirable stoppage in play. It's annoying to see that sort of thing but it's nothing to do with masculinity and everything to do with gamesmanship.

It only works because there is a very real risk of injury in football. I've seen players break their legs, break their ankles, get carried off the pitch on stretchers. The officiating has changed over the years in response to that and that in turn has led to a change in the behaviour of the players.

why cant Officials punish obvious fakers? Seems like it would prevent a lot of that crap no one likes to see

Each year, hospital emergency rooms see more than 95,000 baseball-related injuries. On the average, three to four people, usually children, die from baseball injuries annually.Most serious injuries come from getting hit with a baseball or a baseball bat, particularly on the head, eyes or chest. Baseball leads the way in sports injuries to the eyes.

Also, here's the article from the OP
espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/8195515/what-feels-get-hit-pitch