Jerwin Ancajas vs Jamie Conlan
Zolani Tete vs Siboniso Gonya

>Saturday November 25 - HBO US
Sergey Kovalev vs Vyacheslav Shabranskyy
Sullivan Barrera vs Felix Valera

Other urls found in this thread:

boxingscene.com/joshua-takam-ratings-334k-live-telecast-309k-replay--121982
youtube.com/watch?v=h62CKyf4khc
boxingnewsonline.net/bermane-stiverne-i-could-have-died-from-severe-dehydration-suffered-during-deontay-wilder-fight/
wbcboxing.com/wbceng/news/9536-wbc-ruling-regarding-luis-nery
youtube.com/watch?v=VquxDEienR8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

tyson fury desu

Joshua vs Takam only 334k viewers on Showtime, half of the Klitschko fight
boxingscene.com/joshua-takam-ratings-334k-live-telecast-309k-replay--121982

do you guys think someones fighting style reflects his character?

of course it does. Counterpunchers are generally pussies, sneaky traitorous people.

That's pretty bad.
I have Showtime but I didn't wanna bother using the TV and I wanted to watch the full card so I just used and Acestream.

did you just reply to yourself?

no, you mong.

The Klitschko fight did even better on HBO during the prime time replay. I believe it did 900. He really should make the switch, HBO has more subscribers

Wilder deserves 60%

I thought our sport was dead? Now they want thse monster slurping white bois

Sup Forums: Wilder
Reddit: Fury
Casual Shitters: AJ

Dwyer: Joseph Parker

Don King must have major dirt of some kind on Sulaiman, how the fuck is it even possible Stiverne is mandatory for a belt he lost 2 fights ago and a 2 year layoff?

>tyson fury will keep on tricking (you) into making you think hes coming back

IVE BEEN HURT TOO MANY TIMES

idk man, in his recent video he's speed-walking pretty fast.
Also talking some shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=h62CKyf4khc

He should just comeback as he is, 30stone Fury would KO everyone

Hey monster is good stuff
The white can is at least

In reference Wilder-Stiverne 1 averaged 1.24 million viewers, the fourth best fight in Showtime history.

Dunno why the Brits keep asserting that Wilder is an unknown in the USA.
Against Washington, a complete nobody earlier this year, he averaged 1.76 million on FOX, this fight was on at the same time as the Bulls vs Cavs game too. That's Wilder's lowest ratings so far on Cable TV, which is only slightly worse than any of the UFC cards on FOX so far this year (And above the average for that Mighty Mouse card earlier this year).
Against Arreola he averaged 2.54 viewers, about as good as you can do on FOX for combat sports (UFC's best FOX card did just under 3 mil average views).
Against Duhaupas he average 2.34 million on NBC.

If the fight happens in America I feel like the purse split shouldn't be in favor of Joshua, either 50/50 or in favor of Wilder.
I think Wilder should chase a fight with Miller while Joshua fucks around not wanting to fight him just so he solidifies his American viewership even more.

Say what you want about Don but his fighters are and always have been in the biggest and best possible fights available to them.

*loses to a grill sales man*

Because Joshua sold 1m pay per views for 1 fight and sells out 90k stadiums. I much prefer Wilder and would love to see him KO AJ but it's clear who the bigger draw is.

there is literally not more than 2 important fights for the rest of the year, and theres a card every single week .

1. loma / rigo
2. bjs/lemieux

what's with Fury's voice?

that's what snorting a shit load of coke will get you

well, because the rest of the year was ridiculously stacked. I would struggle naming my top 5 favorite fights this year, cause there's more than enough contenders.

I said IF the fight happens in America.
Joshua's best showing on American Premium TV is 659k against Klitschko, now hes only pulled 334k viewers which is abysmal.

He can sell 1 million $20 PPVs in Britain and fill seats at Wembley, that wont mean all that much if they're fighting on American PPV in an American venue. Wilder is undoubtedly a MUCH bigger draw in the USA considering he drew twice as much fighting Stiverne than AJ did against Klitschko. 4x as much as AJ's pull against Takam.

Only thing Wilder doesn't have going for him is that he's not a big draw in gate.

Am i a pleb for not being into the AJ hype?

People say Wilder only fights bums, but he has nearly twice the amount of wins and AJ has only fought one champ worthy guy and he is well past his prime.

Heavy weight really has not got anyone special anymore.

Lad, there is literally an entire (and very lengthy{ section of the WBC's wikipedia called "The WBC and Don King" They've been in his pocket forever.

>Am i a pleb for not being into the AJ hype?

No, that's about the most entry level boxing opinion for anyone who isn't a casual there is. It's undeniable he's great to watch though, even if you don't buy into the Sky hype machine.

>In reference Wilder-Stiverne 1 averaged 1.24 million viewers, the fourth best fight in Showtime history.

Showtime seems to have lost more than half of its boxing-watching subscribers since then though. They put on a lot of nice shows this year and the ratings have been awful across the board

no, more their gym and natural physical attributes

t. massive spotty pleb

the avg brit knows who joshua is, the average american doesn't know who wilder is

We'll have to see how Wilder-Stiverne 2 does then.
I think it will do about as much as the 154 Triple Header a couple of weeks ago.
A lot of people who would have tuned in for the first one probably wont tune in for this rematch because of the replacement for Ortiz and the fact that Stiverne doesn't stand a chance, but even in spite of that it should do well.

Keep in mind only a year after Wilder-Stiverne, AJ only pulled 289k against Breazeale on Showtime.

Does the British school system not teach you reading comprehension? I'm comparing their drawing power in America because the bout (In this hypothetical) happens in AMERICA.

A good amount of black Americans can recognize Wilder, he's a big enough of a figure that hes made appearances on big hip-hop shows and radio shows. Historically hes drawn well on his one Showtime appearance and drawn well in all of his Cable appearances despite fighting some pretty bum-y fighters.

Joshua can do as well as he wants to in England, what matters is how he does in America.

why does how he do in america matter at all?
joshua makes 10x more than wilder but america is important?

you're irrelevant kiddo

Are you retarded or just shitposting?

Reminder that Stiverne was fucked for the first Wilder fight. Don King WILL rule the heavyweight division again.

boxingnewsonline.net/bermane-stiverne-i-could-have-died-from-severe-dehydration-suffered-during-deontay-wilder-fight/

>be heavyweight
>dehydrate yourself anyway

hmm yes indeed

Time slots are a major factor when comparing the ratings. Less people will watch a fight in the afternoon than they would at night. Like says the Wlad/Joshua replay on HBO at night did much better than it did live on Showtime. If Joshua were to come to the states and fight someone like Miller, it would definitely surpass and numbers Wilder does.

Wilder has shit promotion compared to the matchroom/sky/Showtime/Under Armour/Beats machine Joshua has behind him

BIG STIFF IDIOT
STRUGGLED WITH A MIDGET

Which Liam is the better Liam, /box/?

Off the top of your head name them.

>Like 79376248 says the Wlad/Joshua replay on HBO at night did much better than it did live on Showtime.

HBO has a MUCH MUCH larger subscriber base than Showtime, that's not a good comparison at all. It also only did 738,000 average on HBO, which is very underwhelming for a fight of that magnitude on HBO.

If Joshua fought in America he definitely wouldn't break the 1.2 million of Wilder-Stiverne, even if he were on HBO.

Got his windpipe crushed during sparring for Klitch II is what I heard. I don't follow Fury but I think it matches up as he went completely silent after pulling out.

my memory is organized by divions, so there you go
hw: Joshua Klitschko, Whyte Chisora
cw: Gassiev Lebedev
lhw: desu only Ward Kovalev 2, despite division being stacked
smw: Degale Jack
mw: GGG Canelo, GGG Jacobs
jmw: Hurd Trout
welter: Spence Brook, Thurman Garcia
slw: Bud Indongo (ok, not a "great" fight, but a meaningful one), Garcia Broner
135: Linares Campbell was good
130: not much going on there
126: -
122: -
118: -
115: NIESH Chocolatito 2, Cuadras Estrada
the rest: dont follow

so many that I'm forgetting some, but these are on the top off my head, some may be took place at the end of 2016, so I could be slightly wrong.

whyte chisora was 2016

oh, Santa Cruz - Frampton 2 at 122, isn't it? But that one wasn't too interesting for me, both lack power. I could also argue that Degale Jack wasn't that amazing (both lacked something 'special') and Garcia Broner was a bit of a disappointment because of Broner.

Fair enough, but you can see my point. This year was stacked. If I were to pick just one single favorite fight I would go with Brook Spence, I think we saw a top P4P in the making right there against a quality welterweight, which is traditionally the most stacked division. GGG Canelo was also amazing, but it lacked one or two knockdowns to raise the intrigue. Ward Kovalev 2 was great, but the referee stoppage was way too early. Joshua Klitchko was also on par with Brook Spence but Klitchko was clearly out of his prime.

>Sup Forums: Wilder
>Reddit: Fury

The fuck are you talking about?

Fury is /ourguy/ and AJ is the ultimate reddit HW.

Gassiev vs Lebedev was December 2016 FYI

lmao, Reddit hate AJ since he's liked by the casuals and like Fury since he's the more hipster choice and they all have to pretend to enjoy boring technical UDs to seem intelligent for imaginary internet points

Wilder is the Sup Forums choice, big mouth, big power, non-stop fun and a complete meme. Not a tryhard bore like Fury.

not thinking AJ is great is one thing, I can get that. He is hyped

but if you're genuinely trying to claim you don't like watching him fight you're a massive contrarian butt-hurt bitch

he sparks out almost every single person he comes up against, whats not to like

ok, then we should add Berchelt Vargas, I was so sure that one was 2016, but its actually 2017. And NIESH Chocolatito 1 was also in 2017.

The Klitschko fight was great and the Takam and Whyte fights were 7/10. Everything else has been trash. Plenty of fighters out there have that average level of quality.

*tips*

he's kind of right. I kind of like the Charles Martin fight as well, but beyond that AJ is only memorable for beating oldman Klitchko.

wbcboxing.com/wbceng/news/9536-wbc-ruling-regarding-luis-nery

don't worry about doping if you're mexican lmao just do whatever the fuck you want

I hate this little Mexican rat fuck, hope Yamanacka fights a clean Nery this time and destroys him

>say he's clean
>also order a rematch

What the fuck kind of logic is this? They really do just make up whatever rule they fancy on the day.

Fuck off lad Gorga Tys are lad.

Alkyhol and cigarettes will do that to you.

Lmao considering they probably paid more than 1.5M to get the US rights (HBO offered 1.6 for Pulev and Showtime eventually outbid them, maybe after the change of opponent they paid a bit less) thats pretty shit

Wilder (like most pbc fights that land there) cant even sell out a 20k people Barclay center. AJ sold out 150k tickets in the last two fights and probably sold over 2M ppv

rigondeaux

SpiderMan knows....

>Wilder (like most pbc fights that land there) cant even sell out a 20k people Barclay center. AJ sold out 150k tickets in the last two fights and probably sold over 2M ppv
Oh, look, another European with zero reading comprehension.
Is this just an endemic problem over there?

It is.

so besides Canelo, who else could become a payperview draw in the sates?

I can't think of any of them. All the top tier talent has no fan base. None will be PPV draws. All the elite talent is either non-american or has a shit personality and will never get buys.

Charlos could if they continue to win.
Big if on that though. Jermell has been outboxed by decent fighters at best in the past, same with Jermall, and now hes jumped in with the sharks at Middleweight.

Crawford if he beats Pacquiao this year and then Thurman/Spence next year

Wilder after he unifies the heavyweight division

Charlos are a maybe, they need to get some big fights tho.

Unless he is in Major fights, no chance. He is cool and a good fighter, but he won't be a PPV star, not enough personality
Same with crawford

only potential ppv star I could agree with if he attempted to unify. Joshua, snd Fury all big fights, but they would probably be bigger in the UK, and therefore not on PPV in the states.

well it's like 1/10th of the Wlad fight so it's not so bad

What I don't get is that these MMA bums are all over podcasts and other media selling themselves and their brand while American boxers don't do shit

Clearly not helping them though considering their PPV sales and TV ratings are shit this year, whereas boxing is doing extraordinarily well.

I could heem every single one of you fags

Remember /box/, don't bite obvious bait.
You know what happens when you do.

Another sucker

The old cliche about promoters being dinosaurs is unfortunately true. The UFC also has the advantage of being a big corporate tent that a lot of things fall under and they have a lot of well-greased business connections they can leverage

Thurman could easily be a big ppv star now that he's fought twice in 3 million viewer fights. But he only wants to be on free tv. And that's why he is /ourguy/

Good thing people like Eddie "The Hitman" Hearn is taking over the world with Matchroom

I wouldn't rule out a Haymon/UFC alliance, they just worked together on Mayweather-McGregor and are struggling to keep their respective business models afloat. Some sort of joint venture could bleed FS1 on cable rights fees and produce a lot of potential PPV money

Any /box/ freak accident webms?

Dat nigga saw the devil

agreed. If thurman was on the joe rogan podcast talking about meditative yoga or some shit, that would prob drum up some interest. They need better promotion in between fights.

US promotion is, Press conference before camp, 2 month training camp with no coverage, and then another press conference during fight week. Thats all I see.

Meanwhile, IFLtv has an interviews every day. Frampton is writing columns in his local newspaper, etc etc.

Not all of them see the need to put out extra effort to become superstars when you can rep your hometown. I mean, Broner is still a draw even with his recent record.

>Boxing is doing extraordinarily well.
Name one event that didnt contain Canelo, Floyd or AJ that has done good rating this year

>Frampton vs Santa Cruz
>Haye vs Bellew

Thurman/Garcia, Golovkin/Jacobs did okay despite what Golovkin haters say, Broner/Garcia, and Pacquiao/Horn

no

>Exclude all 4 of the biggest fights in boxing this year!
You know none of these guys did the numbers they did just because of themselves, right? Joshua had Klitschko as a dancing partner that rocketed his PPV sales, Canelo had Chavez and Golovkin making him do much better (360k was his PPV against Smith) than normal, and Floyd had McGregor to boost him.

But whatever, i'll entertain your condition.
Haye-Bellew did 800k in PPV sales. That's 60k less than the UFC's best selling PPV bout this year.

There were 5.1 Million peak views for Thurman vs Garcia and 4.4 Million peak views for Pacquiao vs Horn. Meaning that Thurman-Garcia did better than UFC's BEST Cable bout ever (4.8 million) and Pacquiao-Horn still obliterated anything that the UFC have put on so far this year, and would be in their top 3 cable bouts of all time.

And that's not even mentioning all of the Japanese bouts this year on Fuji TV.
Yaegashi-Melindo did 3.5 million average.
Inoue-Rodriguez did 4 million average.
Yamanaka-Carlson did 4 million average.
Higa-Navarrete did above 4 million average.
Murata-N'Dam 1 did 11.4 million average.
Murata-D'Dam 2 did around 20 million average.

And those are just the extraordinary numbers. Cards like the 154 triple header, Super Fly, Cotto-Kamegai, Broner-Garcia etc, have all done above average-great where they aired.

Hook line and sinker

britkek btfo

Oooooh, you got me.

If he's not unknown in the US, how come he cant sell out 20k people?
By they way AJ drew about 1.6M viewevers combined between live and delayed telecast which are both premium channels.
Last Wilder fight on Showtime (against Szpilka) had 500k viewers on average.
And yes, if the fight happens in America (that is, Vegas) AJ should still be clearly the A-side because he brings by far the most money anyway, period.

Is wilder a chinlet?

Doubt it, but AJ definitely is. He's going down if he ever gets windmilled.

webm i made

youtube.com/watch?v=VquxDEienR8
Make a webm of this please