/trb/: The Football Manager General

Old: >2018 Features:
youtube.com/user/sigamesofficial/videos

>Facepack (scroll down for torrent):
sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/1/cut-out-player-faces

>Real names and German/Japanese NT fix
sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/29149/fm2017-real-names-and-german-national-team-fix-file-beta-v11-for-fm17-beta-20102016

>Logos
fmscout.com/c-fm17-logos.html

>Hairpack
FM16 hairpacks are now compatible with FM17.

>Pastebin: FAQ, guides and extras
pastebin.com/qwvspy9X

>Macca's official /trb/ database:
2015: pastebin.com/uj27eQhe
2016: pastebin.com/7e3Vv0ap

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vIDr8ZnCLQw
teaandbusquets.com/12-step-guide-tactics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

reposting for new thread's sake

enjoy the webm as well

you and Nautico, oh lawdz. do you have favorite irl player of theirs?

nice, here's one for you:

youtube.com/watch?v=vIDr8ZnCLQw

FM18 is pretty gr- *crashes*

Benfica's young keeper worth buying in 17? Can't be fucked with checking his stats

regen faces when

The deciding factor if they get my shekels or not desu.

Next time say "FM18 is pretty gay" and it wont crash

FM18 is pretty gay

tfw no Jair

solid, u?

It crashes consistently for me if I click on a player's personalised tab on the tactics screen then back again

I wish she was my regen

i fucked it bad, i feel like mitch

Reminder its America and you can still win the league despite not topping the table

this

>tfw got sacked after not winning the league despite topping the table

it me

yeah but it would've been better, look at this GREAT run of form

i hope they sack me but we were predicted 20th so it probably wont happen

Typial 16y/o from Africa

Well my Norwich save is kill so WE AUSTRIA NOW

>german cup

>Austrian First Division

>Alpenpokal

>Died in 1987
Wew.

also use the actual crest, it's goat

ugly kits though

Why the Isle of Man look?

I prefer their old crest desu

i was thinking more about this 2bh

is that a volley ball

the old leather balls they used to use

ye it was an maymee

why two different crests? different eras or something?

gimme a rundown on how they won that german cup

> From 1938 to 1945, when Austria was occupied by Nazi Germany, Vienna was part of the Gauliga Ostmark and won the German Cup in 1943.

Anschluss. Same reason why Austria had to pull out of the 1938 world cup

>forced to play CB at RB for a game
>scores perfect cut inside and hit with left foot goal
well then

Also the scouting in 18 is so bad that I'm just gonna assume anyone signing good players without being at a top club is just cheating

Were they a strong team in the competition? Or just lucky outsiders?

>In the 1940´s and 1950´s, Vienna was mainly in the middle area of the table.[2]
i guess lucky outsiders based on what wiki says

Rapid Wien are the better ones, they were crowned german champions

But did they ever win the cup?

Do the 2017 hairpacks, real names and logos work in fm18?

how the fuck do I set an assignment to get my scouts to find players of a specific position

there's no regens in fm18

Yes, 1938

Alright, are we still using the 2017 logo pack for 18 though? I can't stand the FM club logos.

Yeah but apparently using custom graphics can cause issues on the beta

There is a Welshman called Rabbi in the Man City U18s, I suggest you all buy him unless you want your career ended by (((them)))

How in the fuck do I change my coach? I fucked up and the cunt has yellow hands for fucks sake.

Start/load your save and then when you get back to the main menu there will be an Edit button

Start a new career, and edit/create new coach through that. The start screen one is your most recent manager. However, they all have mannequin hands so...

Got it, thanks.

I'm still shite at this game (I'm the guy always begging for help with my fm17 crewe save)

Is this okay?

He's a pacy black winger lad

>19 discipline
get out of here slacker

Go look at the coaching table and how the stars are read.
I would max the set of (Attacking, Technical, Working with youngsters) and put anything left over into tactical

>He's a pacy black winger lad
That's 90% of British yoof

I heard the setpieces are broken cor fm18? Also why the fuck is it 38 quid?

Should i get him and retrain him for use as a Box to Box midfielder?

>these complete knobs on twitter in the social feed

ueeuauaeghgh

Alright, how do I go about building a tactic to match the style of play I want?

For example, if I want to play a suave passing game with penetrating through balls, how do I implement instructions to achieve that?

Uh, who should be my two CB(D)s?

generally, you use the tactics screent to give your team instructions that lead to the outcome you want

messi and ozil

show height and accel/pace

Right, but let's say I want to use a slow, methodical possession based system that's compact in defense and contains well, and patiently probes in offense, similar to what LvG had at United,

what instructions would I use to achieve this?

Mulgrew and Lenihan

Does height even do anything? I thought it came down to jumping reach? Wont a 5'5 manlet with 20 JR beat a 6'7 giant with 10 JR?

I'd like to use Mulgrew as a DLP(D) as he's basically my best passer with good decision making / vision.

control mentality
structured shape
retain possession
work ball into box

Then Lenihan/ward

this pretty much

Can you explain what each one does and how it works into this system?

For example, what does the control mentality do?

What does the structured mentality do?

I can figure out the other two.

l-lads is burnout real?

Thanks, but could you explain why? I'd like to be able to understand the reasoning so I can apply it later. What stats did you value the most?

Yes

Lenihan has super solid attributes all around and ward has good technicals. Ward is a close call and I think him or Downing work, especially since Lenihan has high aggression I personally would be ok with the other CB having below par aggression

mentality and shape are instructions that change overall mentalities of all your players on the pitch, even more so than basic instructions

control will make your players be more offense-thinking when making decisions, but will also make them choose shorter and less direct passing options to avoid losing possession

structured will make them stick to their assigned position more and not do things that they aren't instructed to do.

though according to what I've read, the ME is a bit borked and you basically want very fluid all the time to make almost any tactic work

No. Keep him as a DLP.

What the fuck am I supposed to do with this cunt? He has the highest passing and vision in my squad, but he's old and lazy and doesn't give a flying fuck. Does he ride the bench?

some men become trequs, some are born as such

SI has actually removed the option of "reject all unresponded offers" from the transfer centre

what a trainwreck

everytime one of my attacking players gets the ball they dribble until they're closed down by the defense and dispossessed.

i'm on short passing, retain possession and they usually have options around them but just refuse to pass and I get outpossessed 60-40 a lot

what am i doing wrong?

they also removed the "return to live" button when rewinding in a match

possibly

-your players have crap decisions
-the mentality is too direct so your players look to run through walls instead of passing it sideways
-the tempo is too high for your players to handle so they make bad decisions in a hurry

sadzeman.jpg

>your players want to defend
fools
5-7 wins are the only way to win

>city of ter stegen

4 u
teaandbusquets.com/12-step-guide-tactics

My god, I thought you guys were fucking about when you were on about the UI. It's fucking awful.

I kinda reminds me of switching from excel 2007 to 2016. Don't like it at first but ultimately got used to it pretty quick. There are some "modern" quirks I don't really enjoy but is what it is.

no, there are some objectively bad choices that make doing things unnecessarily complex and time-consuming

I don't disagree with that at all but at the same time its something that I feel like has been completely overblown. Find a lot of the prematch screens, extra clicking, etc. poor but at the same time not that big of a deal. Probably should hold SI to a higher standard but ultimately sports games have always tended to be a $60 money sink w/o much improvement that I pay every year because I will get a shit-ton of hours out of.

Brilliant read. Cheers.

So after reading that, I've gone through my team and done the comparisons. I'm very average on pace and acceleration, but I'm the best in the league at passing, vision, stamina.

If I play a possession based game, with shorter passing and a higher tempo, that could work right?

Lol rekt

In your guys opinion is the new game worth the wait (for the jan sale/crack) or should I just get 17?

>22 consecutive title wins and promotions
>win premier eagle for first time 3 years after coming up
>win champions league for first time beating new club rival 5-2 in the final
>pic f*cking related

fix the AI you jew

if all the things im reading are true so far, 17 feels like the more accomplished game.
that said, why not the masterpiece that was 12 or even 15?

>that said, why not the masterpiece that was 12 or even 15?
played 12 to death,but never really got into 15. It felt sort of slow for me. Too long in between matches and the like. Did you rally find it as good as 12?
I'd say 12 adn 13 were my favourites of the last 10 years

12 stands alone for me and i think for a lot of other long term players as the best pure FM.
15 is just more palatable for some people with the some of the ui and engine adjustments.
17 was cracked in the end so just get that.