Now that the dust has settled who was the bigger bust?

Now that the dust has settled who was the bigger bust?

RGKnee

is this a serious question?

RG3, definitely. Although I do wonder what would have happened if their career paths had switched. What if RG3 had gone to the Colts? Would he have had more initial success only to get ground down? Would Luck on the Redskins have been ruined after one season, too? Both organizations are such trash, but in different ways.

Luck. At least the Redskins were able to move on, the Clots are stuck with Luck

This man is thinking. I like him.

Luck isn't a bust

This is the truth.

He's the worst kind of bust, the kind your team sticks with because they believe the hype.
Like the Eli Manning of his generation.

Eli has won two rings. Luck is still a capable QB.

Winning a superbowl doesn't mean you're not a bust

Winning two kind of does.

RG3. People are overreacting to the Luck injury, it has an average recovery time of 9-12 months. People who thought he'd start the year are nuts.

I'm curious to see how good he'll be in the coming seasons since he's actually being allowed to heal this season instead of being forced to play through an injury like 2016.

That all said, Wilson is clearly the best QB from that draft. But I do think calling Luck a bust is premature.

That's a really hard question to answer, IMO, because Luck and RG3 were both undone for the same reason: injuries.

Just use your imagination: RG3's ability to scramble and run compensates for a crappy Colts O-Line. One day he either wrecks his ACL in a non-contact injury or takes a shot to the legs. Does he still have the prowess as a pocket passer to lead the Colts? Do the Colts still let the O-Line fester and expose him to more shots?

Same for Luck: does Luck get injured and pave the way for Cousins to shine? Does Snyder meddle and sour Luck on his coach and teammates? Does Luck's injury history cause Washington to ship him out to a QB needy team? Does putting the entire load on Luck cause him to suffer another career-ending injury?

Luck might be a better passer and that might've saved him in Washington, but it's not hard to see them both flaming out because of injuries in some capacity.

easily RGIII. luck has been up and down throughout his professional career, but RGIII literally just had a meme rookie year and then fell off completely. textbook bust.

I don't even know that I'd say Luck's been up and down. Out of the five seasons he's actually played, only his 2015 season was bad. He's overrated by talking heads who have declared him a Hall of Famer since he was drafted for sure, but I feel like the general populace/sp actually way overcorrects and underrates him as a reaction to sports media.
He's an above average QB that immediately makes the colts several wins better when he's on the field. He's no Brady or Peyton but I don't think that makes him a bust.

Luck brought them to three straight 11-5 seasons and, consecutively I might add, to the Wild Card round, Divisional Round, and Conference championship. He undoubtedly got results when he was on the field.

But that's the problem: after those three years, Luck stopped being durable. He missed half/more of the 2015 season, and only managed to leave the Colts with an 8-8 record in 2016. For a foundational pick, three good seasons is simply not enough to justify the price tag. First round picks -- especially first overall picks -- are supposed to be pillars of a franchise for years to come.

The 2015 season was bad, yes, but the 2016 season he went 8-8 with the second worst roster in the NFL and while playing through a shoulder injury because Grigson was a sick son of a bitch. He finally got the surgery and is getting a chance to heal from it properly, and the colts *should* have a completely remade roster the next time he sets foot on the field.
Peyton had a 3-13 and 6-10 (5-11?) season among his first six seasons. I wouldn't write Luck off just yet.

*carried to two
the run game and receiver talent is what brought eli his rings, do you know how many catches toomer dug out of the grass?

Eli should have won MVGM (most valuable game manager) instead.

>Luck isn't a bust

My argument has very little to do with his play. If Luck comes back in 2018 perfectly healthy, stays healthy, and plays like it's 2012-2014 he's definitely not a bust. If he continues to miss multiple games per season -- with an almost $20M hit to the salary cap -- he's a buster.

Yeah, Manning didn't have immediate success and turned out to be an unquestionable Top 5 all-time QB. But Manning also had a very, very healthy career if you exclude the 2011 season and his last season in Denver. If Luck can't be healthy, he can't lead the franchise.

Fair enough. That's mostly where I am. If he doesn't get healthy again then yeah he's a bust for sure, I just dont think he's done like 90% of Sup Forums makes him out to be

>you now remember Suck for Luck

Turns out Luck sucks, too.

RG3

Luck has had some career success.

A bust is something like JaMarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf not someone who hasn't made it into the top 5 of QBs, Luck has been mediocre at worst.

rgiii is the biggest bust ever

Yeah I'm with you on that.

The worst part about it is that, realistically, all the Colts spent on Luck was a first overall pick (in contrast to the billion picks Washington paid for RG3) and could've severed ties after the contract went up. That's usually not enough to bury a franchise, but a $20+M/year deal is enough to cripple a franchise for years to come. Luck played well enough to warrant a better contract but oddly enough could end up doing *more* damage than a wasted first overall pick.

kek butthurt patriots fan