BOS: La Russa joins Red Sox as special assistant
HOU:Springer, Astros win first World Series in 7
HOU: George Springer wins WS MVP
HOU: Victory parade scheduled for Friday

Other urls found in this thread:

tmz.com/2017/11/02/dodgers-yasiel-puig-burglary-during-world-series/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sup Forumsstros

First year as a Sup Forums poster and following this general. I lurk but am beginning to start commenting. Thanks to the mods for running a good show here.
I watched the game with another dodger bro in NorCal at my local dive bar. Surrounded by giants fans but mostly dodger haters. Dammit, it was awful and now I don't want to go back to my favorite bar.

FIRSTROS OF ATLANTIS

Last digit confirms how many WS the Dodgers win in the next 10 years.

So does proper dieting, explains why I lack diabetes and most Cubs fans look like MovieBob.

>It's been over 12 hours and still no sign of Pissboi, Anze, or the Dodgers autist
Are they okay?

Sup Forumsstros!

All I know is someone is devastated by this loss and Puig literally got robbed.

Too bad he didn’t lick his doorknobs instead of his bat. Maybe it would deter criminals as well as it was a deterrent for base hits.

do sports fans unironically have major ego problems

I love you rice owl poster. It’s been a long road but our senpaitachi finally have rings.

Reminder that real Dodger fans are fucking depressed and ass blasted over losing Game 7 at home. We got beat fair and square and we admit that. No juiced balls or any other class flag excuse can make up for that fact.

If we don't make some major moves this off-season we aren't even winning the NLDS

In my comment I mentioned my dad's last words as they left me to college in SF
"you can be an A's fan, but just don't be a Giants fan."
Then they won that first World Series. I never really liked baseball until then, and all I knew was I hated the fucking Giants and their fans. So I bought my first Dodger hat in Union Square. They gave me shit for it, but it felt right. This is where I'm from, this is the team I grew up watching, this is my team.
Go Dodgers. All fucking day.

asstro fan detected

>Pissboi
What handle does he use now?

>Thanks to the mods for running a good show here.
Kiss ass.

it still hurts, fampais

Now they have TWO starting pitchers with MULTIPLE ENTRIES.

What a time to be alive when Kershaw wasn't even the biggest choker on his team.

This. They may choke, and lose, and make us want to kill ourselves, but their OUR team. Plus even when they were in Brooklyn they always were shut down by the Yankees. We still have a good team. We can do this.

Why are the Dodgers allowing historically horrible teams win things? First the Mets, then Cubs, then Astros

Who's next? Will they let the Nats win a playoff series?

>yfw the doyers give the Mariners their first WS

life long stros fan. we fucking did it boys. WE fucking did it!

The ____ have the best regular season record in the 2010s.

No. The Dodgers may choke in the playoffs, but the Nationals are the ONE team that chokes harder than them.

Thanks! It's nice to see a sympathetic Giants fan. My boyfriend, who is a hardcore Giants fan (it's like the Romeo and Juliet of baseball), made similar points last night.... after he stopped laughing at me. It actually did make me feel a little bit better. I'm still pissed that we threw away our first shot at winning the World Series in 29 years, but all the young talent we have gives me a SMALL glimmer of hope.

>Are they okay?
Who cares

I said it a couple times last night, but congrats Astros. They played a fantastic season of baseball.

>pic related was probably my fav moment of your playoff campaign even though it wasn't the WS.

I can't decide if I like Carp's double more or Adam's HR.

>A Dodgers fag(girl?) getting railed after losing the WS by a Giants fan
Bueno

>thanks!
trying this hard

The Dodgers are about halfway towards being the 1990s /2000s Braves (14 straight division titles - one WS).

>or the Dodgers autist
*raises paw*

I just want to laugh at them. What a bunch of cowards they are to hide when their team loses.

The Dodgers literally have 708 regular season wins this decade, which far outpaces any other team.

do you have the flashing one with the head bobbing and the MATT ADAMS 3-RUN HR

i dont have it on this comp

I remember someone arguing with me whether Sanchez was better than McCann back during ALCS and said Sanchez was “statistically better” despite being one of the worst defensive catchers in the league.

laugh it up, we will be back next year

you sure told him. Give yourself a cookie.

Definitely Carp I think. He fought off Kershaw for like 12 pitches before opening the floodgates.
Do I?

Did we get good memes from this world series?
>(Yu)
>Another entry
>Juiced balls
>Chinito
Any others?

Yeah, I do tend to like frenzied hitting more than HRs.

Based Down-Under Man.

So does anybody want to talk about what a sham of a world series that was? I refuse to even honor its results. We just didn't have a world series this year. Thats how I look at it.

>rags fan
>rags player

it just never ends

I ate that cookie with a tall glass of milk, it was delicious.

Seriously, though, if the Yankees were smart they’d trade that putz-glove for a more competent catcher.

>If we don't make some major moves this off-season we aren't even winning the NLDS
I don't really see major moves happening with where their payroll is.

garbage umps and strike zones

>Show me a picture that features a greater choking hazard

This is quick reminder that Houston is an incredibly young team that has a lot more good baseball ahead of it. We have about 3 more years of this same roster that will only continue to develop chemistry/talent.

Jeff Lunhow is responsible for this win. He spent about 10 years working as a recruiter for the Cardinals. He took the approach that is the entire opposite of moneyball: evaluating talent early, creating homegrown players and developing them over time rather than using merchandising money to buy up elite talent for single season runs.

He is an intelligent, talented manager with a recruiting background that is interested in winning titles, not money. The Houston Astros are only beginning what is going to be a long run of sustained success.

I also know Lunhow's son. Nice guy.

Why does Houston have an MLB team if the TEXAS Rangers represent all of Texas? And does this WS win make them more relevant than the Rangers?

Think I'm gonna become an Angels fan again. I can't take losing anymore. At least the Angels have Mike Trout.

It's okay to follow a team from my city. People laughed when I became a Clippers fan, and I'm sure they'll laugh when they see me strutting in with my Red baseball cap and Trout on the back of my jersey, but fuck them. I'm a Los Angeles fan, and I'll be the one laughing when my Clippies and Angies win titles in the next few years. I'll be the one laughing.

unfortunately for you GMs don't read shit posts

Omg I have the exact same fucking question about the Warriors in the NBA.

>The Berlin Wall was still up
>East Timor was not a country yet
>The Aral Sea was still a body of water
>The Space shuttle program was still state-of-the-art
>The Hubble Telescope was still under development
>Mars rovers were still only on paper
>Digital cameras weren't household items yet

̶G̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶Went for 29 in 2017!!!

>shit posting this hard
KEK

Except the Dodgers won the pennant this year, idiot.

That's a World Series pennant doofus.

>The Space shuttle program was still state-of-the-art
Its not anymore?
Photo is a WS pennant

Winning a pennant is just another way of saying losing the World Series kek

>space shuttle
They discontinued it, now it's all unmanned rockets or private business, which couldn't possibly go wrong.

Lets be real: if Hurricane Harvey doesn't happen, the Dodgers would be champions.

No, pretty sure the Astros won the AL Pennant too, ya sperg.

I'll take that to be honest. I only want one.

Yes but when you say a team won the pennant at the end of the season it means they lost the WS. When a team wins the WS literally no one says they won the pennant at the end.

Is it possible that the Darvish trade to the Dodgers was the move that allowed the Astros to win? Not just because he performed badly, but also because he's one of the few aces that the Astros had extensive experience playing with/against. I mean they knew exactly what to do pretty much every step of the way against him.

I mean World Series champions don't brag about winning the pennant; they say they won the World Series. Losing teams can only say they won the pennant.

The Dodgers have singlehandedly ended 163 years of baseball championship droughts in the last 2 years.

Apologize

I knew the Dodgers fucked up when they traded for Darvish in August. Astros acquiring Justin Verlander last second was better than when we acquired the big unit.

Darvish compared to Verlander, there is no comparison. Kershaw being Kershaw doesn’t surprise.

>free out league

AL > NL

This series literally would have a different outcome if they traded for Verlander like they wanted to at first but then backed away because Detroit wanted them to take all of his remaining contract. This series was decided on July 31st.

Ninny League has inferior rulesets by forcing the pitcher to bat. Wouldn’t ask your quarterback to be the wide receiver at the same time, why would you have your pitcher in the batting lineup?

>Suck shit for 50 years in the NL
>Win a title in less than 5 years in the AL
Barves changing leagues when?

Congrats Dodgers for being THE curse breaking team.

Will the reds ever be relevant again? Asking for a friend

tmz.com/2017/11/02/dodgers-yasiel-puig-burglary-during-world-series/

I heard the burgler also stole Puig's WS ring.

Astros fan but I have two close friends who are Reds fans. Hope they can do something before too long

When Pete Rose is in the Hall, the Reds will win it all.

But Puig didn't have a WS ring

>Despite being one of the worst defensive catchers in the league
I remember this. Your argument was literally "lol he dropped the ball though". And whenever the other guy posted defensive metrics, you said they were fake. Not exactly a thrilling debate.

Actually, yes.

You guys almost eliminated the jints a few years back. Then the club ran out of talent and money. If management can muster the same chutzpah the team had during that playoff run, they can be contendrs (relevant) again.

Nah, it’s a fact that Sanchez is one of the worst defensive catchers in MLB.

if only we could have seen this coming

>rags
>rags
>rags
It was pretty obvious, kohai.

This has to be a false flag. It's too obvious.

If Dave Roberts isn't fired, the Dodgers will never win the Series.

obviously a Halloween joke, hence the "it's the umpires"

Is there a bigger cuck city than Dallas?

Like I said, not exactly a thrilling debate, so I won't be continuing it.

>romine to mariners
>upton extended with angels

wtf save some stove action for mid november

Yeah, Los Angeles for signing a Dallas pitcher who singlehandedly blew the Series for them.

Rangers/Astros World Series Co-Winners. We did it

What do I spend my 750 buckaroos on? Maybe a mountain bike? Kayak?

There is literally 0 (ZERO) excuse for the doyers not winning the work series this year

Take a vacay to Chicago. **Someone** is waiting for you in boystown. Bring beer when you see him.

Back 2 reddit with you

Spend it on the Rangers 2018 World Series Championship replica rings.

Mariners or Rangers

>Rangers legitimately try to fuck us over by forcing us to play in the Trop in Florida instead of switching home/away Series during Harvey
>sweep the Rags in their ballpark 10+ runs in each win at the end of the season
>now their city roots for us
Imagine how Rangers staff feel

Hahahahaha shoo shoo

MARINERS!
Lets try this again with some healthy pitching!
>no more Rockbear