Why do people brag about having Irish heritage so often?

Why do people brag about having Irish heritage so often?

I can't think of a single reason to be proud of being from there

Other urls found in this thread:

australiangeographic.com.au/topics/history-culture/2010/06/australian-inventions-that-changed-the-world
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

People who brag about Irish heritage are either Americans, who fetishise Europe, or people who haven't been to Ireland before.

This is 100% accurate, they either celebrate that they have irish heritage or italian. you always hear it here, never from the french or the germans always from the irish and italian.

Based St. Patrick, based medieval catholic monastic culture, uhhh... That's all I can think of right now desu

Lefties and yanks

Lefties see it as an ideal country full of degenerate socalism and there culture of being the victim

I wish they'd stop, but the tourist industry panders to them so hard it's never going to happen. This country is a WHORE sometimes

Ireland is a comfy country though

What's shorter, list of Irish accomplishments or list of Canadian accomplishments?

The only thing I'd ever brag about is finally having the balls to kill myself. And I'll never be able to brag about that.

So is lying in my bed under the blankets in a cold morning, masturbating to old photos of Vlad child models from the early 2000's era, but it sure as shit isn't something I'm going to boast about to strangers.

Comfy is a personal thing.

list of australian accomplishments

They have beer that tastes like stale swamp water.

Have you ever read Ulysses?

it's not that special, and I gave up on Finnegan's Wake. Oscar Wilde is a better example of great Irish literature, his plays are very clever

Some pretty neat stuff has come out of Australia
australiangeographic.com.au/topics/history-culture/2010/06/australian-inventions-that-changed-the-world

The best thing about Finnegan's Wake is that you can read it smashed or sober without changing the experience.

Because they're no longer in ireland.

>www.australiangeographic.com

thats because Germans and French were assimilated into American society while italians and Irish were segregated into insular communities.

Probably the best public relations campaign in the world