Why do Germans keep statues of their invaders?

Why do Germans keep statues of their invaders?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_total_Commonwealth_War_Graves_Commission_burials_by_country
thelocal.de/20111022/38375
de.wikisource.org/wiki/Zwei-plus-Vier-Vertrag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cuckdom at its best

>Even the writing is in slav runes

cucks

They should remain us about our mistakes we made.
So we dont forget our mistakes and avoid them next time we invading.

No srsly I dont know why we still have them, but also nobody gives a fuck about them. I couldnt even say where exactly your statue is located.

Because they deserve it
/thread

its by the tiergarten just up from the Brandenburg gate. It has 2 tanks outside it which were two of the first Russian tanks to enter Berlin in 1945.

I am all for modern Germany not being held responsible for WW2 but I see no reason to remove war memorials like this. There are British Wargraves all over the world, and they are usually well looked after by the countries where they are. So i actually thought it was kinda shit that kids were climbing all over the artillery guns and tanks that form part of the memorial in OP's post when i saw it.

You may not like the Soviet Union but most of the guys who died for it were just young guys like you or me

Tiergarten, Regierungsviertel

It would be one thing to commemorate the dead it's another to have a massive fucking stalinist statue m8.

The reason we have it is because the contemporary opinion is that we deserved what we got and it would mean we sympathize with the nazis if we tore it down.

Because they voluntarily withdrew and allowed us to reunite.
Also, removing the statue would serve no purpose and worsen our relations with Russia

Well it isnt really. That's what war memorials looked like in Russia when they built it. There's an even more over the top one in Vienna

>locals sometimes refer to it as "the monument to the unknown rapist"
:^)

>would serve no purpose
you undererstimate the power of symbolism
keeping the statue perpetuates the understanding that they were right to invade us.

They weren't?

>stalinist statue
>no picture of stalin
git gud

It's about the style and the intent

im not sure it does. We have war graves in tons of places
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_total_Commonwealth_War_Graves_Commission_burials_by_country

i dont think anyone is saying it means we were right to be involved in all of them, its just a respect thing. Like how German wargraves are (rightfully) maintained in France, Belgium and here in the UK

They were right to fight back but losing and keeping a monument of the victor in your country means that you are sorry for what you did, that you were in the wrong.

style is just the style of the country at the time.

Intent is to commemorate the dead. nothing wrong with that

graves =/= monument

does this looks stalinist to you too? It's just a fucking monument in common for after war period style

Because there is a paragraph in the 4+2 unification contract where the federal republic is not allowed to remove any monuments or graveyard related to the USSR without russias approveal

>but losing and keeping a monument of the victor in your country means that you are sorry for what you did, that you were in the wrong.
Yeah, thats kind of the point

I know that that's the mainstream opinion. and its a historically wrong and absolutely cucked opinion, that's what i was saying here

Because only cultureless barbarians engage in destructive iconoclasm.

I am curious to hear you alternative, uncucked opinion

What makes you think it would have to be destroyed to be taken down?

no. see this
it does when there is no grave for those people because their bodies, and potentially even where they died was lost

Here's a monument to the allies who died in Gallipolli, which is maintained by Turkey. Does it suggest Allies were in the right to invade?

forgot pic

not in the mood to have a lengthy discussion about history rn

Which article?

>compares a defensive war with imperialistic war for colonies

agreed

here are some Islamists in Libya smashing up a British and Italian war cemetery. So uncucked!

What makes you think the position of a monument is not part of the monument?

As others said before, these monuments are part of our history, too. They serve as a reminder of the mistakes we made in the past. Also, it looks pretty cool.

Not necessarily. Here is a monument to a battle that Sweden won against Denmark in a defensive war. The text reads:
>December 4th 1676 fought and bled here people of the same tribe. Reconciled descendants erected the memorial.

thats the point friend.

It would make some sense for the Turks not to want to keep that monument, but they keep it and maintain it because it's the right thing to do whatever the politics of it.

Im saying Germany should keep and maintain war memorials of foreign countries because its the right thing to do. Whether or not "germany deservered it@@@" means nothing to my point

>its the right thing to do
source?

Because Germany was destroyed in 1945 and the BRD is just a colony without history.

me top row second from left

> Why do Germans keep statues of their grandfathers?
Fixed

Stop spreading bullshit you read at your favorite AfD/NPD forum and were to stupid/lazy to check. This entire victim complex you people cultivate is beyond hilarious.

ok. Conventional normative values suggest it is the "right" thing to do. Obviously there are some who disagree but it would have to be an all or nothing.
So if its right to remove Russian war memorials in Germany we should also remove all non-British war memorials in Britain, and all other countries should do the same. That is the other option but we are not talking about that

German people should tear it down with hammers!

>for sovereignty and independence of the Soviet Union
My great grandfathers didn't fought for the shitty union

was weird seeing commie flags when i went to berlin but most of them where being sold by peddlers along with commie military uniforms so capitalism wins again.

We have a saying in germany critizising that kind of argumentation.
"Wo kämen wir denn hin, wenn alle sagen würden: 'wo kämen wir denn hin?'"

"where would we end if everyone would say: where would we end if"

well they where cannon fodder on the zerg rush, so gives a shit.

>the monument to the unknown rapist"

The Russians have freed us from the Nazis, from our bicycles, watches, and thousands of girls from their innocence.

But it is a very nice monument with high fountain.

ha. i like that

That's a job for Harris

Well, if there's one place where you can sell commie flags without all the ideological baggage associated with it, but just for historical reasons, is a few meters aways from where the Berlin wall once stood.
Either that or the Red Square

>tfw no old Russian Great Grandfather with so many medals he is now bulletproof

>invaders
They started it
>le cannon fodder meme

It's not like your marxist brown shithole has any value, cletus. Mine at least can be saved without genociding 60% of the population.

>Because there is a paragraph in the 4+2 unification contract where the federal republic is not allowed to remove any monuments or graveyard related to the USSR without russias approveal

Ech, based Ruskies, I wish my cunt wasn't so pathetic and could cuck germans on something like that.

>tomb of the unkown rapist

>Mine at least can be saved without genociding 60% of the population.
You are right on that front, you would need to genocide 100% for yours to be saved.

Did you check what he said?
I don't know who is right but i feel like you havent.

thelocal.de/20111022/38375

To tell you the truth, even with the fucked up shit around this country, I would never want to have been born in russia. Once you are there, you are stuck there.

The 2+4 treaty is not a particularly lengthy document. It just takes a couple of minutes to read it:
de.wikisource.org/wiki/Zwei-plus-Vier-Vertrag
Yes, I did read it. There's nothing in it regarding monuments.

what's the last photo?

Antifa or something like that destroying that confederate statue in the US recently.

Deduschka lubit swoij Tank

>Oonga boonga prefer my brown shithole
Who would've thought, cletus

some retards who think destroying some civil war confederate monument is a much better idea than putting them in a museum.

what can I say, life is good over here even with its downs.

>with its downs
Yeah, with the whole 60% of them

oh alright, thought it was something like that

Russia will get ass blasted and they feel Russia is a good business opportunity. Also, they want Russian gas because depending on a dictator is a wise decision.

Indeed.

I understand the graveyard thing but that's a stalinist boner.

There is a reason why Russians immigrate here or try to in large numbers but the reverse isn't true. Also, you can't save an organism from cancer if all that's left is cancer.

>why Russians immigrate here
they don't desu
most of """""""russians""""""" in your country are ukrainians

vroom vroom