Soccer requires no skill

>soccer requires no skill

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GE1UdxBhGOM
youtube.com/watch?v=OS_xuUlxBP4
youtube.com/watch?v=14ieZfirseE
youtube.com/watch?v=1LW87rPBVCk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

who are you quoting Glauber Feitosa Dos Santos Junior?

No one has ever said that. I don't think it requires no skill, I actually think soccer players are some of THE most athletic people in any sport. That said, it's reeeeeeeaaaaaally boring. Jesus.

Who are you quoting?

Literally no one says soccer players are the most athletic people in the sport industry

All we say is that they are way more athletic than American sports athletes. A handegg player would literally die if he had to run for 45 consecutive minutes like football players do

>being so insecure about your sport that you literally make up false insults about it

Depends on the position. That's a sweeping generalization of an entire sport.

I've seen people say it.

Wow it's almost like American sports athletes are trained in their respective sports that don't require them to run 45 consecutive...

Hmmmmmm

Which position in American football is athletic? The ones who run (like OJ Simpson) don't make plays longer than 3 or 4 seconds, they wouldn't stand running 45 minutes

They are trained to not being proper athletes. It isn't good or bad per se, but it's an objective fact that they aren't athletic

Thats objectively not true, and you're falsely equating offensive lineman with all american athletes. I wouldn't take some overweight darts player as the quintessential example of a British athlete. Basketball and hockey players can easily keep up with soccer players as far as endurance goes.

Its also false to say that soccer players are more athletic because they have stronger endurance. Yes they can probably go for longer than a runningback or wide receiver, but they have good endurance too coupled with far stronger all-around athleticism. Strength, speed, agility, flexibility, toughness etc are all important facets of athleticism as well.

Many wide receivers were also track & field athletes in college

taking his bait is elite autism bro

Disagreed.

There's different key components to Athleticism. Strength, Stamina, Durability, Speed, etc.

Different sports require different abilities. Basketball players can definitely deal with a 45 consecutive minute run, and so can a good majority of baseball players (Not talking about pitchers, DHs, or people who spend more time sitting down then they do standing)

and even then like Ameribro says it depends on the position. Boiling down athleticism to just what football players do, and then saying they're better at it than American football players sure, but put Messi, or Ronaldo on an American football field, playing a game of American Football, they might never be able to play their own sport again, you put American players on a soccer pitch, sure some might tire easily (Doubtful considering the endurance training these Athletes have to do in just their training alone, not even on field game day playing), but they could pick up and play a game of American football a week later after playing a professional football match, but the top football players in the world couldn't play a game of professional American Football and return to their sport in proper condition.

>A handegg player would literally die if he had to run for 45 consecutive minutes like football players do

Does this really make sense to you? A guy who works out endlessly most of his life, and you're saying they couldn't run 45 consecutive minutes.

Its not bait though. There are tonnes of people out there who inexplicably believe this.

By your definition only boxers and rugby players and athletes then

Almost any proffesional athlete can condition themselves and increase their stamina. Are you really this autistic?

Now you're using bait.

>way more athletic

youtube.com/watch?v=GE1UdxBhGOM
>implying any soccer player could do this

The bar+weights is 225 pounds (~100kg)

I see what you're trying to say but every athlete is athletic in their own way. For basketball a windmill dunk is basically the equivalent of a bicycle kick. For football a one handed catch is pretty damn athletic (hand-eye coordination and the ability to grasp on a ball twirling through the air). They may not be as fit as a soccer player but most are athletic. Hell even the lineman have to have fast feet to make a block. Try playing basketball or football and see how athletic you are.

Baseball is fucking stupid though, i'll give you that one.

I don't see the relation between being strong and being athletic

American athletes are strong but not athletic, they are like sumo fighters

Wow dude soccer players run for 45 consecutive minutes? Why are some walking around and light jogging then??

I guarantee you every single lineman in the NFL can run a faster 40 than you.

>For basketball a windmill dunk is basically the equivalent of a bicycle kick.
Kek, not the same

A flashy dunk is just showing off and players only perform it when 100% open, a bicycle kick is needed

In most of cases all the athletic display Americans show is when they are unconstested, like a handegg making an open run or some basketball doing an open dunk. This webm is one of the few exceptions where Americans are actually athletic, you don't see this very often

There are millions of players of all sizes. I bet some could do it. You didn't fall for the meme that every footballer is a manlet, did you?
I just googles pic related. He says he is lifting 190 kg here:
youtube.com/watch?v=OS_xuUlxBP4

Lmao that isn't even that athletic compared to the thing LeBron has done before. That's just tricking the defense to thinking you're passing. Just look up best dunks of the NBA season and you'll see.

There are morons all over this planet. A "one flight of stairs and he'll die" fat motherfucker was arguing with me, how throw a "proper" punch at a party once. I did like 12 years Muay Thai at this time. Some people are so retarded, it's beyond human belief. I had to walk away.

There's more to athleticism than stamina. Stamina is literally the lowest tier athletic trait. It's why the decathlon only has one stamina event.

That's the only LeBron webm I have here

Most "best dunks of the season" are uncontested shit, there isn't nothing athletic about that

youtube.com/watch?v=14ieZfirseE

Literally the first clip. And there's 17minutes of dunks too.

Dana White is a professional troll. He's what Joe Rogan thinks he is.

Wtf I love Dana now

The base definition of Athleticism.

>a person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise.

>A person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise

Strength comes from physical exercise. They're proficient at their sport, and the exercise needed to do it. Congratulations they're an Athlete, definition of athleticism.

"physically strong, fit, and active." at it's core, strong is in the definition of Athletic, endurance isn't my white friend.

I'll disagree about baseball, you're forgetting these people play 162 game seasons, now lets use the top 100 list of career games by baseball players.

Most career games by any baseball player is 3,562. The 100th most games played is at 2,354. There are currently 4 active players on that list, it's a harder feat to accomplish nowadays then back then, but lets grab 2,000 games played of a baseball player in his career stretch, assume each game averaged being 3 hours long, for simplicity, that's 6,000 career hours of baseball being played at a professional level, during the season or post season not including training.

To assume that these athletes who spend about half the days of the year going into work playing their sport on a professional level, especially outfielders, and assume they're not athletic because the "boreball" meme is just dead wrong. If anything they have to be in top condition year round for their sport.

He's right you know

>uncontested

This has to be bait, I can't believe i've been falling for it this long

Oh yeah. There's no talent in display here:
youtube.com/watch?v=1LW87rPBVCk

Also, does this definition of Athletic pulled from google search results sound more like an American footballer or a footballer?

>ath·let·ic
ˌaTH(ə)ˈledik/Submit
adjective
physically strong, fit, and active.
"big, muscular, athletic boys"
synonyms: muscular, muscly, sturdy, strapping, well built, strong, powerful, robust, able-bodied, vigorous, hardy, lusty, hearty, brawny, burly, heavily built, broad-shouldered, Herculean; fit, in good shape, in trim; informalsporty, husky, hunky, beefy;

pls guys, stop playing with wojak

> it's another soccer players run for 45 minutes episode.
More like brisk jogging and standing 90% of the time. You know plenty of nfl players and mma fighters are freak beasts when it comes to running as well correct? Running isn't hard. Hines ward and the diaz brothers ran multiple iron man races. Soccer isn't some special sport. Shit wrestling is fucking more cardio demanding than soccer. Even water polo. I can go on.

>Baseball is fucking stupid though, i'll give you that one.

Baseball players are a lot more well rounded athletically than NBA and NFL players.

Center fielder = wide receiver level sprint speed, required vert of 35-40" (average vert in the MLB is 28"), top tier lateral quickness to break on flyballs, 95-100mph level arm strength, top tier core rotational power to hit a ball with +100mph exit velocities.

The OF and middle infield positions in baseball challenge pretty much every core athletic trait to the max aside from endurance.

A position like a wide receiver doesn't challenge arm strength nor central core power anywhere near the level that hitting does.

Football has by far the largest talent pool of any sport on Earth, and therefore by far the most talent

This. Soccer players average a speed of 5mph over the 90 minutes. That's walking speed. Looking up the caloric demands, soccer burns as much as Richard Simmons' Sweatin to the Oldies.

>mma fighters are freak beasts when it comes to running as well correct?

Mixed martial artists can't even last four rounds of a boxing match without gassing hard lmao

Exactly

Bro i swung a bat for 30 min and couldnt fucking move the next day.

Also pitching is really rough on the entire body

>A position like a wide receiver doesn't challenge arm strength nor central core power anywhere near the level that hitting does.

I don't disagree with the rest of your post but this is just uninformed. Wide receivers don't just stand around with their dick in their hands when they're not catching shit. 80% of the time they're expected to block some 200lb defensiveback in heat seeker mode. Is that at the same level of arm strength or core power as slugging? Maybe not, but its not "nowhere near that level" either

That's the problem with fagball fans. They're so wrapped up in their little sport they think running is the most difficult shit you can do athletically. Running is so easy that's why you can "run" for 45 minutes. Football is so hard on line men every play who have to violently fight someone for 6-8 seconds every play. Then do it again 35 seconds later. Wrestling is so hard the rounds are 2 minutes. Hockey the longest they can play before exhaustion is 1 minute. Cause skating that hard. Not cause they don't "train" like soccer players. Every soccer player in my highschool was a huge pussy who couldn't hack it in other sports.

Agreed. I overlooked their blocking and breaking tackling demands.

Futbol players are both skilled (controling the Ball w/ your feet, free kicks, dribbles are extremely hard to dominate) and athletic, because they need to have a good cardio to run 10km every game, good acceleration and reflex. But that doesnt make them the ultimate athletes, BBall players can jump higher and also have good cardio, Handegg players are stronger, and Baseball players can swing a bat and throw a Ball better. Stop with this pointless dumbass discussion.

> paced running and boxing are the same thing
Fucking brits everyone. Shows what you know about sports idiot

>Also pitching is really rough on the entire body

It's one of the most demanding jobs in sports. Their shoulder joints move the fastest out of any joints in sport, faster than a spinter's hip joints, a tennis players shoulder joint, etc.

>"Shoulder rotation in baseball pitching is the fastest motion of any joint in any athlete," Fleisig says; moving faster than hip joints in sprinters or shoulders in elite tennis players.

And the amount of force they put on their UCL every pitch should break it each time.

This dude wanted to be a football player but I guess he wasn't good enough so instead he became an MMA fighter and dominated it for 10 years lel

Only esports require any skill

Wow by that logic put messi and ronaldo in the cage. They must be the all time great fighters

Good post. You can't compare the athletic demands of a bicycle kick to throwing ball with pinpoint accuracy at 100mph from 350 feet away and determine what is "harder." Impossible to quantify. They're both equally impressive within the context of their sport.

Dumb wojakposter

baseballs are heavy and small, they basically do all the work for you

Yeah, this baseball was doing a lot of work for Carl Lewis, one of the greatest pure athletes of all-time.

Its the most technical sport in the world, and the hardest to succeed at given how many people play it globally in the world. You need to be really, really, really good to be on that 1% that plays it professionally

endurance wise I'd say that basketball is the most taxing

I burn about 500 calories after a 21 point pick up game. I can't imagine how much it takes to play a whole game of NBA basketball.

>I burn about 500 calories after a 21 point pick up game.
lol, how fat are you

because he threw a terrible pitch

not fat

t. 152 lbs

>I burn about 500 calories after a 21 point pick up game. I can't imagine how much it takes to play a whole game of NBA basketball.

Honestly, one-on-one and pickup basketball with a couple of people playing 21, even on a half court, is more tiring than 5 on 5 full court, since you're more active during every possession.

In 5 on 5, you can take in game breathers when a play calls for you to stand in the corner or at the 3 point line. Or when a teammate grabs a board and slows the tempo down (you usually just walk-jog to your spot. And 5-on-5 has a lot of these moments).

So that means he had to do some work to throw a good pitch?

No, baseballs don't do any work for you. To throw hard and impart spin basically requires you to snap your UCL every time.

Besides marathon running, boxing is the most taxing sport

Except they're resting half the time

>endurance wise I'd say that basketball is the most taxing

Not even close, they not only run less than Football players, they also have alot of breaks to take a rest. With that being said, boxers is more "taxing" than both sports.

Its actually tennis

>People still responding to this baiting Argenigger

>posts actual objectively unrefutable proofs
>baiting
fuck off amerimutt

post more brainlet wojak pls

but they all have to do that in training

>Argentina's face is the blackest niggerest one
Like pottery

>they wouldn't stand running 45 minutes

Serious question: have you ever played a sport?

Practice for any serious sport is a long fucking time. And the length of a play =/= the athleticism of a play. Think of Von Miller. The whole reason he's good is that he can spring from the line (move his foot) faster than anyone else in the NFL. It's one second of raw athletic ability. Is Usain Bolt bad because he only runs 9 seconds?

>A: I'm not a big hockey fan. But I respect how talented you have to be to play hockey. Soccer? That's a whole other ball. Can't stand soccer. It's the least-talented sport on Earth. There's a reason three-year-olds can play soccer. When you're playing a game when the net is that big and the score is 3-1 (and that's a blowout) are you kidding me? You know how untalented you have to be to score three times when the net is that big? Now back to hockey. You have guys on skates with crooked sticks and you have to hit a puck into a net that's the same size as the goalie. And at any time someone could take your head right off your shoulders and it's perfectly legal. That's a real sport that takes real talent, speed and all the things you need to be a real athlete. Now fighting is a part of hockey and has been since Day 1. It's part of the game. It is what it is. I think we live in a world now where everything has been so pussy-fied. When I grew up we didn't wear helmets when we rode our bikes. We didn't have car seats. We didn't have all this stuff. Now things are safer and we should be safer but let's not go overboard. Fighting's a part of hockey. Period.

find a flaw.

You're probably a fat fuck that doesn't ever exercises then lol

America is the most talented and athletic nation then

A three years old kid can also grab an egg and push other kids while holding it, does that makes him a NiggerKneeler?

Soccer takes the most technical skill.

>it's a 'brazilian poster tries to be an epic troll but is actually just seething' episode
my favorite.

Jesus, there are some straight up fucking idiots in this thread lmao, Americans have got to be the most ignorant fucking people in this world. Dunking isn't hard, you're using your fucking hands. I agree that some football players could definitely endure 90 minutes on a pitch because some of them are actually athletic as fuck, soccer is the hardest sport to master because YOU ARE NOT USING YOUR FUCKING NIGGER HANDS PUTTING A BALL THROUGH A NET OR THROWING IT TO ANOTHER NIGGER. YOU ARE USING YOUR FEET.

It's the dumbest reasoning ever. I guess boxing is easy since anyone can throw a punch. I won't even mention the scoring part. He went beyond full retard there.

I bet you think CR7 is better than Messi.

No Messi is far more naturally talented than Ronaldo and it's not even close.

Ronaldo is a more complete player though

>Ronaldo is more complete

Stands in the box all the time and scores tap-ins, and offsides goals, and doesn;t run back to the midfield to collect the ball and create plays xDDDD

can everyone shut the fuck up and agree that it's truly water polo players who are the most athletic

If I want to watch sports where you can't use vital parts of your body I would just watch the Paralympics. Not an argument

What kind of 40 time do water polo players?

Probably the best bodies of all athletes. Yes homo.

You use them like this

The muh feet argument. Soccer's design balances that out though by having a fuck huge goal and an ocean of space to work with to dribble and pass the ball. Soccer players are also not under the same percentage demands as players in sports where you use your hands.

A good shot-to-goal percentage is like 20%. Shoot 20% in basketball, and you're toast. A QB completing 20% of his passes is toast.

Not saying one is harder than the other, but the feet vs. hands argument is dumb, since again, in sports that use the hands, a higher success rate of any in game action is expected relative to soccer.

>mma
Lol what a fag

>jog
>jog
>flop
>jog
>jog
>jog
>flop
>pass
>jog
>jog
>flop
>jog
>jog
>pass
>jog
>jog
>flop
>jog
>jog
>kick 3 feet over the goal
>jog
>flop
Wow another exciting 0-0 tie. What a display of technical prowess

>endurance running is the only metric of athleticism
Ok

>strength isnt athleticism
I mean sure, if you ignore the literal definition of the word i guess you make a strong argument

They were sprinters

is he the most talented sportsman in soccer, and therefore the most talented athlete in the world today?

riddle me this: could anyone do what he does if you trained them every day for the next year? because in my opinion, no.