Where does this meme that baseball is boring come from? I hear people say this, and I don't get it...

Where does this meme that baseball is boring come from? I hear people say this, and I don't get it. I've never been a sports fan, but I watched a little bit of the World Series, and I really enjoyed it. Way more fun to watch than football, which I've always found incredibly boring because of how often the action stops.

idk m8. most of the people i hear say it never even try to enjoy it/understand it so they just call it dumb and then watch what they are comfortable watching

it's people with ADHD that think constantly running around means interesting

why are baseball fans so insecure? they're almost as bad as hockey fans. stop being such a faggot and worrying about what other people think about your "sport"

It comes from actual retards, people who can barely reason above the level of chimpanzees.

because it's not a fast-paced game, simple as that

>catcher-pitcher conferences
>coaching visits to the mound
>batters calling time
>pitchers calling time to run through the signals again
>commercial breaks in between each half-inning
>commercial breaks for pitching changes
>the tediousness of a batter fouling off pitch after pitch, then taking a ball
>pick-off attempts (these can be exciting, but most of the time are just warnings or pitchers prolonging the responsibility of pitching to the batter)

then games end up lasting 3+ hours at least
there were multiple 4+ hour games this postseason and I know one of them didn't even go to extras

i love baseball, but god damn can it drag

Because it has the steepest learning curve of the four major American sports

Baseball has little strategy compared to the other big 4 sports and is nothing more than a series of 1v1s rather than an actual team sport. The action that is there is slow paced and short lived featuring fat mexicans wearing chains and white dudes with long hair chewing gum. Baseball is the only big 4 sport where literally nothing can happen for 30 seconds at a time.

if you've never played it's probably hard to relate to the intensity of being at bat. it looks like a few guys standing around flailing their arms.

This. If you don't get Rick and Morty, you're probably not intelligent enough to appreciate the gentlemanly pastime of baseball

I agree with this but still don't understand it. When I was a kid, almost everyone-even the geekiest of kids-played baseball for at least a couple years. Just those few years should be enough for people to grasp the fucking game.

because it's not a team sport. it's really not a sport in the modern sense. it's more of a backyard kids game and the least sophisticated of the major sports in America

>it looks like a few guys standing around flailing their arms

That's because it is. Getting hits is more luck than skill when the best batting percentage of all time still missed way more than he hit.

>this terrible bait

>baseballfags in denial.

they were probably playing in the dirt during the game or sitting the bench to gather any appreciation for the game

No other sport is this insecure lmao.

same can be said about football? timeouts, 70 hours of commercials, blah blah. i also dont understand how you think a batter having a good AB is tedious to watch though. if i was the pitcher i could understand that being tedious but as a viewer it doesnt bother me at all

>literally never seen a floorsqueak post or divegrass fag

>forgetting about soccerfags and ice soccerfags
shiggity diggity

>boreball
enjoy it while it lasts

>is so insecure about his own sport that he has to mention that his sport isnt insecure
IM NOT INSECURE GUYS JEEZ

defense simply has the advantage, it has nothing to do with luck. it's 1 v 9.

I think a big factor is football is a better TV sport, even though it sucks a big bag of dicks to watch live. Nothing beats a day at the ballpark watching baseball.
Also, football is easier to gamble on

Baseball will be more popular than the NFL in 10 years

Nothing wrong with the world's eries. The late playoffs are always great because every pitch matters. It's the regular season that is complete trash.

lmao good one

>implying I care enough about the sports I watch to make threads about them on a nigerian motorcycle repair board

yeah lol more like 5

>Where does this meme that baseball is boring come from?

I'm guess the action it takes between pitches, which to be fair, has increased to an egregious amount over the past 20 years.

Also the long regular season. Someone wanting to get into baseball probably tunes in to some July game between the Padres and Pirates, the crowd is dead, no urgency from the players, everyone kind of going through the motions, and concludes it's boring.

But I still love the long regular season and having a game on everyday, but it's the best time to draw fans into the sport.

>but it's the best time to draw fans into the sport.

*but it's probably not the best time to draw new fans into the sport

Regular season actually is pretty boring compared to playoff baseball actually. I feel like this is the case with every sport though. Playoffs are always significantly more entertaining. Keep in mind also this world series is one of the best in years

>Also, football is easier to gamble on
you talking pre game or live betting? pre game betting, yes. live betting no. baseball is much easier to live bet on. i made a decent amount of money making bets saying that the leading team would hold hold their lead in the 9th inning if i liked the matchups between the pitchers and batter. then i lost all the money i made betting on baseball runlines by betting on football spreads

People think nothing is happening unless the ball is hit into play. They just see a pitcher adjusting himself on the mound, shaking off pitches, and routinely throwing a pitch that the batter might not even swing at. They don't see a pitcher/batter working the count or a batter fouling pitches to stay alive, or a tense matchup between a great pitcher/hitter, or pitch sequences or strategies changing with every pitch thrown.

It's honestly not difficult to see how some people find it boring when they think the only action in the game are hits (especially HRs) , which are relatively rare in the grand scheme of things. Also, nothing can compare to postseason baseball. A random regular season game can honestly seem boring especially if you have nothing invested in either team.

It's just like how I see basketball as a bunch of guys constantly running back and forth, taking turns to stand there until they decide to make the shot, make it or miss, and run back to do the same thing. I'm sure there's a lot more going on beyond what I see, I just don't give a shit.

Agree but most people don't know all that shit. They just look at spreads and bet or fuck around with office pools. Joe Blow doesn't know fuck-all about pitching matchups and live betting.

Basketball is probably the most boring of the NA sports. It's a fun casual watch, but as sports drama, it's dull. No score means anything until the last few minutes. And yes, I know every score theoretically means something, but you never get a sense of "this single event changed the entire game" until the last minute.

In baseball, a pitcher could be cruising along for 5 innings, walks a batter with 2 outs by missing the strikezone by an inch, next guy up hits a single, and then the pitcher gives up a 3 run homer. His team winds up losing 3-2. And we can look back at that missed strike by a fraction of inch that sent the snowball down the hill. .

A missed FT in the 3rd quarter isn't going to send the game on a different course. Only equivalent that can change a basketball game early on is a star player getting in foul trouble, which is kind of cheap.

>People think nothing is happening unless the ball is hit into play.

This. Baseball's action unfolds through the count. A batter working himself into a hitter's count is like a football team making a first down. A pitcher getting ahead 0-2 is like a sack. Fouling off payoff pitches is kind of like an NBA that keeps getting offensive rebounds after missed shots.

Baseball has a lot of action. Just unfolds differently.