Switches between their native language and English continuously when speaking to other native speakers of their...

>switches between their native language and English continuously when speaking to other native speakers of their language instead of speaking just one or the other
disgusting. why do people do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0z8glEkgv55
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I said "thank you" to a Uber driver by mistake instead of "obrigado".
I have been silently cringing for about a week now.

Where did this happen?

many things can;t be translated on the foreign language

sometimes i can't remeber how to say a word in english but i know how to say it in spanish or vice versa. since my family speaks both languages, it's easier this way

>Random thread
>1 guy starts writing in spanish
>The whole thread after that post is in spanish
¿Por que será?

>India

Fuck off.
It just happens sometimes when you're bilingual

i would expect this happens more in switzerland since you guys have like 4 national languages. i guess not

I've heard that there are people who are forgetting words in their native language (despite still living in that country), due to how much they use English online and with friends.

Is that true? It's a bit of a worry for the future of native languages if that is the case.

Mexicans do it a lot here. And my entire family (from Asia) does it. Example: porque todos de los latinos prefieren hablar en espanol pero creen que necesitan hablar en ingles

It is an injustice to both languages. I speak 3 languages yet I keep it all segregated.

Allri' Thailad, 'tis a bit early to be skiving off werk.

>He doesn't understand the joy of mauiling languages together to make them work.

If you can't make it work with your native tongue, that's a disgrace to your people/language tbqh. Keep the languages segregated.

wrong pic, but I guess that works too

Fact is that you can make it work in your language.

But u decidi di messare tutto quattro il sake di quello.
It's not something you say without willingly wanting to sound retarded. But it's still a "funny" thing to do, man of the svizzera lands.

Its usually because one word is easier to say in english. Or whatever naturally comes first to the mind
My grandparents do this to eachother and my aunts all the time

>êsa nikîtohtêyinân asici truck sakâhikanohk
We had went to the lake with the truck.
Âwatâswâkân is the word for truck
>kikwây itêwihtaman store-ihk ôhci?
What do you want from the the store?
Store-atêwêwkamik

Just easier

>creen que necesitan hablar en ingles
wtf immigrants who think that they need to integrate? i think i've seen it all, going to bed.

Not forgetting, but once you've been learning a language for a while (and you don't even need to be anywhere near fluent in it or even use it regularly), you will sometimes remember a word in your second language when talking in your native language and wanting to use that word.
Translating is tough shit in general, I never remember the equivalent of one word in another language, no matter the direction.

I was talking in the context of threads/Sup Forums. I was responding to what that Paraguay guy said.
wtf language is that?
That sounds like how mongrel languages like Llanito or those pidgin languages are formed. You wouldn't want that to happen to German would you?

It's Cree, bud
Plains Cree to be precise

>You wouldn't want that to happen to German would you?
What happen? It's a natural thing that happens as soon as you start getting into a language. Monolinguals will also lack a word at times. And it doesn't happen daily, but I've had it happen.

Interested to hear how that sounds like.

Immigrant here, and here's why;

It's largely because English is a language with an incredibly extensive and ever expanding vocabulary, and as such provides ready made words for things/concepts that our native languages are yet to give a name. So even in my home country you'll encounter a lot of that code switching as it speeds up conversation.

TL:DR; English is a mature Lingua Franca and shit mane.

You sure?
Im on mobile though and vocaroo doesn't work for mobile. Suggestion?

Use your phone recorder and upload it. That's what I do

yeah, simple af grammar/conjugation allows for an extensive vocabulary that's usable in every situation in most languages but that also makes it incredibly hard for people to get the same volubility natives have (despite the fact basic conversational English can be learned rather easy)

*easily

vocaroo.com/i/s0z8glEkgv55
Well this is a first.
Can prob post more now, since i just found out how to do this. If anyone has a request or something idk

Spanish speakers here often switch between Spanish and English within the same sentence

Cute. All the native languages from where I live (the chumash languages) died; I think they've been dead since the 60s.

I always keep them separated. I view people who mix them up to be inferior speakers due to poor vocabulary in the spoken languages.

Yeah i remember reading about them. The original inhabitants of Los Angeles essentially. Still there, but loss of culture

This

Do nips actually say "thank you" often times?

It's a matter of aesthetics.

English is the superior language, it's hard for people not to speak it when speaking their inferior native tongue.

English feels like a "thin" language. I've checked books in English and then translations in Portuguese just for curiosity and it feels like the translation is harder than the original.

Cause its cool

I actually like Spanglish, tbqhwy

It was an ok movie

That's because you don't know it well enough. English is easier, more expressive, and more informative, with less effort.

That's what I said. English feels easier.
For example: to sing
In English: I sing, you sing, he/she/it sings, we sing, they sing
sang and sung

Now look at pic related. I can say only "canto" while you have to say "I sing" every time.

when I speak Romanian I sound as an Italian trying to speak Romanian and is not about accent is because I studied here since elementary school and now Italian is my first language. with Romanians living here I use mostly Italian with some Romanian words or full italian

I speak a dialect over here and we were 90% taught English since kindergarten, 10% Tagalog which nobody uses at all if you came from a dialect speaking place.
So yeah, we fall short with a lot of words thus resulting a mix of a bit of English in a typical conversation when we speak said dialect.