What do you think of HP Lovecraft...

What do you think of HP Lovecraft? He was an American so obsessed with England that he believed only English culture was worth anything, American culture was a second rate knockoff, and everything else was useless. He hated nazis because they hated Jews for the wrong reasons, hated New York because of its interracial crowds, insisted his publisher use British spellings of words, and especially hated Quebec for some reason.

I like him.
He was so hyper autistic it's comedic.
Bet most of his work has been censored over the years

I love his books, but he was an autist. The type of guy that you'd expect around here tbqh

I think his writings are just "exaggerations" like when you troll on a forum and the real Lovecraft was really like that.
also it's stupid of blaming an american for racism on the 20's or 30's when a lot of people shared exactly his opinions.
he was a bit weird of course but I still think most people are exaggerating his case just because he was edgy on some writings.

If he were alive today he'd 110% post here

*was not really like that

>Bet most of his work has been censored over the years
You'd be wrong. Half the charm of Lovecraft here is how over the top racist he is. That's why the official rules for Call of Cthulhu until recently suggested 'exaggerating racial stereotypes' when playing in the 1890s or 1920s setting.

>That's why the official rules for Call of Cthulhu until recently suggested 'exaggerating racial stereotypes' when playing in the 1890s or 1920s setting.
Proofs?

>He was an American so obsessed with England that he believed only English culture was worth anything, American culture was a second rate knockoff, and everything else was useless.
So he was a founding father?

>it's stupid of blaming an american for racism on the 20's or 30's when a lot of people shared exactly his opinions.
That excuse really doesn't work for Lovecraft. Even people of his time thought he went really overboard with how racist he was. And his time was really polarized on it, with tonnes of people in america being really not-very-racist-at-all. And in the broader context of the whole west at the time... Yeah, he was really, really racist

didn't he threaten to commit suicide when he found out he was 1/8th Welsh or something?

Who wouldn't?

>What do you think of HP Lovecraft?
his stories are shit and his fandom is cancerous

He called his cat Nigger-Man

Yes it works, if not so start to ranting about Victor Hugo for thinking there are inferior races and superior races, and the superiors ones must dominate the inferior ones, and also a lot of other writers.
you nordcucks don't know shit about things works in the west because you are not western on the first place.

I have read his tales (in Spanish lel) he had a really vivid imagination but I feel his prose a little amateurish, but that may be cos I read him in Spanish. He was a genius, but not a literary genius

>The Colour Out of Space

That and Pickman's model made me almost shit myself.

I've never found any of his works scary. Entertaining sure, but what is it about his stories that scare you?

>At the Mountains of Madness
>The Dunwich Horror

They aren't scary, just creepy / unsettling.
Otherwordly entities with their ununderstandable motives.

>if not so start to ranting about Victor Hugo for thinking there are inferior races and superior races, and the superiors ones must dominate the inferior ones
No, you misunderstand. Victor Hugo and countless other examples were products of their time. The society around them was the source of their racist beliefs. HP Lovecraft was a thousand times more racist than it was expected or commonly acceptable for one to be. The KKK would have said he went to far. He was not at all a product of his time. His racist beliefs were of his own creation, and not at all coming from or in line with the mainstream culture he lived in.

Stupid yankee knows nothing of the motherland.

*on Sup Forums

>Reading Shadow Over Innsmouth
>Buildup fo rthe finale begins, climax fast approaching
>Story just abruptly fucking ends
I've never been blue-balled by damn a book before.
Fuck you, Lovecraft.

>He hated nazis because they hated Jews for the wrong reasons, hated New York because of its interracial crowds,
and had a Jewish wife

What are the "good" reasons for hating jews?

was it autism?

>Half the charm of Lovecraft here is how over the top racist he is.

You're making shit up. Having actually read his complete works his racial undertones are only slightly stronger than other modernists of his time and there are far more compelling reasons to read him than because of one peripheral theme (although, an important one in that to make up his idiosyncratic composite). anyway kys