How is it that a country so large produces the exact same sort of people everywhere you go? from brisbane to perth...

how is it that a country so large produces the exact same sort of people everywhere you go? from brisbane to perth, the people, the language, the accents, the way of life is exactly the same (not including some minor variations). we're a much larger piece of land than europe but europe has vast cultural and language differences from country to country. is it the isolation aspect? or perhaps that we're such a young country we're still developing those cultural niches.

We are young and we are largely a carbon copy of British culture. The Australian states used to be more distinct but Americanisation has made it very blurry.

>produces the exact same sort of people everywhere you go?
Have you ever left your state, honestly?

That's what I'm thinking. As if Darwin is the same thing as Adelaide.

>Europe
>several millennia of history with several competing cultural gropus
>Australia
>Anglo penal dumping ground

really makes you think m8

The accents alone vary a fair bit. People from SA, for example, sound fucking odd.

because you wiped out other peoples, you fucking war criminals

it doesn't lol
even 50 years ago there was more variance though, due to globalism and general interconnectedness (see: internet). Cultures just mash together in a collective sludge and distinctions die.

There are still plenty of differences between people here though, you just don't know about your own country, probably live in a capital city and assume everywhere is like it.

i've been to adelaide, sydney and smaller towns in nsw (im from qld) and i barely noticed the differences.

Well, obviously. South Australia was settled by German freemen. The state is known to be kinda pretentious and snooty.

As long as we can all agree that Melbourne is full of degenerates.

I found out there are more furries in Melbourne than anywhere else in Australia.

>Europe
>regional dialect so buttfucked you could take a 20 minute walk in any direction and it would be hard to tell people spoke the same language

>this flag this post

for sure. how did that happen to melbourne?

It's full of liberals.

>liberals
Turn off your proxy, Tyler

i dont think you know what liberal means. and besides, im asking how such a concentration of marxists happened to develop in a specific part of the country

To add to the above reasons, there's a lot of nothing in the middle of you. At one point that served as a cultural isolation zone, probably helping you to differentiate yourselves. But it also made for a low total population so you put up less resistance when the Americanization train came rolling in.

Do you think these so called "liberals" are going to vote for the liberal party?

Heart is bursting with joy, eliminate the yank vermin

You can fuck off too.

I dunno about that, people in Perth and Brisbane seem to be more bogan than people in Sydney or Melbourne but I think that's a by-product of the mining industry being so huge that you can drop out of school at any time and get in to some highly paid work in mining.

although that's starting to fade out now and people need to find an alternate industry that requires real training which means they can't be as bum fuck retarded as they are which means slightly more intelligent people on average.

You don't hear the bogan twang in the melbourne cbd on average yet you'll still hear it in sydney and you'll hear it constantly in brisbane or perth.

Go and vote for 'labor'

This.

yeah this is very true, good observations mate. i wonder why intelligence correlates with the accent? just a lazy attitude in general that affects the delivery of words?

:)

leave him alone ;_;

It's called a working class dialect.

right on, interesting how something like that develops. could this be the same phenomena that happened in the south of the united states?

We love you, sheepshagger. :)

pls give job

I was so disgusted when I saw that flag replying to me

britain are our brothers. we are one under the monarchy.

Britain is a shithole.

we can save it though

>britain are our brothers
More like our retarded dad. New Zealand is our cute younger brother but he keeps pestering us for welfare.

Vote yes to leave the EU xD

do you support the EU?

>monarchy
Which is a fucking joke.
You can't be serious.

why?

Stop being poor

What did I do in a past life to be cursed with being born in america and not australia?

you were american in a past life. it's a neverending curse for you im afraid

PRINCESS DIANA
NEVER FORGET

No. :/

Heart is bursting with joy
Eliminate the limey vermin

hook us up cunt