"Get that for killing Jews"?

"Get that for killing Jews"?

I got these numerals for killing jews

what the hell raimi

serious question, why did this movie trigger stormfags?

"Bravery...."

Nazi scum

I used to like it as a teenager, but honestly seeing it again recently it's cheesy af and pure juvenile power fantasy about exacting violent revenge on the bad guys
It's not a good movie even for Braponfeettino

are you daft

>exacting violent revenge on the bad guys

how is this bad exactly you giant pussy?

>power fantasy about exacting violent revenge on the bad guys

What's so bad about that?

Doesn't make for a good movie if that's all there is

>not liking nazis
Beta

>implying there ever are bad and good guys in history

Because they are too dumb to pick up on not so subtle subtext. The Basterds were violent psychopaths, more so than the nazi stereotype, and the film makes a point of this to the audience many times over, but still many didn't pick up on it.

Just look at this guy

see

And no point does the film ever even try to paint them as anything but righteous though whether or not they're violent psychopaths
And everything they do is vindicated in the end when they literally kill Hitler the archenemy

/thread

It will all be shit posting from here on out

Did it not strike you odd that they had a historical figure die in the movie, when no such thing happened? Did you feel like you were supposed to cheer when they killed Hitler at the end?

Does that not also remind you of another group of people cheering at a violent triumph in a movie theater in the same movie?

How are you not getting this?

It was a great movie

>One side starts a war based purely off of their racial supremacy and carries out genocides
>The other side, though not saints, stops them
Yep, no bad guys in this scenario

Guaranteed replies

>Did you feel like you were supposed to cheer when they killed Hitler
>Does that not also remind you of another group of people cheering at a violent triump
Wait are you saying I was supposed to cheer and then see the similarity or that I wasn't supposed to feel like cheering and then not see it

Also, nothing you said has still pointed to anything contradictory in what I said
The film portrays the nazi as systematic nationwide evil that's then being fought on a smaller scale with guerilla tactics by more human and intimate "evil" in psychopathic violence, it still portrays them as being the lesser evil, the necessary evil to disrupt the greater
It even rationalizes their anger and violence in several scenes

fuck off kike, all the "americans" in this film sucked, the germans were so much more fascinating and made me feel sympathetic for them

I always thought it was funny when they introduced him and the German soldier said that everyone in the German army knew who he was, yet when they were in the pub (surrounded by German soldiers) no one recognized him. What the fuck?!

They knew him by reputation but not his face, obviously.

> Are you saying I was supposed to cheer and then see the similarity [between myself and the German audience]?

Yes. They went full on gore with Hitler's death scene for the same reason.

The scene where Lt. Raine casually instructs his men to bash in an old Wermacht officer's skull for not giving away his allies position is also to highlight how ignoble his own squad was.

>Whoa, how dare you be awarded by your nation for killing the enemies during war?! We r speshul cause we joos!

There was a shot of him on the front page of a newspaper though. Kind of a big oversight.

Well, the Major knew who they all were from the word go.

Because he clearly isn't a bad guy in the movie you fucking idiot. He was just a soldier

I didn't really understand how it was filmed as a revenge movie against evil Nazis, yet all the German characters were either pretty normal dudes with flaws or even virtuous role models. Like, the Bear Jew beats the guy to death for not revealing where his friends' positions are so he can kill them.

We're supposed to root for these guys? What the fuck?

I always got the impression that he didn't know until he saw Fassbender fuck up the German 3.

this is such a funny movie for me

the "message" is so clumsily hamfisted into the film, you literally have a scene where the nazis are doing ape hoots in the theater watching nazis assrape the bad guys, and yet you have the completely oblivious amerfat audience going full gorilla and chest pounding at the scene where the "good" guys are beating the nazis with bats

literally some of the most in your face, garbage metaphors, horrible movie really, yet goes over the heads of 95% of the retard tarantino fanboys watching this garbage

> the message is so clumsily hamfisted into the film

It wasn't just American audiences. Clearly you can never be too obvious.

I feel like that was more of a final confirmation of his suspicions. Doesn't really matter, I suppose. Having Hugo go down there was a dumb idea anyway. Especially since they had another guy on the team who spoke German.

Lmao I forgot how much this movie triggered stormtards

technically youre right but i dont consider eurocucks to be human

Makes me wonder if it was supposed to be a meta-satire movie, like how Starship Troopers was. But there's too many straight comedic elements in it for that to really work.

>completely missed the point of the movie
>calls everyone that points this out to him neo nazis

lol

>But there's too many straight comedic elements in it for that to really work.
Does that really disqualify it? Surely it can do both.

it definitely was, tarantino is just a lousy director compared to verhoeven

People who say this give Tarantino way to much credit. He has zero nuance and just enjoys the aesthetic aspect of violence in films. The irony you describe isn't deliberate.

There's way too much set up in the movie for it to be anything but deliberate.

Basically pic related.

thats literally the point. movie itself is the same kind of shit as a movie about sniper guy Nazis are watching during finale. Tarantino is making fun of himself and his audience. so meta it flown right past you

lol the theater scene is literally as blatant a metaphor as you can get

he used the irony as an excuse to make a dumb, violent film, sure, because thats all he can do, but it was 100% deliberate

It's like Ernest Hemingway and his use of 'ice berg theory'. People read in symbols and meanings after the fact.

>Does that really disqualify it? Surely it can do both.
I think it does. We have Jewish commandos getting revenge on Nazis, which is a kind of funny concept by itself, from a grindhouse/exploitation perspective. But one of the major scenes is a Jew killing a Nazi for not betraying his friends, and getting rebuffed when he accuses the guy for getting a medal for killing Jews. That's a very serious scene with tons of moral implications which is never addressed... juxtaposed with a very obvious wax-head Hitler being machine-gunned in the face... juxtaposed with a straight romantic subplot between a German war hero and a Jewish cinema owner.

It's fucking all over the place.

the Waltz scenes and that scene in the bar were 10/10, rest was 5/10

I like how Tarantino suddenly got this introspective subtlety in this particular movie that has never been there before or since
Really makes me think

>In Nation's Pride, the German soldier carves a swastika into the floor of his sniper's nest to the cheers of the audience
>Hitler leans over and says, "This is your finest film yet."
>Brad Pitt "I think I just made my masterpiece." after carving a swastika into Landa's head
>Does anyone have a message for Germany?
>I have a message for Germany.

And that's just the few I remember from the theater scene and the ending.

dude, his second movie was literally called pulp fiction, as in genre of shitty cheap thrill stories printed in magazines sold for a dime. he was always self aware.

You're just some guy. How will you know who is truly "bad"? You won't. You'll just bash in the head of some innocent person, just like Nazis and Antifa do.

If you say it's ok to assault a certain group of people, the definition of that group will always be expanded. And one day, you'll wake up and you'll be included in it.

Don't worry. These things will all begin to make sense in 15 years, when you turn 30.