Alien movie has modern guns

>alien movie has modern guns

This movie is gonna suck and people will look back on these stills as being the biggest red flag

The worst part is that there are weapons in production today that look more futuristic than that.

This shitty movie is what Prometheus haters deserve. This is what you asked for.

>Steyr aug with acog sights and rails
>"gun of the future"

Holy shit the production is fucking lazy. This will suck huge amounts of dicks wont it?

This was the stuff I'd be expecting to see on operators right about now but I guess we are a bit far away from the cyberpunk operatives. People seem to be sticking with the tried and true guns.

Amusingly if you took the scope off and the fucking flash light it would look perfectly fine as a futuristic weapon.

Though I guess that whole stupid fucking rig just for rails is already ridiculous. I have to agree with your statement friend, it just seems lazy.

That looks needlessly bulky even for a shotgun.

This compact enough for ya?

star wars had modern guns....

You're not making a very good case in this movie's defense.

You would think the extra weight would make firing on the move a bitch.
Shut up faggot.

pic related, jawas with mosin nagants

Look on the bright side, at least they're using real weapons and not just sticks that get a gun CGI'd over them.

It's a bullpup suppressed revolver shotgun.

There's also the equally ridiculously sounding DS-12, a bullpup double barrel pump action shotgun.

Despite it being a shit gun in real life, .22 zip guns would make good sci-fi props

To be fair, Prometheus and Alien: Covenant don't take place very far in the future, only 70ish years.

Looking at today's guns, they're aesthetically pretty similar to the ones in use 40 years ago.

If I made a film set even a hundred years in the future, the place would look identical to today except for snazzier phones and cars

Roughly 50 years ago there was a shift from rifle-stocked wood guns to polymer and aluminum guns, typically with pistol grips in intermediate calibers. In 70 years I would expect more powerful guns made of 3d-printed materials firing even smaller calibers at higher velocity.

What? More garbage, like the last one?

Should have went with blomkamp's aliens sequel.

With space travel and androids being as common place in the year 2093 (Prometheus), small arms technology would also have jumped leaps and bounds like pointed out.

Maybe it's product placement?

The laser guns in Prometheus were pretty shit. You'd think they would rip apart that zombie but nope.

Steyr isn't big enough to do something like that. Unless someone on the production team is extremely Austrian, I don't see it happening.

So can we all finally agree that Ridley Scott has become George Lucas?

Ridley is old. He knows he isn't going to capture that magic again so he is cashing out before checking out.

You're all idiots
This is set in a time line where Hillary won and banned all weapons
These are "old relics" from a time when humanity had to combat another great evil, cis gendered white males.
They unlocked these from the vault to fight this new evil

Thats an Enfield you blind cunt

6/10 didn't use the word 'cuck' even once

The DP-12 is like the Moe Sizlac shotgun of the future. But yeah I wish the weapons in this were built from existing ones like in Aliens, not just grabbing easily recognizable stuff off a rack.

The safety on that Steyr is on

Self correction, no it is not

>DP-12
Came here to post this.

What do autists have against Ridley Scott? This is almost as petty as Space-Axe. Because everyone knows that interstellar travel makes cutting obsolete.

why does that gun have a gfx card?

is OP's pic from a live-action film? which film?

reminds me of the bullpup rifle from ghost in the shell

Alien wasn't Feminist enough, so they had to remake it

ALSO

They needed the latest weapon manufacturers to give their best performances in the lead up to World War 3

I'm kind of hoping the space axe makes a return, even as a cameo. Just remembered that m16s/m4s/ARs and L85s were in Aliens on the Sulaco, but they were background filler, not primary weapons like the pulse rifle, smart gun, and flame thrower

Look like a blaster from star wars, it's probably a grappling launcher with a liquid-cable reservoir.

Ignore filename, was just named this for remembrance.

Pulse rifle the best.

No it's a famas

You get triggered by guns and you dont find the portrayal of future computers upsetting in every single aliens movie?

I need this for home defense reasons.

I have an idea for a future gun
Hear this shit niggas...a p90... but in an assault rifle lenght and caliber

The computers in Alien are completely fine. It's minimalist and stylized. The guns should remain within universe. We need a pulse rifle except appropriate to the period.

So

>its another /k/ thread episode

>When you make your transition from Fudd to Bubba.

Just glue a bunch of stuff onto the G-11.

yes

Is this Dirty Pair

What are some movies where a character shoots dows a helicopter with a pistol

How do you go from THIS

The thing I can't get over is I have that same scope. Trijicon makes it, movie is going to suck

Look at that perfect trigger discipline. Seagal is truly the greatest action star man has ever seen.

to this

so why was this never put into use? Is it too expensive or are there issues with its functionality?

Spectre

You and everyone below get THE FUCK BACK TO /k/

Too expensive too many moving parts it takes longer to load than a musket

Rambo does it with a bow&arrow in Rambo 3

Die Hard 3

Typical Krauts

Yeah its such a typical example of kraut shit engie philosophy

Krauts have made MG5's which is bretty cool. Dunno it's performance.

Being a Britbonger, we need to make a new Brit MG desu. For LMG we use L85A2 variant.

I'm pretty sure that's a knockoff

Shit, the actress looks so bland, is this what they chose to be the new Ripley !?!?

which is shocking to me because the sheer amount of effort that goes into any movie is extraordinary, like in that one picture alone, you see an entire room full of custom made shit. literally hundreds of man hours of work but they decide not to bother with guns? it seems strange is all.

How do you go from pic related to:

reminder:
sequels, remakes and reboots are all shit. do not watch.

she has nice nips tho

img.4plebs.org/boards/tv/image/1416/31/1416319655081.webm

Guns are boring who cares

>being literally gay

Faggot.

Why every laser gun sound like shit?

pew pew pew

Nope. That's an EF88. It's a variant.

>that filename

>extra weight a bad thing for a rapid fire assault shotgun

It would make it easier to handle actually.

>carries an extra device to load the mag
>doesn't just carry an extra mag instead

>implying weapons used in the field in the future will be bulky.
>not realizing that the bulky weaponry you see in development today are prototypes and will never be used in a theatre as clinical as that.

I'd rather just pack the weight of cased ammo instead of packing that extra shit and going through that reload proceedure.

>hehe
>member ripley? we even gave her the same tanktop look
>hehe

first two are correct the last one isnt
you dont have to load the mag everytime like in the clip the plastic boc is like a stripper clip to load the mag
it was actually going to be used but the reunification of germany happened and it was dropped without any official reason ever stated iirc

How dumb can you be? It's for reloading mags when you have time, like when you RTB.

FUCK YOU HACKLEY SCOTT YOU FUCKING LOSER

PEBBLESTHESISTERRAPER.JPG