In December 2016...

>In December 2016, Rossum was in a contract dispute with the show’s producers over her desire for a salary equal to that of co-star Macy and back pay for the differential over seven seasons.[37] On December 14, 2016, she announced via twitter that she was ready to return for Season 8, implying that the dispute has been resolved.[38] Following this news, Shameless was renewed for its eighth season beginning production in 2017

Does "equal pay for equal work" apply to acting?

>Does "equal pay for equal work" apply to acting?
No, it's a talent based business. If you're not the talent that draws then you don't deserve the big bux

It's not equal work though

>sign contract
>get mad 8 years later
women are insufferable

They shouldve removed her character like in the UK version.

>and back pay for the differential over seven seasons
thats not how raises work

how can you quantify artistic talent? they are both acting. their pay should be proportional to the time they spend on screen

>mfw cucks think you shouldn't ask for more money

stay poor, idiots

>they are both acting. their pay should be proportional to the time they spend on screen
no
please tell me you dont actually need this explained to you

>sign contract
>fulfill the contract
>successfully negotiate for a lot of money after leveraging the fact that you're an essential part of the show

any reasonable man would do the same

It's the reason Game of Thrones is ending now, so HBO can't get raped on contract renewals.

i'd give her all the money plus fire macy and give her his money

@79512433
>it's a "if I pretend to be retarded people will respond to me" post

Not giving up a (You), take this @

she should show pusy

>I build a widget
>Someone else builds two widgets

who should make more money?

Seems like she did the right thing. At least she resolved it instead of holding up production or forcing rewrites to cut her out of the show.

If actors all got paid the same salary then wouldn't shows be out of business? I mean, this shouldn't even me a gender issue.

Imagine if you will, a salary of $1.

>I build a widget
>Someone else builds two widgets
>Everyone really likes my widget and is just ok with the other persons widget
>my widget sells for much more money than the other persons
I should make more money

>Jew
>Asking for more shekels
>Massive liberal

Nope. Should have gassed her.

I don't see what the problem is, if it is suggested that there is one.

She used the leverage of being one of the main characters on the show to negotiate a better pay.
The if the producers decided that they can't afford it or they didn't see it as reasonable she would've been written out of the show and it would leave her in a position to pursue other acting roles.

It's a reasonable move on her end and it's a reasonable move on the producers' end.

But one widget was made by a woman and one was made by a man

so it isnt fair

She's hella kosher but backpay is ridiculous for a TV show role.

uguu pay up goy

>backpay

she's implying she was cheated out of money from the beginning. she signed a contract. if she discovers in the future she is worth more than originally agreed upon and can convince the studio of that, then more power to her. but backpay is ridiculous

except not ridiculous because the producers gave it to her. Do you not know how business and negotation works? Emmy is evidently more of a man than you are

>Attractive female lead
>good actor
>brought the character she plays to life
>isn't afraid to show skin
>wants same pay as the male lead despite being on screen more
Good, she has certainly earned it.
>Ugly ass old man
>good actor
>brought the character he plays to life
>isn't afraid to show skin
>gets paid well for his work despite not having too much screen time
Good, keep paying him what you've been paying him.

PewDiePie wouldn't stand for her Jewish shit.

As long as she keeps showing her tits and hopefully her ass n pussy, I don't care... I fucking love Emmy-fu!

all the quote said was that they resolved the dispute, not what terms were agreed upon

I don't hear finn, rey, and poe crying that mark hamill was higher billed and made more money than they did in TFA

>another season of Shameless

Literally why though? It should have ended after Season 4.
There's no reason to keep it going.

>let me compare the first movie of a new series to a character on her 8th season

Those Star Wars characters are going to be making a lot more money now. They could've cast anyone in the role, Disney had that power, but not with Mark. Now Disney no longer has that power, they can't just cut Rey out of the series.

EMMY TITS!!

p much this. The back pay thing is ridiculous, but Rossum absolutely deserves to make as much or more money than Macy at this point in the show-- so does the guy who plays Lip.

>if she discovers in the future she is worth more than originally agreed upon and can convince the studio of that, then more power to her. but backpay is ridiculous
she is worth more because of the show. she wasnt cheated out of anything

I always thought of her as the main actor so I don't see why she shouldn't make the most.

Did you miss the part where she wants to get paid more for previous seasons you idiot?

Are you just pissy that a woman is a better negotiator than you? It's basically just the equivalent of a signing bonus, whose value was arrived at by looking at what backpay would be for the previous seasons had she been working at the newly agreed upon pay.

They cut out Carrie Fisher

Yeah, she was a nobody before Shameless. Macy has been in the biz since before she was born.

She deserves more now, but to complain about being paid less than William H Macy when she wasn't well known is ridiculous. And she had already negotiated some more pay during this contract, as well.

With contract renewals typically happening at the 7 season mark, more power to her if she wants to go into 8 making as much as he does.

But being paid back for the seasons where she was most known for Phantom of the Opera and The Day After Tommorow?

C'mon girl.

Made by John Wells. That man keeps his shows going forever. ER was on for what? 15 years? Plus when has Showtime ever ended a show while it was still good?

It's a weird and potentially dangerous precedent in TV salaries if they did indeed grant her back pay. It's more likely she negotiated a higher pay than Macy for season 8. They were both offered the same deal initially, so she was already told they would pay her the same as him. She just wanted more, which arguably she deserves at this point, Fiona pretty much is the show.

>yfw actors don't give a shit or even know how much money they make, as long as they don't run out of it. it's just their jew agents and managers shilling to get more out of that sweet 10% cut

I don't really think it's a weird precedent. Very few dramas run to season 8, and she's been the main character for quite a while with Frank being pretty irrelevant to the show even if Macy is still Macy. You could kill Frank off at any time and the show wouldn't really change that much.

She's actually the worst part of Shameless.

I'll admit I watch the show, after the degeneracyfest in the first 2 seasons it became a decent dramedy to kill time whilst there are no other shows on.

Emmy Rossum's character just does the same shit every season, she's just there to get fucked by a new guy every season and the guy has all of the character development whilst she is just just a miserable attachment. There's no comedy in her arcs, the Lip stories generally get the drama right and much better every season but he isn't begging for more money, the guy's also 10 times the actor she is.

>ywn never be like Vince Vieluf whose agent screwed him over hard in Rat Race and the industry at large

No, I mean granting her 'back pay' for seasons 1-7 would be.

Her negotiating a higher salary than Macy into season 8 makes the most sense to me, Frank isn't as integral a part of the show now. It's all Fiona and Lip.

It's basically just a signing bonus with a motivation and backstory to it.

Based.
She has a few nude scenes

This season Fiona's entire storyline had nothing to do with men/relationships other than a brief tinder thing.

It was super refreshing.

The show would be better if Fiona wasn't there.

The whole cast seems so detached at this point that they could get rid of any of them and the continuity would be just fine.

Literally nothing happened last season.

>Work for a company for 10 years
>The longer I work there the more skills I gain, more responsibility I take upon myself, and more valuable I become to the company. I receive moderate annual raises along the way
>10th year
>Argue that I deserve to be paid as much as the highest paid employee in the company, as well as backpay as though I were being paid at that rate going all the way back to when I was an entry level 1st year scrub

Except in this case she has over time become the most valuable employee in the entire company. Business executives demand much crazier shit, like guaranteed payouts if they get fired for any reason at all.

How can you be this retarded and still use a computer?

is Goku still on the show?

no but he ain't dead

ok? she wasn't the most valuable when she was hired. why should she be paid as though she brought 10 million viewers to the show when she may have only brought 20k?

but no pusy scenes
theres even a secene where she looks at a bare dong but none where her pusy si seen

Have you ever negotiated for a job before? All that matters is that she negotiated and got what she wanted. "Why" literally doesn't matter. Companies rip off and underpay employees as often as they possibly can, but people here are getting pissy that a woman leveraged her importance to the show successfully. None of you would care if it was a man.

i want to lick her face

>there are people arguing in favor of a giant corporation
You are fucking idiots
Always root for the individual
She has the stronger hand now and she feels she should get paid more money and there is nothing wrong with that
She deserves as much money as she can get and should negotiate until the company threatens to ax the show then take a deal because they won't actually ax the show

They are /r9k/ posters who scream about roasties all day.

>be one of the worst parts of the show
>get paid as much as the best

K

It'd be one thing if the show was exploding but hasn't the popularity died down?

she isn't negotiating shit. she doesn't even know how much money she has.

her jew agents want to increase their 10%

For a long running show it's doing pretty well.

This could all honestly just be a stunt to get people to talk about Shameless, if it is, it's definitely working.

I'd be surprised if this doesn't boost ratings.

>WOMEN WILL GET MONEY WHEN THEY LEARN TO BE ASSERTIVE AND DO THE SAME AMOUNT OF WORK!
>main actress in show who drives the bulk of the story, shows endless amounts of skin and is chill as fuck about everything negotiates for more money and gets given it
>wow stupid fucking bitch why does she think she deserves it dumb roastie

Why are you faggots so assertive? If women that worked beneath me were this forward with wanting money, I'd be fucking elated.

a ratings stunt would make a lot of sense actually.