Eternal Arsenal Thread

WENGER FUCKING OUT

Sterling > Wenger

reminder

wenger out

>Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger: "Can anyone stop them? With the way they have started and the quality they have it will be difficult, but you never know. If on top of that they have decisions like they have had today, they will be unstoppable."

>"I believe it was no penalty. We know that Raheem Sterling dives well, he does that very well. And the third goal was offside. I am very upset because at 2-1 we were in the game."

>"The third goal was the killer and it is by coincidence that mistakes always go for the home team, as we know."

>"You can accept it if City win in a normal way, but this is unacceptable."

The gloves are off

>tfw can't wait to see Pardew at >Shitsnal

Reminder Arsenal would have won if not for the officials.

Accurate comments. Pretty shameful and borderline suspicious reffing, seems like it happens quite often when Arsenal play against bigger clubs

Suarez when

He's never leaving. Honestly, just come to terms with it.

Wenger had his chance but was trying to use Jewish tricks and didn’t get him

It was actually Jewish tricks that stopped the transfer, retard. A 'release clause' is exactly what it sounds like. It doesn't mean "well I didn't realise it meant he could leave for less than his value therefore it's everyone elses fault" that Liverpool used.

He could have increased the offer by higher than a fucking quid

You faggots always bitching about DT and the WengerOut crowd being wrong but I'm going to remind you time and time again that the old geezer has gone senile and has lost the plot. Get used to mediocrity so long as Kroenke and Wonga are in charge.

This is the future you chose.

but we literally didn't choose this timeline user, we were born in it. we will die in it.

WHY DOESNT HE PLAY LACA WHY WHY WHY WHY??????

how long did it take him to score when he came on? about 4 minutes? i hate wenger so fucking much.

The Arsenal way is the hard way, boy. Remember that

Okay, I'm going to do it now.

>not selling Sanchez and Ozil in the off season when they wouldn't sign contracts and value was high
>not using that money to buy a proper tough defensive holding midfielder and center back
>still playing Sanchez and Ozil even though they have one foot out the door and cannot play 100% mentally
>still being too scared of starting Wilshere
>still not starting Lacazette and Giroud together up front
>starting Sanchez as your primary goal scorer against the team he's most linked with transferring to
>being a senile old cunt working underneath a boss with no ambition

>>not selling Sanchez and Ozil in the off season when they wouldn't sign contracts and value was high
>not using that money to buy a proper tough defensive holding midfielder and center back
Agreed, we could have fucking bought Lemar and Van Dijk if we wanted to by selling those two underachieving primadonnas
>still playing Sanchez and Ozil even though they have one foot out the door and cannot play 100% mentally
Agreed
>still being too scared of starting Wilshere
Wilshere is a super sub
>still not starting Lacazette and Giroud together up front
This this this this THIS. It's fucking ridiculous just how badly Wenger has botched using Laca so far. Look, I rate Giroo but he doesn't score against big teams and that's why we need a second striker on top while playing a 4-4-2 against the big clubs that can rape us
>starting Sanchez as your primary goal scorer against the team he's most linked with transferring to
Im not even sure City want him anymore. Sane, Jesus, Aguero, Sterling are more than enough
>being a senile old cunt working underneath a boss with no ambition
Agreed. Wenger and Kroenke have got to go.

>November 2017
>Wonga is still Arsenal's maager
Now I remember why I'm not following this hack fraud team development this season.

Just found out my ex girlfriend has MS /arse/
Feels bad.

Same reason he doesn't let Laca play to the end of a game. He hates him. Lucas Perez 2.0.

I want the Wilshere meme to end, but other than that I kinda agree (though shit with selling Alexis, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Hopefully he would get exported somewhere and not rape >us in retaliation).

Hehe his name is nearly the same as the name of the club hehe maybe that's why he thinks it's his hehe

>yfw Moyesanal

Tough, man. Lucky for her she can still live a somewhat normal life depending on the severity of her MS. Go be with her and comfort her my dude.

Honestly as much as Wengz fucks up he's not wrong here.

We were in the game even if we were struggling with them (like any team in the world would and has) and the super soft pen and then completely offside goal totally killed it.

It's not out of the realms of possibility that we nick a draw or even a win if those two objectively wrong decisions don't happen. After the Laca goal we were pushing them and looked dangerous.

Meh... whatever.

Fuck off WOBS

Wenger brought Arsenal an unbeaten league season and a CL final. what have you done?

>Americuck mad for at least two more years
Meanwhile, enjoy your president, Trumpboy.

sanchez and ozil are miles better than anyone else on the side so it's stupid to not play them, even if they don't really care

wilshere is shit and this meme needs to end

rest is good

it was a penalty, just because sterling goes down relatively easily doesn't mean it shouldn't be a penalty and monreal wasn't stupid

city were a class above arsenal most of the game, it wouldn't have changed anything and its the standard wenger deflection when he hasn't bought well enough and made poor selection decisions

Hell no, Wenger shouldn't apologize, Sterling is diving, cheating manlet.

>Shearer said on Match of the Day 2: "There is no way that was a dive and it was a penalty."

>The ex-England captain added: "It's one thing for Wenger to deflect from his team's inadequacies, it's another to question someone's integrity and be wrong."

>"I think he owes Sterling an apology."

is a*

It would be 2-1 to city, or even a draw if Laca was there from min 1, and getting Giroud 2nd half

It was always kind of bad but shit hit the fan the summer Wenger didn't buy anyone besides Cech. He lost the players after that and we're seeing the effects now.

Correct, I think that was the exact point even the players realised they were working for a manager with literally zero ambition.

>there are people who think >we ever had a chance against city with a back 3 of koscielny, coquelin and monreal

lmao you can come up with any scenarios but anything short of city having a player sent off wouldn't end up with any points for us

new

If >we had any sort of offense going thst game could have ended differently. That's still the biggest problem going.

With his goal yesterday aguero (the guy they're effectively trying to replace @ city) has 8 PL apps this year, now 8 goals and 3 assists.

In 7-8 PL apps guess how many goals and assists Alexis has... Go ahead, I dare ya!

I think 3-1 with two suspect decisions to moan about was kind of merciful for Wenger, against a superior side. He set us up to lose really. Though a win would've been unlikely with AOL starting and without Coquelin & Iwobi.

if it was a different team things could have ended differently, such insight

the defence and midfield aren't good enough, the only player really up to the standard was sanchez but the whole side simply isn't good enough and add to that guardiola being a better manager/tactician than wenger

I said it a few threads back, referees basically have the power to decide most top level games nowadays. Top level teams are very similarly matched nowdays, they can all beat each other, and its really down to crucial decisions, as well as little ones that interrupt attacking flow, yellow cards that can lead to reds/stop players tackling, 50-50s given one way rather than another.

I feel that monreal actually wins the ball rather well here and doubt that anywhere else on the pitch, a question of a foul would have ever been brought up, since its still a contact sport and a little barge in an attempt to win the ball is not illegal, makes no difference whether it's on a striker bearing down on goal or a midfielder somewhere else.

Fact that questioning referee decisions leads to fines and possible bans is just a sign of how much the power is with the officials and how clear they are about it.

Arse still could have lost it, but the power of refball is undeniable.

>I feel that monreal actually wins the ball rather well here and doubt that anywhere else on the pitch, a question of a foul would have ever been brought up, since its still a contact sport and a little barge in an attempt to win the ball is not illegal,

It's a barge while he puts his arm across sterlings chest and he catches sterling's leg. It's a penalty all day everyday. He might have got lucky if he didn't put his arm across him.

Refereeing decisions can of course have a large impact on games.

should let arteta come back to manage desu

>, the only player really up to the standard was sanchez
LOLWAT?! you know to a sweet my question from.b4 Alexis has 1 goal & 1 assist in his 7-8+ PL apps this year, and he was utter dogshit again on Sunday.

Honestly if Alexis doesn't score goals or *holds in laughter* assist for you then what's he out there for? Cuz he was good years ago? Shit if you want someone like thst, especially to sell those black kits, then you might as well bring Bergamp back!

The only problem.is, of course, jack wouldn't give up the #10 kit for Bergamp =]

My favorite part about the later years of the arteta era was watching slo-mo replays of opposing goals where you'd see arteta trot into frame in the final few seconds.

I agree with everything else you said about refball, but that's a foul all day. Hence it's a penalty. Barges into the side of Sterling, never touches the ball, overall very clumsy.

>10-2

But he didn't need to that's the whole point in a clause. In fact no one offers more than the clause because why would you unless you like giving money away?

How it works with a player that doesn't have a clause
>"I like him. Offer X amount for him"
>"They said they want Y amount"
>"Offer them Z"
>"They accept Z"
>"Cool, now we can start negotiating a contract with their player"

How it works when a player does have a clause
>"I like him. Doesn't he have a clause of X in his contract?"
>"Yes"
>"Alright, offer the club X and tell that player we'll drop by to discuss a contract with him"

The point of a clause is so the club can't block a player moving by asking for more money from the buying club (the way Liverpool did with Coutinho to Barcelona for example) and it also means they don't have to put in a transfer request if they do want to leave (relegation clauses that almost every player has if they play for a team likely to be relegated). Remember when Ba joined Newcastle after they paid his clause? Well he scored 29 in 54 and then left for Chelsea for £7m. Do you know the reason a player averaging better than a goal every two games left for £7m? Because it was the clause amount in his contract. Do you know why Neymar didn't cost PSG £250m? Because his clause was ~£198m.
What Liverpool did was blatantly disregard a written contract because the owners were seemingly too fucking stupid to understand what the contract was. This being not long after the fiasco of the FA trying to hand Liverpool the title the year before to make up for Hillsborough (you didn't really think all of that refball falling on the 25th anniversary was just a coincidence did you?) and they had to find a way of making Liverpool (the eternal victim of world football) not be the one in the wrong. Easiest way to do that? Blame Wenger.
I'm not even an Arsenal fan, but I'm also not a retard.

tl;dr a release clause is the minimum offer that HAS to be accepted

This is pathetic. Arsenal are a laughing stock.

>ABAs

Kys Claude

Nobody caught on to the fact that pep's teams always blatantly cheated and get away with it? Happened while he was at Barca. Happened at Bayern. Now it's happening at city.

Wilsh is literally the best attacking midfielder arse has to offer. Iwobi? Nozil? Lol.

Sour grapes. City would have won that game no matter who the referee was.

In this universe, that wasn't a penalty. Monreal wins the ball and sterling throws his leg around him. Literally Suarez tier diving.

>Literally Suarez tier diving

You mean "Pires-tier"

City actually isn't that foolproof. You saw it against Chelsea, where had morata not been injured they would have won or drawn.

At 2-1 arse were starting to dominate the game and stood a chance.

Who are we going to not sign in January lads

unlucky for you lot

i was just pretending to still support arsenal

don't pretend, let it go lad

wish it were that simple. im taking this ride all the way to the grave.

a break would do you some good la

The key to why this is not a foul is that Monreal is going straight for the ball and Sterling tries to change his run straight across Monreal's.

You can see clearly in the replay that Monreal is literally travelling straight and Sterling tries to cut across him. It's a smart idea but Monreal has made up too much ground and Sterling ends up putting it into Monreal's path. Monreal is actually more in line with the ball at the point of contact. Monreal doesn't go out of his path to hit Sterling, it all happens because Sterling tries to cut across him but isn't far enough ahead to pull it of properly, hence the shoulder collision. Monreal is allowed to be in that place and challenge for the ball, he is a CB for ffs. He can't be expected to disappear into thin air just because Sterling would like to change direction and have an easier shot. The leg contact is actually Sterling diving, he knows he has misjudged it and now spreads his legs to appear to be fouled.

This would be called a shoulder to shoulder anywhere else on the pitch and is the kind of thing commentators usually say, he was too strong for him there. There is nothing wrong about Monreal's play there and no-one would even suggest it if it wasn't in the penalty area.

On football manager 18, I can EASILY win the league with Arsenal...

I don't even have to invest into the squad that much or at all. Just need to have the right tactics and its fucking easy

Just shows how shit Wenger is desu

Is the side flowing through based Jack lad?

He's my captain, he won PL player of the year as well in my first season

>Chambers

wut

>Pulisic

Marry me

>Wheelchair-Ramsey-Shaka midfield

I'm a goat manager lad
I can bring the best out of players

e.g

3-0 down away at OT
make three changes at half time
win the game 4-3

Make the team have some passion and fight and they win, managing is easy

WENGER FUCKING OUT
He's amazing, he does everything you want. If he's not scoring he's creating, great player

they work well together desu at least for me

Why no Ozil? I know you've always loved him lad

he wanted 300k a week

sold him to liverpool

Good riddance to shit. We Arsemerica now. WENGER OUT JEWMAICAN IN

>merica

Kroenke killed this club.

Pulisic will save it

On Kroenke, why aren't his other teams' fans as pissed off as Arsenal's? They're all doing fuck all and have no investment too

Actually their hand egg team is ahead of schedule. My personal Americasports are gorillians of miles away from his taint thank God.

>Actually their hand egg team is ahead of schedule

wtf how? Considering the best of the best handeggers get paid more than footballers?

Unironically at 6-2 record at present I n a 16 game league. Fucking weird.

Then why Suarez did not come to Arsenal when we met his contract clause?

Liverpool never had a release clause in his contract until after that incident

Then how come Wenger offered 40m+1 pounds as if he knows the exact amount of release clause?

100% penalty

Jewish tricks.

>Pulisic
Dortmund aren't gonna sell him to >us for nothing less than 100 million like they did with Dembele. Probably even more considering how much they depend on him and his marketability as an American. >We will never spend more than 50-60 million for a player unless he's world class and willing to come to the Emirates to play with Walcott and Wheelchair.

THERE WAS NO FUCKING RELEASE CLAUSE

THE PREMIER LEAGUE LAWYERS LOOKED AT THE CONTRACT AND SAID THERE WAS NONE

WENGER IS JUST A FUCKING HACK

It was a video game screenshot lad

Do you think the board would spend 200 million every summer when Wenger leaves? Or will you have Sean Dyche, net spend and value in the market?

because someone lied to Wenger and said Suarez had a 40M release clause

I thought Indos were supposed to be smart?

I can see what you're saying, Sterling is capable of dealing with Monreal's shoulder/arm, but unfortunately, he anticipates the oncoming pressure and allows Monreal to push him off the ball and get the penalty. It's why he was on the balls of his left foot once Monreal made contact, would allow himself to be pushed off the ball easily.

it's still a foul though, albeit a cheap one

also, seems Wenger is bitter over Sterling's comments about never even thinking about joining Arsenal

big fan of wenger

Why would Wenger believed him without confirming to Suarez or Liverpool?

you came to the wrong neighborhood, buddy

it wasn't a lie though

He did nothing to prove he's any good this season. Literally 0 impact during the Crvena Zvezda game and literally 0 quality over Iwobi uring the City game.
The fact that he's held as some sort of saviour icon here only shows you memsters are deluded.

Iwobi is shit and Oezil _could_ be pretty decent (league-wise even) if he bothered to try anymore. Arsenal needs reinforcement on this position more than anything.