Is SNL funny?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d5GN90UiImo
youtu.be/Xnw8JRpXdAc
youtube.com/watch?v=7LYRUOd_QoM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not since the early 90s.

Giving a comedy show too much credit

i think the last funny member of snl is andy (((samberg)))

The sean spicer thing was the only almost funny thing they've done lately, which says a lot. It's not a funny show, the only skit even I've thought was funny over the past couple years was The Californians and that gets tons of hate for how stupid it is.

Calling it a comedy show is giving it too much credit.

fake nooz

We lived through REEEEEEEEE BUSH and we'll live through REEEEEEEEE TRUMP too

Can a late night comedy show topple a presidential administration? I don't even like Trump, but that's a fucking retarded op-ed piece.

adding onto that, the Sean Spicer thing is going to be an anomoly because mccarthy is too expensive right now to have on a lot.

I think it's funny as shit that Rosie Odonnell memed herself by asking to be Bannon on SNL. She's too fried these days to realize you need an agent to set up shit like that.

Sorry forgot to puts quotes over """comedy"""

FUCK NO!

>mfw liberals too scared to shit on king of negros

youtube.com/watch?v=d5GN90UiImo

SNL made fun of Obama for "not doing anything" the first several years. CNN got so asspained that they devoted an entire segment to trying to "correct" the SNL sketch.

It was so ridiculous that Jon Stewart had to call out CNN on the Daily Show for being fucking idiots, trying to "correct" SNL sketches.

normal SNL skit:
>write 1 joke or catchphrase
>repeat for 10 minutes, each time decreasing the humor

political SNL skit:
>repeat an actual quote everyone saw on TV in an exaggerated voice
>regurgitate a joke everyone already saw on social media

Honestly I dont think SNL has been that funny since maybe the Phil Hartman era

The last good political humor on SNL was in 2000

>Sum up your campaigns in one word.

>Al Gore: Lockbox
>George Bush: Strategery

they could've done a few things on his race baiting, or his weird press conferences blaming guns after every terrorist attack.

No, not really, but SNL has ups and downs. It sucked for a while in the 80s but it got better.

Blows my fucking mind when people call it biased like it's CNN. It's a fucking entertainment program, they have no obligation to be unbiased.

SNL has always vacillated between being on life support and being tolerable.

I haven't watched a single episode of that bullshit since Sinead O'connor ripped a picture of Pope John Paul II in half during a live performance proclaiming him to be the "real enemy" of the bosnian conflict.

Holy shit that is actually a real news story, and people actually still view CNN as a reputable source.

But they do have an obligation to be funny. Abandoning a bunch of comedy potential so they don't hit the wrong guy is bad.

>But they do have an obligation to be funny.
Humor is subjective. They're honestly trying their best.

>Abandoning a bunch of comedy potential
You refer to something that only exists within your own head.

>people actually still view CNN as a reputable source.
No.

cutting edge humor right there

>They're honestly trying their best.
Their best sucks.

>You refer to something that only exists within your own head.
Like humor?

And Fox news is?

SNL was funny whenever you happened to be 12.

If you were 12 in the 90s, then that was its golden age. 12 at the turn of the century, then Will Ferrell is a god. And so on.

There's some 12 year old out there right now who thinks this Drumpf shit is comedy gold.

>safe liberal comedy
>funny

Certainly more so than CNN, but they're still propaganda. CNN is at the level of self-parody now.

Not since they purged everyone including Taran Killam.

SNL can be funny if you get blind drunk.

SNL stoned is just a cringeworthy, degenerate, SJW fest.

SNL is a comedy show in New York city. They're not going to attack things they sadly agree with.

They make fun of weird over-exaggerated personalities or more obvious mistakes, like they did with Bill Clinton during his presidency.

I don't know WHAT the fuck they were doing about Hillary Clinton, though, how they treated her like some savior was so damn fucking weird. What was with the piano thing?

There are obviously people who view CNN as a reputable source, how can you possibly not believe that?

What the hell does Fox News have to do with anything? No, it's not reputable either, triggered lefty.

The entertainment industry was a mistake. These people are supposed to entertain yet all they do is whinge about their fucking politics. Burn it all down.

you have an obligation to yourself I guess, to not be phony bags of shit. maybe not in new york, I don't know.

Tip for autists: He's using hyperbole to humorously allude to dropping confidence and ratings in the CNN network, not literally saying no one on the entire planet thinks it's a reputable source.

>Their best sucks.
That's an opinion. An opinion I share but an opinion nonetheless. A lot of people actually really enjoy SNL right now.

>Like humor?
I was referring to the "bunch of comedy potential". Really, that could only mean things that make you in particular laugh. Maybe others too, but if the SNL people don't wanna do that, they're perfectly within their rights.

Hell, if you think there's potential for comedy that they're not capitalizing on, you oughta try taking a crack at it yourself. I really mean that, go for it, dude.

>What was with the piano thing?

Leonard Cohen had just died (the guy who wrote Hallelujah, which is also featured in Watchmen) and Hillary had just lost. Women were sad. Liberals were sad. It was a tribute to Leonard Cohen and Hillary.

Opinions exist huh? Wow, informative post.

It wasn't funny.

people think their comedy on trump is funny because people just want to make trump embarrassed and they know he gets angry over SNL - it's really not funny stuff

Summed it up perfectly, they don't have to write jokes because people will simply laugh at impressions because they know it annoys trump

and then they did a tribute to obama because he was the greatest.

>phony bags of shit
You say that like they're lying to you when in reality, they're just saying what they believe to be true.

How are libcucks 100% ok with Hillary after all the shady she was involved in? Did they even know or did they just not care? How the fuck do they just let her slide but ride trump so hard over everthing?

Go away, we're talking about SNL.

Tribalism. It's team blue.

SNL has done good political comedy before

youtu.be/Xnw8JRpXdAc

Why didn't Trump jail her then? He seems to have forgotten as well.

What did she do? Inb4 muh emails or muh killed kids or muh pizzagate

Trump is especially bad, though the hyperbole lately has gotten really out of hand.

Liberals let her slide for the same reason that conservatives let Bush slide. Complete denials of their faults, and not wanting "the other side" to "win" by admitting any of those faults.

Human beings are still animals, and we still innately are very tribal when we don't actively keep our biases in mind.

Top kek I fucking love Norm. If any of these jokes were told during the last election season he would have been booed intensely.

Only thing I'm mad about him so far. Need that special prosecutor I was promised.

What the fuck do you think chaffetz is doing?

>Sup Forums

You racist fucking piece of dirt, I'll flog ya

>too young to have heard of white water

you're right i guess. really the liberal politics probably wouldn't annoy me nearly as much if it was done with any kind of nuance and wasn't the same shit that every other show is doing atm

SNL had a huge drop in quality after Wiig and Samberg left in 2012. Then when Sudeikis, Armisen, Hader left in 2013.

SNL hasn't really recovered since Meyers left in 2014.

It wasn't supposed to be funny. Just like those two girls singing that song to Obama. It wasn't supposed to be funny. They were mourning.

Note that most musical numbers on the show aren't supposed to be funny.

I don't even watch SNL but I find the degree to which it triggers Trump hilarious. As long as these dumb skits keep Trump acting like a child they should keep it up.

go mourn in a graveyard not on tv

Yeah. The show never really nailed Obama. They had Armisen say "I killed Bin Laden", and I think Pharaoh may have done some impressions, but they totally lay off Democrats.

Kate McKinnon does a great Hillary though. And a great Kellyanne Conway. She's probably the best cast member right now.

>Is SNL funny?
at this point these Sup Forums threads are more tedious than the actual liberals and SJWs themselves

yes, I fucking get it, liberals are unbearable. you don't have to make a thread for EVERY SINGLE fucking thing liberals say or do. it's bad enough liberals exist let alone the fact Sup Forums does nothing but give them free advertising 24/7, pretending alt-right SJWs are any different. fuck off

>can a comedy show that hasnt been funny in decades topple a government

If Trump so, it must be true. Until Fox says something he doesn't like, then it's fake news.

>Did they even know or did they just not care?

Both. They're either ignorant or wilfully in denial.

Just like after Trump's first solo press conference today. He says (rightfully) that Hillary sold 20% of uranium (production capacity) to Russia and not a word from the media. The media was always in her corner. Trump wasn't supposed to win. That's why he's fighting against Democrats, establishment Republicans, the entire media, and even the Deep State.

What didn't she do? It's really hard to sum up a career criminal's crimes in one sentence.

between the late 80s to the early 90s, update had Dennis Miller, Norm, and Colin

Kevin Nealon probably leans left, but his update was very apolitical.

such a great stretch.

and supposedly Kevin Brennan was in the running to take over for Colin. that would have extended the conservative reign on WU even longer. and he probably would have crushed.

Pragmatism. I prefer a familiar crook, which is business as usual in politics, over the incompetent shitshow that is the current administration.

All these women thought they were going to have the First Woman President In World History and they didn't get it. It wasn't about Hillary. It was about Hillary's vagina.

Trump is obsessed with SNL. He's already about to fire his press secretary because of these sketches, so it's not giving the show too much credit to say these things

If SNL didn't do political comedy, it wouldn't be Sup Forums related at all.

SNL is still Sup Forums related, friendo.

those guys wouldn't be allowed in the door now

>youtube.com/watch?v=7LYRUOd_QoM

>the incompetent shitshow

Well liberals and the media have never really given Trump a chance, have they?

>He's already about to fire his press secretary because of these sketches, so it's not giving the show too much credit to say these things

I think that's why he went out and talked on his own yesterday. He was tired of seeing Melissa McCarthy play Sean Spicer.

>He says (rightfully) that Hillary sold 20% of uranium (production capacity) to Russia and not a word from the media

That deal was authorized by like three different branches of the government. Clinton couldn't have just rammed it through by herself. And this was during a time when the government was attempting to warm up relations with Russia. There's no scandal here. Except for the fact that Trump is smooching Russia on the left hand while crying about Hillary supposedly making deals with them on the right hand.

Straight answer from a lefty: most of us aren't 100% OK with the shady shit Clinton did. Something like 60% of all democrats had a negative view of her, and held our noses to vote for her only because she's less bad than Trump. I couldn't even do that, so rather than vote for either, I voted Johnson, who represented me best anyway.

But at the end of the day, it comes down to politics and weighing odds: just like how evangelicals and other hardline conservatives mostly held their noses and backed the least Christian man to run for high office in decades, most progressives held their noses and backed the least liberal and most corrupt democrat to run in decades.

Plenty of people were willing to give him a chance, only for him to prove he only cares about his own ego and giving favors to other millionaires.

The scandal is that Hillary has dealings with Russia, and John Podesta had dealings with Russia. Trump doesn't.

But according to Alinsky tactics, they accuse Trump of doing what they do (working with Russia).

what millionaires did he give favor to

Can you imagine if there were riots on Hillary's inauguration day? Burning limos? A million man march on DC? The press constantly attacking her? Boycotts of everything Clinton related?

No. These babies have been holding their breath since Trump won, fair and square.

All these Democrats were horrified that Trump wasn't going to accept the outcome of the election, but after Trump won, Democrats refuse to accept the outcome of the election.

Plus, it's all the Democrats fault. About 300 supredelegates picked loser Hillary over Sanders, getting all of America in this mess. And Hillary's own campaign elevated Trump as a "pied piper" candidate she was sure she could beat, but it backfired on her and he won.

>leftists caring about intellectual honesty

his cabinet is full of millionaires.

but this is what republicans always do. rich republicans get poor republicans to vote for them, because the left has gone insane on culture war issues like abortion, gays, trannies, etc.

there's no way to be a democrat with conservative values anymore. so people with conservative values are forced to vote republican (and get called bigots).

as if when liberals were in elementary school and the teacher told them marriage was between a man and a woman, they raised their hand and said "uh uh! that's wrong!"

In this case, Clinton had fair business dealings with Russia, just like Tillerson. Both were ethically a bit in the gray, but definitely legal.

It's interesting you bring up Podesta as a parallel. The most obvious mirror of him in the Trump circle would be Manafort, but that somewhat falls apart when you realize that Manafort's dealings were actually in violation of ethical codes, and he was fired for it. Podesta, while definitely skirting the edge of legality, did not cross it like Manafort did.

However, by trying to make this about a parallel between the two campaigns, you play down the actual confirmed extent that Russian connections exist within the Trump campaign in comparison to Clinton's. It wasn't just Manafort and Tillerson in Trump's inner circle. It's also Flynn, Cage, Conway, and Trump himself. And those are just those with confirmed direct ties to Russian officials and operatives. A number more are alleged to be connected, but evidence has not come forward confirming that yet.

Even most Republicans at this point are worried about the extent to which this is occurring. Outside of Sup Forums and facebook comments, where everyone gets pats on the back from like-minded people who think things could never go bad for Trump, there is serious concern that Trump may very well have done something monumentally stupid during the campaign, like directly trying to use Russian spy and intel agencies to find out compromising info about Clinton.

That's the current story that a number of reporters are curently looking into: it was just confirmed that rump has repeatedly had covert and direct contact with high level officials in the Russian intel agencies during the exact time frame he previously claimed he had no contect whatsoever, and during the time that he was egging on the Russians publicly to find Clinton's deleted emails. If Trump did fuck up by asking the Russians directly and covertly to dig up dirt on Clinton, that is an impeachable offense.

I watched one of the Trump sketches with an open mind. At one point, the sketch went serious and the cast member ranted at their Trump character for thirty seconds and the audience cheered. I don't mind comedians dressing down politicians to cheers but she didn't tell one joke. No snide remark. Just ranting about how she didn't like him. Shouldn't they like try to tell jokes?

i don't know what's inherently wrong with being a millionaire, unless you think anyone with money exists to do you harm

Violent protests are inexcusable, but trying to put a peaceful protest like the women march in the same category is a laughable smearing attempt.

The first spicer was actually pretty entertaining and got a few chuckles from me.
The follow up was despicable and had this stench of "remember that thing from the first one? Here's that but worse".

The Uranium One scandal is legal?

Was Manafort Trump's campaign chairman on election day?

Did Republicans make up the meme "fake news" to deflect from shit in Manafort's emails? What's funny is how Trump has turned the term "fake news" on Democrats and the media. Some journalist at Trump's press conference on Thursday said something like "doesn't calling things fake news undermine people's faith in the media?" Again, something else the Democrats came up with, that backfired on them -- just like birtherism, which Hillary's campaign came up with in 2008.

Podesta hasn't done anything illegal? Like rigging the Democratic National Committee? Like having journalists give debate questions in advance to Hillary?

The point is that Hillary's campaign has tons of ties with Russia, so Democrats are accusing Trump of having them. This is straight out of Saul Alinksy's playbook, which he learned from the mafia in Chicago.

Which is it? Did Russia want Trump to win or not? Because a Russian spy ship off the coast, and jets buzzing somthing, and other Russian aggression doesn't seem exactly like Putin and Trump are friends.

Plus, Trump has already dealt with the "dossier" that some spy cooked up. And the CIA and NSA, by all accounts, are directly opposed to Trump. That is the Deep State, the "permanent" intelligence community that Assange said is fighting a democratically elected president.

Plus, the DNC leaks were by a Romanian hacker, not Russia. And the hacker's name, "Guccifer", just happens to be a homophone of "Gusifer", which is something John Podesta is linked with. People don't really need Russia's help to dig up dirt on the Clintons, they wallow in it. If anything, it appears that Democrats (or intelligence agencies) asked Russians to dig up dirt on Trump, leading to the bullshit Pissgate dossier, which may or may not have included information from Sup Forums trolls.

And the CIA has interfered in other countries elections for decades, no peep from Democrats.

millionaires are more likely to look out for other millionaires, not proles and plebs.

>trying to put a peaceful protest like the women march in the same category is a laughable smearing attempt.

Really? The "peaceful" protest where Madonna said she wanted to blow up the White House? That protest?

Imagine if Hillary had won, and there was a million man protest, and some retarded musician said he wanted to blow up the White House.

The fact that liberals cannot condemn their own speaks volumes.

the second spicer sketch was lame.

but the showing off the bracelet and high heels was funny.

It would have gained the same type of coverage as Madonna's comment did now. Plenty of people didn't like that she used such hyperbolic language. From both sides of the narrow aisle that counts as America's political map.

You keep saying that Spicer is about to get fired. It's not going to happen. Not because of SNL anyway.

maybe in uncle scrooge comic books, but in reality the rich help less fortunate people out a lot with donations of time and money.

>Plenty of people didn't like that she used such hyperbolic language.

Who are all the big names on the left/liberal/Democrat that have condemned what Madonna said?

Where does that info come from? CNN?