/lbg/

Letterboxd thread: post profile and discuss what you recently watched

Reminder: for a limited time you can import your data from imdb/other websites without having to pay for pro

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/SwimmingPool/
youtube.com/watch?v=-euYpdi3_wo
youtube.com/watch?v=u7WFWltsSPc
youtube.com/watch?v=iDdXYd4d-78
youtube.com/watch?v=xdNnwblAONM
thefederalist.com/2016/08/29/white-pride-creepy-black-pride-isnt/
letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/
letterboxd.com/machill54/
youtube.com/watch?v=V9t4SKWryWM
letterboxd.com/Shao_liu_ringon/
letterboxd.com/Shamo/
letterboxd.com/drunkenimp/
youtube.com/watch?v=l9WKZpC9UbU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

PREVIOUS THREAD:

>discuss what you recently watched
I saw McCabe and Mrs. Miller. I liked it.

letterboxd.com/SwimmingPool/

Moonlight is honest filmmaking

Emily Jean is amazing

I'm planning on seeing it on Sunday. In 3-D, no less!!!!!!

don't watch it in 3D, watch it in flat

For Friday night, I plan on watching Footlight Parade (1933), Ride Lonesome (1958), and To Trap A Spy

Tell me what you think of these. Is this a good triple bill?

>Footlight Parade
Great. I love the Shanghai Lilly number in particular. It has a Madame Butterfly feel to it with the WM soldier and AW.
>Ride Lonesome
Decent western but there are better Republic studio westerns imo.
>To Trap a Spy
Haven't seen it.

What about Suez (1938)?

Haven't seen Suez but have seen Algiers (1938) also set in North Africa. Also saw the Man Who Knew Too Much yesterday.

Casablanca is showing at the cinema on Sunday, I've never seen it, should I go

Or should I go to John wick 2 instead

>I've never seen it
Why are you here, embryo?

because I love memes

'Big daddy memelover' they call me

Split was t r a s h

Creepy was pretty disappointing. I like Kiyoshi Kurosawa, but what has he done for me lately.

Some tunes, guys and gals

youtube.com/watch?v=-euYpdi3_wo

And a little more

youtube.com/watch?v=u7WFWltsSPc

youtube.com/watch?v=iDdXYd4d-78

who will star him in the inevitable biopic?

Hippie bullshit

Merry christmas /lbg/

journey to the shore isn't very good either and the French film he did sounds like the same old same old. shame.

youtube.com/watch?v=xdNnwblAONM

Been browsing the site lately, tempted to join up and abandon IMDB for recording watches but holy shit this has put me RIGHT OFF.

Is this a usual happening on Letterboxd? Think I'd rather read what the slobbering retards of IMDB have to say about the latest capeshit.

dont worry if that cunt gets the slightest inkling you post on Sup Forums she blocks you for no good reason.

Letterboxd is a garbage site for pseudo-intellectual teenagers. Use mubi instead.

what the FUCK is that font rendering bruh

It isn't known as SJWboxd for nothing

She has a point. How can you be proud to be white? What does that mean? Are you german? Irish? French? British? Hungarian? Russian? How can you be proud to be something when you don't know what you are?

thefederalist.com/2016/08/29/white-pride-creepy-black-pride-isnt/

Because "pride" in this sense (black pride, gay pride, etc) does not mean the same thing that people who want to celebrate white pride think it does.

They think it means, "Woohoo, we're awesome and have achieved many awesome things! Celebrate us!"

But that's not what's going on.

Minority pride is all about not being ashamed. White pride, as currently celebrated by everyone who tries, is all about trying to assert superiority and innate merit.

Pride parades/celebrations are, at heart, an expression of solidarity and defiance. What a gay pride parade says is, "Yeah, fine, you said we were perverts who deserved to die, and you even killed us A LOT, and here we are! With rainbow FEATHERS on our LIVING ASSES. Screw you. We're here, we're not going away, and you can freaking deal with it."

White people don't need a parade or celebration that says that, because white people have never been -- in Western Europe, in the past several hundred years, at least -- oppressed, murdered, and universally suppressed as a broad class of people by governments and societal power structures.

Also, even if you want to have a "Woohoo, white people have done amazing things, discovered stuff, built things, and changed the world!" celebration ... do you really need one? White people who achieve things are about 90% of all the people-who-have-ever-achieved-things who get mentioned in history books, get movies made about them, and so on. White people are celebrated and their pride expressed nearly every day of every year. They don't need a parade for that.

Personally I think pride is the wrong term to be using (because of this misunderstanding), but it's been in use for decades and my own preference isn't exactly going to change the world.

Real isn't fantastic, but at least it's entertaining.

Yikes. I honestly never see these faggots because I don't watch bad movies.

Yes, part of what you say makes sense. However, on spite alone for the victim ideology and the 'toxicity' of sjws varied, the assertion of the dominance and the pride on it- be it male, white or straight- gains relevance and value.

what should I watch tonight?

in english?

Sorry you're stupid

letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/
Ask not for whom the kino tolls, it tolls for thee.

letterboxd.com/machill54/

hello!!!!
Hope you have a nice weekend

t. embryo

t. fagboi

i mean, she is right. What's the point of being proud to be X when you are not discriminated/harassed/jailed/killed because of X?

please don't assume my gender

being a fag has nothing to do with gender baka

>'''''''''''she'''''''''
>right
Yeah, no. Pride on an sjw's mind can only come through being a victim and here you are buying this bullshit

I don't understand millenial shitposting.

so what? if you are a victim, you are somewhat wrong?

Being a boi does though you plum

Very much, being a victim is a choice. Naturally victimhood became the preferred ideology for all garbage worldwide.

so let me get this straight, if you are sold as a slave, it's your choice right?

youtube.com/watch?v=V9t4SKWryWM

SONG TO SONG TRAILER

>old people going to music festivals

To be a victim, yes. Nice of you to use the example of an so-urgent concern with slavery.

Who chose the change? Weightless was better, STS sound too chick romancey

so, a slave is a victim because he chooses to become one, not because of the fact that is... well, a slave?

A slave is one thing, a victim is another. He may not choose to become the first, but will choose the second- or not.
Your brain really works slow, sjw.

>victim = "someone or something that has been hurt, damaged, or killed or has suffered, either because of the actions of someone or something else, or because of illness or chance"
why making words up?

Not only slow, but inescapably fucked up.
As said, victimhood is an ideology and you're a proud member of it.

great rebuttal my friend, really don't know how to answer that

it makes it better desu
how many people are going to go on dates to this flick thinking its a normal romantic flick. They just see they title and the people in it, without any knowledge of who malick is

Reminds me of Spring Breakers

Group parameters can be as wide or as narrow as desired. In the same way a Presbyterian and a Baptist can both be proud of being Christians. That said, people care way too much about innate characteristics.

I think the problem here is that they think you can craft your own identity independently. If it that were the case I could post my profile and decide I was a cinephile and no one could say I was an embryo.

Why are there THREE Voyage of Times. Any why are NONE of them available to watch.

letterboxd.com/Shao_liu_ringon/
Nightmare starts off quite well, with decent characterization for a horror film protagonist and good dream sequences and suspense, but kind of loses some of its charm after the first big reveal, then redeems itself in the end.

Almayer's folly is the first Ackerman film I've seen, after watching it I may consider more, some great shots of nature/water/the jungle in this one and the lead actor did a great job, but while I liked the theme/story I was hoping for it to be a bit more developed.

I'm baffled by my own ratings of Manhattan murder mystery and slacker as I've generally been reasonably okay with Allen and Linklater's films/humour from what I've seen by them.

dumb trashposter
happy halloween
you're xenophobic
cuckoo's nest
Emma
Wahoo!!!
For someone who claims to know so much about cinema she knows nothing about lighting.

>I know it's a masterpiece, but I didn't get it.

why is 4/5 the most pleb rating?

>8/10
>masterpiece

Cuckoo's Nest is great, definitely watch it.

letterboxd.com/Shamo/

Is acid really an SJW or are people just jealous that he's fucking amaranth. Red pill me on acid.

Bad taste.

well, amaranth is a tranny so i guess he's a tranny lover. they're both edgelord meme spouters so they're perfect for each other.

I'm in love with Emily Jean!

why

She's amazing!

>favorite film is Koyaanisqatsi
>hasn't seen anything else by reggio or fricke

it's obviously his best. it was a landmark that was as significant as Tree of Life.

the sequels were iterations on a theme established fully by Koyaaniqatsi.

Naqoyqatsi, which deals with the technology of the 90s, hasn't aged very well either

NEVER fart on somebody's balls.

Baby

I would agree its the best but the others are certainly worth watching especially Baraka

Ah-bloo-bloo

ive seen parts of baraka and samsara, they are fine, ill watch them eventually. and i havent been that interested in the other 2 movies in the quatsi trilogy since i doubt they are as good but ill eventually get to them. theres just too many movies.

>Wahoo!!!
agreed my man

don't call me that

>irc bows to acid
>in contact with amaranth
etcetera

letterboxd.com/drunkenimp/

Weird

youtube.com/watch?v=l9WKZpC9UbU

Nashville

Reminder that no film is as good as being in love

hype

i wonder if it has a more traditional plot like the trailer suggests or if that's just an attempt to get normies to see the movie

who the fuck names themself sangwidge

there's an episode of Harvey Birdman where Potamus refers to a sandwich as a sangwidge

i thought it was funny