Redpill me on Mel Gibson, is he a good director?

Redpill me on Mel Gibson, is he a good director?

Other urls found in this thread:

crazydaysandnights.net/2016/01/blind-items-revealed-1-360.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hacksaw Ridge is genuinely his weakest, but yes a very good director.

Have you ever seen any movie he's directed?

Shooting a film in a foreign language is very daring stylistically. Apocalypto is pure kino.

Go watch Apocalypto and you will know.

Watch The Beaver

>watch a movie he directed
>decide for yourself

Stop being a lazy cunt

ive been meaning to watch this mel kino

lately ive watched
lethal weapon 1-4
hacksaw ridge
the patriot
We Were Soldiers

but way past his prime, maybe?

Directors don't have "prime" and lows you dumbshit, just good and bad scripts.

Thanks to a subtitle error, I sat through all of Apocalypto without understanding a single word.

I genuinely thought the entire movie was SUPPOSE to be without subtitles and you were suppose to infer the characters and plot from their actions and what happened around them.

I am completely serious when I say that it was one of the more unique experiences I've ever had while watching a movie. Your head really works differently when you assume that you're not suppose to understand the spoken language.

"Say what you want about Mel Gibson, but the son of a bitch knows story structure" - South Park

hes not past his prime, he got blackballed. Had RDJ beg all hollywood in public to forgive him. Hacksaw Ridge was probably a film to test the waters, $40m budget etc. His last film before this was fantastic (Apocalypto)

That is hilarious user, it almost happened to me too.

Everything he does is basically a variation on the story of Jesus, except for the movie that was actually about Jesus.

Why the fuck would you make this thread?

The really bizarre part was how well the movie held up. To this day I've never gone back to watch it with subtitles as I'm guessing that 90% of all my assumptions of plot and motivations were wrong.

This make you uncomfortable jewboy?

Even if he weren't a great director, what's not to liked about based Mel?

Hard mode: no anti-semitism

Pound some more budweiser fatbody redneck.

>(Apocalypto)
>2006

Unironically YES. He knows how to tell an emotionally engaging story (however embellished) and how get the best performances from his actors. He can also frame action scenes like no one's business.

All this for quarter of the cost Hollywood spends on the average blockbuster.

A guy I know did the same for the recent Planet of the Apes movie.

Yes. Whats your point?
Malick had a 20 year break, although his was voluntary

I did this with Das Boot

just that hacksaw ridge wasn't a good mel comeback movie

very true. Hopefully he's given some freedom towards his Viking movie. He has already started scouting locations

Yes. Also he knows the truth about niggers and kikes. He's literally our guy.

Almost happened to me too, too. Reading anons story makes me wonder if I would have had the same experience.

Kill yourself libkike

He's great when he hits, but he's honestly pretty uneven.

Hacksaw Ridge was pretty shitty until he actually got to the war.

Yeah, his movies are great but pretty historically inaccurate which ultimately doesn't take from the fact that they are very well done.

The war part was the worst.

Should I watch apocalypto?

you are both stupid retard who have no idea what a good movie is supposed to look like it fucking hurts.

it's well acted, well monted, all action scenes are clearly show , every characters evolve during the story, the narration and directing is flawless and in the end you have a movie that make sense and is emotional. From the premise to the end.

Which is a result far superior that any fucking capeshit has ever done, or any recent action movie.

can you both please tell me which movie you though were really good that you saw recently ?

i thought it was a great movie, really well made.

Based on your Chinese cartoon reaction image you'd be better watching Winding Refn flicks.

apocalypto was a master piece. i thought he was pretty average before that film. it showed the guy knows what he's doing and can get some real great shots. this is part of the reason my dream is to see him direct a new conan movie. i think he's probably the only one that could nail it

I only liked only god forgives, couldn't get into his other ones. The main issue with it was, how painfully long most scenes were.

>“It’s so crazy that Mel Gibson gets to make those insane movies and like scream about Jewish people on the street and then he gets to make a movie and everyone’s like, ‘But he’s an artist!’” Dunham is confident that, “If a woman went on a rant about Jews she would literally be like put in a dungeon.”

I'm pretty sure that's what Mel intended but Disney (in this case, touchstone) requested subtitles

kek straight out of that Family Guy copy pasta

No, but is he is one of the few that is willing to change his style with every movie and try different genera of films. Which makes him better than most.

I don't ever want to see or hear this cunt speak about Mel again.

Pisses me off that Polanski and Woody Allen are treated like kings in hollywood while Gibson gets shut out for badmouthing jews.

Fuck this cunt just looking at her makes me sick.

October 5, 2015

I guess its fitting that this is being written in the same month as Halloween. The thing is, it is right up there with any of the scenes you would see in a slasher movie. Apparently there are a handful of people who know this story, which is way more than you would expect with something of this significance. It happened about a decade ago on a film set outside the country. It involves a then A+ list mostly movie actor who was married at the time. Back then he was a quiet cheater and kept his indiscretions outside the country which is why he probably shot so many movies outside the US. Later he would change his strategy when it came to cheating and it backfired in a big way.
Anyway, our actor was hooking up with a local woman. He was experimenting with drugs which he still does now. Usually he goes for more of the hallucinogenic variety rather than coke. Combined with the steroids and HGh he takes, he can be this rage machine that thinks he is seeing things. Since there were only two people in the room when it happened, no one knows for sure what led to it, but a woman was killed. The same woman he had been hooking up with. She had a broken neck and burns on her body. At the time it happened there was a massive hurricane in the area and no power. Production on the movie had been shut down because of the wind and rain. Our actor was staying in a house he was renting. One of the crew was called to the house by an assistant director and told to bring a tarp and some heavy duty tape.

Cont.

He went over to the house and the assistant director met him at the door holding a lantern. The crew member saw what he thought was a mannequin’s body lying on the floor. he thought it was a mannequin because he didn’t think it was possible for a human to be in that position. Probably why she was dead. He handed over the tarp and tape and then left. Another crew member said that he was asked the same night if there was some kind of bulldozer available. he said yes, and when he was asked what it was needed for, he was told they just wanted to see if one was available in case there was extensive storm damage. When that crew member showed up at the holding area where the production kept all vehicles and equipment two days later, the lock to the gate was broken but nothing was missing. The bulldozer however was in a completely different spot and was covered in mud. What is bringing all of this together now is that the assistant director who was making all the calls is not receiving money from the actor any longer and has been talking to other people about selling the information he has about the woman and what happened.

Mel Gibson/Apocalypto

> crazydaysandnights.net/2016/01/blind-items-revealed-1-360.html

I just marathoned this post (skipped the boring bits). What did I think of it?