Imp

How has American culture change your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_of_Finland_stamps
aclu.org/other/biography-plaintiff-ahmed-agiza
desuarchive.org/int/search/text/Basketball was invented by a Canadian/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgment_of_Paris_(wine)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It made us fat
It has all been for the worse

>american
>culture
that's an oxymoron

you're an oxymoron

Made us greedier and more egoistical.

You're an Ox

It has degenerated our language and culture. Young people use english expressions and celebrate american holidays. Fuck you.

>American holidays
Like the 4th of July?

No, halloween and valentine's day are the main ones.

You're a m*ron
(Don't tell my mom I sweared)

Fucking Halloween.

This meme needs to die.

You mean like "Trick or Treating" on Halloween and giving chocolates on Valentine's Day? Doesn't sound so bad.

This.

Well, trick or treating is actually done on Easter with some variations, but otherwise yes. It's more just people following american fashion and trends like everywhere in the world.

But other than fast food does American culture really have adverse effects on Finland? You guys seem to be doing alright.

Mostly the slutty part of Halloween but it is replacing a Finnish holiday "pyhäinmiestenpäivä".

lol I laugh every time when I see "culture" and "america" in one sentence.

>not wanting to celebrate halloween

Yeah, we are. The thing that annoys me the most is how the finnish language will become a mix of english at this rate. People are doing things like using the passive you, which doesn't exist in finnish and replacing native words with loan words. Thankfully people here do like traditions at least to some extent.

Then again, modern Russia has no culture at all.

>implying

They have a shit ton of culture desu. I can list a multitude of examples

>be me, like fifteen years ago
>learn of Halloween in class
>go out trick or treating
>neighbors call parents because we're out begging for food in the evening
it was fun

Since apparently Finnish culture involves Spurdo memes and sitting in a room naked sweating for an hour while staring at another dude's balls.

per capita its better than US

Don't forget

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_of_Finland_stamps

per capita in what metric you goddamn illiterate slavshit subhuman?

>being b8ed this easily
>sounding like an angry underage Sup Forumstard
People like this guy are what makes American posters look bad.

America's culture is more widespread and idolised than any other in the world.

You may not like it or respect it but it's a fact.

Iceland uses American culture for political statements.

Delete this

>People like this guy are what makes American posters look bad.

No, genuflecting, foreigner-fellating asshats like you who spend all day putting on a "ACCEPT ME WESTERN EUROPE, WERE ALIIIIIIIKE" dance are the cancer here. You do realize that everyone, both Americans and foreigners cringe at that degree of asskissing, right?

>No, genuflecting, foreigner-fellating asshats like you who spend all day putting on a "ACCEPT ME WESTERN EUROPE, WERE ALIIIIIIIKE" dance are the cancer here
And I did this where now?

Also you are obviously underage given your, how shall I say it, extremely short fuse.

Fuck that, Tom of Finland is a national treasure.

Halloween is based as fuck though desu.

It's better than Christmas for a lot of people

Fucking ruined it. We might as well apply for statehood at this point.

>He's still buckdancing like an obedient slave for that sweet Euro approval

ebin :DD

NO DONT!

Minnesota has all the Somalis we need right now so please don't.

That might work out well for both of us, since we don't really want more muslim immigrants, you'd have to kick them out first.

Lower the entire country birth rate, because TV told them that need to own fancy and useless things to be happy.
We used to buy good stuff because it last longer. Now days people simple buy Chinese shit that last a week. I am fucking tired of seeing all those fuckers wearing shirts with random English words on it. For fucking sake. only 5% of my country speaks English, why they would do that?

>only 5% of my country speaks English, why they would do that?

Happened with me too.

I got bread for one house before my dad arrive and beat me.

No it isn't. The only celebrating people do is buying overpriced halloween stuff and doing "halloween parties" (regular parties except you might be expected to wear a costume). It's a completely pointless holiday here.

In my point of view. It's the same thing than tattoo a Chinese soup recipe in your arm.

DO YOU FUCKING KNOW WHAT IS WRITTEN?
THEN DON'T WEAR OR TATTOO IT, YOU RETARDED.

Tom of Finland was a war hero.

I don't think 60k is going to matter among 320 million.

You've already helped us do that in the past.

aclu.org/other/biography-plaintiff-ahmed-agiza

Everything you all think of as American is probably Canadian

Halloween trick or treating is Canadian, not American. Valentine's Day is British

No, it isn't

Halloween is Irish

>Halloween trick or treating is Canadian, not American. Valentine's Day is British

Maybe, but they're here because of America.

The old form of the holiday is Irish and British, the first recorded case of kids saying "trick or treat" and expecting a sweet was in Alberta, Canada. It's why I specified trick or treating.

How did America bring them to Finland?

Irish people trick or treat for potatoes.

MOVIES
Everyone watches Hollywood shit.

Valentine's day is a Hallmarkian holiday.

Halloween had it's origin in Hershey, Pennsylvania.

TV-shows, products, internet etc. America is influencing every country's culture.

Stop getting baited by that leaf spergking. He's does this whole "CANADA IS RELEVANT PAY ATTENTION TO ME" shit in literally any thread where America is mentioned. It's been happening for weeks now.

The top 2 grossing films of all time were written, produced, and directed by a Canadian. The top grossing and longedt running film franchise is British. The best selling band of all time is British. 7 of the top sling novels are British and 2 of the remaing, while American, take place entirely in Europe.
Top grossing isn't a measure of quality but it is an indicator of exposure and consumer market saturation.

Starting from the 60s we changed our dietary habits and adapted some english words later over the internet. Now we also celebrate halloween in the form of parties and some people even valentines day (yuck). Our cloth sizes which used to range from all kinds of numbers on a large scale shifted to the easier S M L XL range and we adapted the chancellor tv duell. Our lefties and far righties start to use "white" unironically as identification which bothers me a lot and the financial system became gradually more anglo.

>weeks now
At least 4 years on Sup Forums
And no, Canada is relevant at all on a global stage, but it is annoying how much Canadian culture is thought of as American by most people.

Your statistics are irrelevant.
Those movies that you talk about, where made prior to WWI, where few movies where made, and the only thing in cinemas was the exactly same movie for months.

Our movies are primarily american albeit people call them out on this ocasionally as the way the actors act is still a bit foreign to us, german kids start imitating stacey bitchspeak from american tv shows until they get brought to reason at a certain age. It has become an annoying but only short phase-thanks god.
Our turks imitated american niggers but mixed that with islamic anatolian honour culture which gave birth to german "ghetto"rap that now has changed into a more tame normie genre persiflaging itself.

>He's still at it

Rest of thread, follow this link and see for yourself desuarchive.org/int/search/text/Basketball was invented by a Canadian/

Canadian insecurity is a different kind of monster desu.

Titanic, Avatar, and the James Bond franchise predate WWI?

Because they're pretty fucking similar for the most part, being (((Anglo)))-founded colonies right next to each other around the same time

t. Pagan

>Titanic
Old cunts favorite movie.
>Avatar
Complete shit. You can't even use it as example since people only know about this movie because the rivers of money throw in media.
Seriously, they brought this movie into statistics claiming that the number of people who watched it was 40 times bigger because they pirated this crap.
Worst download of my live.
>James Bond
None of those got into "most watched movies", maybe if you count all of them together, you got something like "who wants to be a poo in loo".

That's an excellent point. It's North American culture that's so pervasive globally, not just American.

nobody's doing that, you're just mad as fuck

What?
Are you talking about Mexico? because no one knows anything from Canada.

Mexico too
I thought basketball was popular in Brazil?

Normies in Western Yurop are basically Americans without the citizenship (and, more often than not, without the language either).

They unironically dream about living in New Jersey or Ohio, while hating themselves because they're "just" French or German.

We also like to repeat american social upheavals with a one and a half year delay whether it makes sense for us or not such as the atheism hype around 2012-2013. Also companies try to imitate american ones with stuff like "creativity rooms" and universities adapted the bachelor master system some time ago.

Bullshit desu.
There are still some subtle differences in the way they talk and act. Like the way people make friends (a few good ones vs many shallow ones) and their smile culture is uncommon here.

Good quads, they remind me that our main degree in France (five years after completing high school) is called "master" in English.

Same differences between a New Yorker and a Texan from the cuntryside.

Did you went to america to confirm that?

Canada doesn't have a culture. Just stop.

They made us stop genociding people.

nice argument

You are identical thats why. We regard you as america minor, an independent extension.

The bastards! Fuck americanisation

Europe is doomed, anybody with some sense would prefer the US.

If I was told that Americans have more differences between themselves, than Europeans have with each other, I would believe it. (on a day-to-day behavior etc. basis)

Surface wise we're very similar, definitely identical to outsiders. Noticeably different underneath though

why are canacucks so polite

Carry over from Britain. New Zealand has it too, but Australia is more like America in this regard I think.

Of course you would because you are a gullible sharter

Maybe if you count in all the oldworlders you have imported lately, like american iraqis and american indians(desi) and american first generation asians.
But the underlying mentalities here are still very different, the stuff you notice on the second look besides the obvious like appearance and rituals . Your extremely diverse climate zones might lead to more divergent day to day routines and a different asses to hobbys (hunting) but the totality of differences cant be that great as you stem from the same root, operate under the same systems and markets and watch the same media.
Im only thinking of western europeans here and not of the actual otherlings here like romanian and bulgarian poor people and peasants, balkanites and finns vs swedes and other exots.

Now we have Krispy Kreme and costco. Haven’t been to Costo yet (I like Hagkaup) but Krispy Kreme is pretty comfy (despite the retarded spelling)

Are canadians different to alaskan people?
Im mostly thinking about whites here because your current synthesis with east asians would be like taking oir almanci turks an an example of how we are different to americans.

We have a hate/love relationship. A lot of people ressent the invasion of what is felt as as cheap commercial cultural products, or cheap fast food, for example. But at the same, if that "invasion" is so successful is because we lap that stuff up. Free market and all that. There were hours long lines when Burger King opened restaurants in France, for fuck's sake. And american series, music, movies are consistently at the top of the charts.

Is literally erasing everything here. Food, clothes, culture, music, even the language.

If you would annex us as a new state, nothing will be so much different.

At least it would be better than be part of Merkelreich

People on Yukon will be very similar to Alaskans. People in Newfoundland and the Maritimes are similar to those in Northern New England, someone from the Prairies is like someone from the Dakotas or Montana, BC is similar to OR, WA, and northern CA, etc.
When we say similar though we are talking about dress, accent, food, etc. We still have different demographics, history, government, civic structure, architecture, sometimes language, often sports, ideas concerning human rights, views of our role in the world, etc. These have an impact on people that goes much deeper than the surface stuff.
I can't speak about Asians, my province is only slightly smaller than Austria and has only white people.

Are you guys still offended by this? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgment_of_Paris_(wine)

Oh i forgot the widespreading of ''feminism'' (with all the stuffs as corvy, manspreading, the various -shaming words, etc) and our girls think that create families and having children are bad and ''bigot'' things ''muh because of our careers and our emancipations''.

Even the concept of ''Mulcitulturalism'' never existed here until the late 1990, and now is the most discussed topic.

You ruined EVERYTHING.

>There were hours long lines when Burger King opened restaurants in France

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGHHHHH!

Fuck, when will someone please rescue foreigners from Burger King, McDonalds, Wendy's and tell them that those are the absolute lowest tier of what Burgers should be.

Trust me, you have to visit a gourmet burger place to truly know what a good burger is. It's worlds apart from fast food fare. McDs and Burger King are juggernauts only because they offer two things; speed & convenience.

...........WE LITERALLY IMPORTED THAT SHIT FROM YOU JACKASSES.

Go study the work of 1920s - 1940s European academics & intellectuals to see where this shit came from.

With that flag of yours, I hope you know who Antonio Gramsci is, for instance

Yes, a sicilian albanian communist that the wise Mussolini expelled.

Your ''importation'', more than Gramsci, is due to Frankfurt school exiles and refugees ...later developed in the '60s in your Cali colleges as Stanford, etc.