What a depressing fucking life

What a depressing fucking life
I can't believe this show made me feel bad for a bunch of professional criminals

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GeldvNxpW44
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it really is a show about life and human misery with gangsters as a backdrop. so many details about how human beings behave and think. I love watching it because I feel like I learn things, as pathetic as that sounds.

Him, Silvio and Larry Barese were the smartest guys
They just carved out their little piece and enjoyed life

It doesn't. The Sopranos are one of those few works of art that teach you something.

this, especially Silvio
pic rel the saddest character for me

>I learn things
I remember feeling the same, normal.

watch this for the feels: youtube.com/watch?v=GeldvNxpW44

I still haven't watched this show. After all those threads my expectations are through the roof

The saddest thing is that how everyone of them threw away the honor shit for money
One example that immediately springs into my mind is how Tony was all up for helping Vito's family until his wife said she needed 100k to relocate
Not to mention how he broke his friendship with Hesh because of a loan
Don't marathon it, you'll ruin it. Just take your time, watch a couple of episodes a day at most and enjoy it

>ywn stand on the precipice of a crossroads

6B Tony is the darkest, most soulless character that's ever been on a TV screen

Tony was at his most reprehensible in the final season. He thought that since he survived a gunshot he was untouchable and it gave him freedom to do anything he wanted. His "every day is a gift" mantra rapidly fell apart as the season went on.

That's because they're either old or middle aged men.

Young gangsters have the most fun.

Look at all the fun he's having

>fucks young bitches
>they're attracted to him because women like dangerous men
>had money
>had an easy (but dangerous) job which pays a lot
>wasn't a wageslave
>had all the free time he wanted

It's not his fault he's retarded enough to hit a mob Captain's truck after being told not to and knowing about the consequences.

>fuck bitches hurr

ye man cause you cant fuck bitches unless you're a gangster. totally worth getting yourself killed over

>I loved him like a brother in law
what did philly mean by this?

>let me tell you a couple of three things
>there's no scraps in my scrapbook

What did he mean by this?

TURN THAT OWFF

Six Feet Under is another, eve better show about human condition.

He murdered chrissy

>eve better show
No. It's a good show, but Sopranos trounces it. I tried rewatching a few SFUs and I found them hit and miss. Whereas I've watched The Sopranos about six times.

i grew up w/ single mom, felt like this show taught me a lot about manhood or how to be a man, as lame as that is. i dont know if that's a good or bad thing, it just is what it is

>whatever happened to Gary coopah?

I prefer the angle that the funeral house brings. Amazing wit and insight to human condition and really funny way of exploring it.

Both shows are great imho, so for me it's just a preference and not a direct 1 > 2 "objectinve ranking".

I don't see how SFU is hit and miss. I'd argue it's less so than Sopranos, just because s1 of Sopranos is so different and not-yet-realized as the following seasons were.

>I don't see how SFU is hit and miss
Well, I just think some of the dialogue in SFU walks a really fine line between hilariously honest and horribly stilted. The last episode I rewatched was the episode in season 1 where Claire goes on that wilderness retreat and Nate is pissed at the Australian guy who stays with Brenda for awhile. The scene where Brenda and Nate argue about the guy was very very good. The scene where Claire is caught with marijuana at the retreat was not.

He was gay, Gary Cooper?

You know Quasimodo predicted all this

No! Are you listening to me? Hey, people suffered.
Did you? Except for maybe the feds.

I HATE Sopranos threads when other user's talk about some other really shit tvshow that no has ever watched.

make ur own Six feeet under thread or mad men thread or insert not that great tv show thread

>no one has ever watched.
>sfu
i think you just outed yaself as a pleb

SFU is the closest thing to a companion piece for The Sopranos. It espouses the same themes of work and family intertwining.

Actually late 90's early 2000 media is more and more showing itself as the time of the death of the American family ideal. Something was definitely happening socially at that time that was a closing of a cultural door. it definitely in hindsight has the marks of an unrecognised movement or style which has had a resounding effect on most creative media today. Both Sopranos and sfu are part of this.

>the sacred and the propane

s1 great
s2 really great
s3 good
s4 going down
s5 getting desperate
s6 pleb tier filler trash

>wasting a 100k on faggots wife and his mentally ill son

It's a silo

You mean you didn't have a male role model and latched onto a bunch of sociopaths instead.

>i dont know if that's a good or bad thing, it just is what it is
It was pretty bad when Tony did the same thing

>you just know!

I think it's just new millennium angst. Something ended literally, so everyone jumped to say things were ending figuratively as well. I've seen things about the end of history, of art, of optimism; all timed around the Y2K

I think you're just speaking out of your ass
Early 90s were ten times as edgy as early 2000s

I think you're confusing the actual word angst with internet slang "edgy."