I hate child actors. Why are they always so shit and cringe-y?

I hate child actors. Why are they always so shit and cringe-y?

Because children tend to be shit and cringey

There are occasionally good ones. I actually thought Furlong was really good in T2. I believed him at the end when he had to send his best friend and father figure into the lava.

Because the only acting they do is acting like they haven't been molested

because they're still children.

when they're children they are shit actors

when they grow up they are shit people

That's what real kids are like, dude.
Also Stranger Things had a good child actor in the main role. The other kids sucked though, especially the black kid.

because children are kids, you dummy

Most child actors are spoiled brats with little to no talent. It's rare to come across a good child/tween actor who doesn't behave in a cringy, annoying way.

I think the only kid actor I can appreciate nowadays is Finn from Stranger Things, the rest is garbage

kill yourselves seriously

they are young, thus no time to practice yet

Fucking this OP. Child actors/actresses adds nothing of value to any media they are in other than just being cute/fapbait.

They generally piss me off. The kid in The Shining was pretty good thoug.

You're a pedophobe.

I also think Finn is good actor.

Literally had to be tricked into the role, which tells you something about the quality of deliberate child acting.

only good child actor was Kevin from Home Alone
period

It's good when they're cute and deaf. Like that qt one in Orphan.

>tfw no daughter

when kids have to act in an emotional scene, i cringe my arse off

Fuck off, that kid was annoying as fuck. Just a generic creepy child.

>tricked into the role
I haven't heard that story

I would wager you have some unresolved feelings feom your childhood affecting your judgement. Kids are kids, occaaionally one is right for a role but even 'good' actors like the kids from stranger things have to read lines that sound like something adults would say.

>He was selected for the role due to his ability to maintain his concentration for extended periods. In the DVD commentary by Garrett Brown and John Baxter, they state that Kubrick was able to film all of Lloyd's scenes without the six-year-old actor realizing he was in ahorror movie. He was led to believe that he was just acting in a drama film about a family who lives in a hotel.

It's simply because a lot of emotion that children show at younger ages is either imitating adults in whichever way they feel is appropriate to the situation at hand or simply limited to a few definitive emotions. Basically children don't really know how to act because they haven't felt as broad a range of emotions as more mature actors and lack the cognitive development to transcend into a character and not simply themselves. Older actors can act but children can only imitate and it shows on the screen.

kys

I guess this is a decent assessment.