2463 days

>2463 days
>(Or 6 years, 8 months, 26 days including today)
>it still hurts

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sCmLg3omWVE&t=2s
collegehumor.com/video/6099973/unanswered-lost-questions
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I watched the first season recently. I didn't get into the magic of it and I will not buy other seasons. Too bad, because I was waiting to see Adebisi's performance.

They wrote it as they went along. It sucked

wish i hadn't watched it so many times as a kid, i couldnt really stand putting myself though that agian

>They wrote it as they went along.
so like literally ANY other tv series?

i miss the golden age of verticals.
also shit ending.

>seasons 1-3 Lily: 6/10
>seasons 4-6 Lily: 7/10
>post LOST Lily: 11/10

>pregnant Lily: 0/10 (as any other pregnant woman)

loved her

i paused here

It's not very good series honestly
Adebisi's performance was some of the best in the series, unfortunately short though

I LOVE YOU PENNY, IVE ALWAYS LOVED YOU

youtube.com/watch?v=sCmLg3omWVE&t=2s

I PROMISE

What? You mean they didn't wrote all 6 seasons before starting?

I remember waking up early the next day (I'm a Britbong), downloading it, and watching it before school in bed while eating peanut butter on toast with milk. Good times.

I had hope during the first few seasons when the writers said they had the basic show already laid out. I couldn't WAIT to get those questions answered.

I actually thought LOST would go down as one of the greatest series in history.

Then the last episode of season 6 aired. And it ended.

You could actually hear the sound of millions of TVs being thrown out of windows simultaneously.

They had it laid out but a bunch of things happened, like Mr. Eko taking Locke's place as the Man in Black, but his actor being an asshole and a general nuisance during filming, so they had to let him go and change the plans, and also the writer's strike. They definitely could have used one season less, but it was overall a very good show.

And you just didn't understand the final episode, sorry dude.

No, I understood it. I got the point of the flash sideways being a point of limbo outside the laws of time and space where our favorite characters could come to terms with themselves and those they cared about, as they waited to make that final journey together.

I understood that when it aired. But the series began in a premise of mysteries of science, nature, and the unknown but became a soap opera over the years where apparently the writers hoped we'd all forget why we started watching it to begin with.

Leaving several dozen questions unanswered was a huge fuck you to the people that stuck with it for 6 years.

But if you feel better on your high horse spewing the 'kek you just didn't get it' bullshit have at it, kiddo.

The inordinate amount of time the show spent on punching numbers in the station computer ruined the show for me. So fucking retarded

What was unanswered though? I thougt they covered it all up.

Don't forget to take your ADD medicine kid

is she jacking that guy off?

collegehumor.com/video/6099973/unanswered-lost-questions

got 'im

*unsheates katana*

psh, you're the kiddo here, kiddo.

>if you don't like a meaningless plot device meant to manufacture hours of cliche frantic typing scenes, you must have ADD

Wow epic

It's been so long, you'd think someone would have let go by now.

Im on my first run through, about mid season 3, Adebisi just died. Pretty sure Season 4 was amid the writers strike if I have my years correct, is that when the begin decline happens?

kill yourself

Every Thursday after a new episode aired, a coworker and I would discuss our theories about what was going on, and the different questions they threw at us.

We came up with so many different ideas as time went on, I was balls-out excited to finally see what the real answers were.

As each each S6 episode aired, and we kept drawing closer to the end, all I kept thinking was "Holy shit, they're going to answer ALL THESE QUESTIONS in this short of time? These guys are amazing."

Then the day of the last episode, and I was thinking " these guys are the most amazing writing team ever, they actually came up with a way to answer all of it in one episode, which means it will all tie together in some brilliant way"

I knew they had 6 years to plan it out, I couldn't wait to see how we'd see how it all came together from the beginning.

Then it ended.

LOST on the screen.

It may as well have said FUCK YOU

Watched it live about 5am on Sky1, felt so empty afterwards.

10/10 would recommend.

People don't realise that the message is about the journey, not the destination.

This and this.
Still one of my fav series, but the S6 "revelations" just sucked ass.
Could have been a god tier show.

>the message is about the journey, not the destination
Journey was shit from the 3rd season onwards, though

>And you just didn't understand the final episode, sorry dude.

This level of delusion so many years after. The show made no sense and the writers had no idea what they were doing.

>message is about the journey, not the destination.

post-rationalization for how incompetently the ending was handled.

>Journey was shit from the 3rd season onwards, though

Very much this.

Remember in Seasons 1 and 2 how the Others were thought to be something supernatural?

Remember how excited we were to catch our first glimpse when Eko was hiding from them?

"Did the Others take the form of children? They're going to fuck somebody up as children."

Then Season 3.

BTW the Others are just some assholes living in a gated community on the island.

Then the episode ended with FUCK YOU on the screen.

>Remember in Seasons 1 and 2 how the Others were thought to be something supernatural?
>BTW the Others are just some assholes living in a gated community on the island.
I just finished watching Lost recently and this got me really angry. For the whole 1st and 2nd seasons "the others" are basically gods who can go around undetected, do whatever they want whenever they want and whisper in the shadows when you're near to spook you.

Then turns out they're just a bunch of people who know the place, have nothing to do with the whispers, and just want you to kindly fuck off because reasons.

Agreed. The way they handled the Others made it retroactively make absolutely no sense why they did what they did. While I still enjoyed how things turned out and I feel it was interesting in its own right, it really wasn't very consistent.

>the whispers

Holy fuck remember how spooky those were in the beginning?

You heard those, you knew shit was about to happen.

They later had an episode where some characters screwed up something on the island and as a consequence were jumping around in time.

Our predominant theory about the whispers was that it was actually THEM from another time, and since they kept jumping around you just heard them as whispers moving in and out of that time.

Then it was just Hurley casually mentioning the whispers were "people trapped on the island" or some shit. Like after all that spookiness it really wasn't even a big deal, and no one ever cared about it again.

Then the episode ended.

FUCK YOU

I stopped watching the show after season 2.

I don't feel like watching the rest after so many years, so can someone give me a summary of what happens, what's the mystery behind the island and why did the ending piss people off so much?

>what happens
There was a mastermind orchestrating everything to prevent another mastermind orchestrating everything to destroy the first mastermind. They're both supernatural beings for some reason. In the end the suposedly good one wins by puppetering Jack into doing good guy things.

>what's the mistery
Never explained. The island has something that makes light and that needs to be protected so the isle keeps existing... for some unknown reason.

>why did the ending piss people off so much
because it gives zero explanations to all and every shit going on at the moment and at the past, it shits on half of the characters and tries to go for a happy feeling ending that was absolutely undeserved

Westworld wiil be better. Some think it could even turn out to be like a sequel. Its gonna have that contained world dynamic and will keep you wondering till the last episode... I think, I heard from a friend of a friend whos worked on it that they already have like three seasons worth of footage that the actors and most of the crew think has been discarded but is gonna serve as a plot tool foundation for the following seasons. she said that the atmosphere on set feels like a cult at times but I think nolan just runs a tight ship.

What is Babylon 5.

Maybe it isn't the best answer but at least they provided an explanation for that one.

I heard they were rebooting that as a movie.

Oh man all the handwaved bull crap is coming back to me now
>smoke monster is Satan or something lol who cares
>Walt? Literally who?
>yeah dharma had polar bears so what? They survive just fine on a tropical island fuck off

Literal conversation I had not much ago
>but user, the polar bears were explained! There was a zoo
>where are the other animals, then?
>well, uh, they died, not the polar bears, though
>and what was the zoo for?
>not everything needs to be explained!

>WAAAAAAALT built up as special
>disappears for half the show
>they never go anywhere with it
why

Probably the biggest letdown of the show. They were hyped for two seasons as some really creepy, scary and mysterious people, but then season 3 opens up with them having book clubs and shit.

>but wait, Libby was at the asylum with Hurley
>and she's totally insane
>Libby dies
>never mentioned again
>not even when they find each other in the afterlife

By the way, was there ever an explanation to what the "infection" was, what it actually did and why infected people killed each other? Or why Claire was infected but she could actually be talked out of it?

>All of these plebs desperately clawing for an explanation when the point of the show was that it didn't matter
Seriously what answer would have made you faggots okay with the explanation? Angry ghosts? An evil scientist? God did it?

The island is a fucked up place where magic shit happens. Accept it, it's a plot vehicle to show off the characters and their reaction to unexplained phenomena.

Answerfags really ruined the show

that...sound like shit, user

Nigga you dumb. The MiB has satan powers and if you're not a good person he can mindrape you and you go insane. Claire never got talked out of anything and was crazy until she died insane

>Claire never got talked out of anything and was crazy until she died insane
No. She actually went along with everybody else for a while and everything was fine even if she was clearly broken inside.
When Rousseau talks about the infected people, she says that they just go mad and start killing others. We can actually see it happening during the time travel shenanigans.
For some reason, instead of that, Sayid gets mindcontrolled and Claire just loses her mind until people show some empathy and get her back with the team.

kek what a pathetic cop out.

>Its not supposed to make sense.

quality writing.

It makes sense you just didn't like the explanation

I mean she gets on the plane at the end but her mind is still seriously fucked up. Plus MiB is dead at that point so maybe her crazy wore off

>No Kate you don't understand I'm playing them from the inside

>It makes sense you just didn't like the explanation

Give me the explanation for the korean guy getting teleported with the island but not the people on the helicopter even though he was a few dozen kilometers further away

He was a candidate and tied to the island by jacob

So were half the people on the helicopter, but they didn't teleport
Try again

>entire show about how stuff outside of scientific explanation happens
>biggest rivalry is between the man of faith and the man of science
>by the end of season 4 the man of science is fucking panicking cause he realised the other guy was right
>WHY DIDN'T THEY EXPLAIN EVERYTHING

Some things were just poorly explained. Jacob doesn't even know what the fuck is going on because even his stepmother just happened to strand there, probably like every leader before them.
And fuck the religious ending sideways! (pun intended)
Sayid tries to be with Nadia for six seasons, and then in heaven he's with Shannon, because he stuck his dick in her for 2 days on the island. Right...

Jin was on the boat that blew up, he wasn't on the helicopter you retard. Everyone on the helicopter stayed on the helicopter and everyone that jumped off stayed with the island

Sayid loving Nadia was his way rebelling against the republican guard that he hated, and once she died he abandoned that way of life (not really he's still the most evil guy on the team lol) and tried to move past it. And now his redemption arc was getting a pure white girl to love him for who he is and not what he's trying not to be.

Explanation =/= Scientific explanation, user

I don't care if the polar bears come from a magic bearmaking device. But I want to know why the fuck would they want a magic bearmaking device in the first place, and what do they plan to make with those magic polar bears

Yes, and the question stands: why do the people on the helicopter not get teleported but Jin on the fucking ship does?

They were studying the effects of the island on various animals. Like for instance why is it that animals that shouldn't be able to survive in a jungle like horses and polar bears don't just die from the environment.

They literally tell you this at least twice

Because the people on the helicopter had an escape route while jin would have died in the ocean via suicide, and candidates can't kill themselves.

Really son it's all solid you're just not paying enough attention to what they explicitly tell you is happening

>2463 days since the biggest let down in any series finale ever
yea fuck that show and its hack writers

Somehow 6 years later lost threads and their verticals never fail to disappoint even though it's just the shattered remnants of a better time

It's the basic problem with american shows. Patricians watch anime.

I like how people say bad/evil isn't really clear cut when it comes to Jacob and his brother. The J is a little fucked in the head if you ask me.

>brother I'm so sorry I turned you into smoke but you shall never leave, while I go cruising around the world
>brings thousands of people to the island to play a little game
>sorry I made all your lifes so miserable but I want you to have what I never had: a choice
>facepalm.jpg

And this is all I have to say about that.

>jin dying on the sea because someone detonated explosives in a ship counts as suicide
That's some nice headcanon you got there, user

That was an example, not an actual doubt

This never fails to make me smile.

>Deciding to stay on the boat that you know will explode and kill you in 30 seconds
>Anything other than suicide

That's like if I were standing in front of a train and blaming the conductor because he hit me

He did run to the helicopter later, user, he had the full intention of getting out of there.
Also, he later actually dies by suicide, because he stays behind with his wife, so he CAN die by suicide

That gif never fails to make me laugh

He ran after it while it was 20 feet above the boat. Was he gonna jump? He made the decision to stay knowing it would probably kill him.

Jacob had died by that point so they had lost their protections

>not being able to reach safety on time counts as suicide
You're just grasping at straws at this point

Way too many plot babies in this thread and not enough lost verticals

>Hey this boat is gonna explode in one minute

>Oh okay I'll just stay here until the very last second

>Are you sure? It'll probably kill you

>Yes I'm doing it for my wife

Yea not suicide at all

>I'll stay until the last second, but I hope I actually make it out alive
>ok, done, now let's get outta here
>fuck, didn't manage

Yeah, he totally wanted to kill himself

dudes, you're microanalyzing things that went like this in the writers room

>Sun and Jin need to die, heroic death please
>well, we got that submarine thing going
>yeah let's use that!

Jacob and island rules are not fixed. The story creates them, not the other way round.